Dark Falz HP didn't reset after my death

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Guildcard
Hi guys!

So... while soloing TTF I screwed up when fighting Dark Falz on Ultimate difficulty, and I got four-hit by his silly Gibarta on his next-to-last form and died.

No prob, that's why I leave a safety pipe up! So I warped back, killed the Darvants... and then his first form died to one shot of my Last Swan. Then his second form died to just a handful of shots. Final form was normal.

My best guess is that Dark Falz never got his full hp back, so his first form had 1 hp and the second form had whatever I had left off at, leaving the final form as normal.

I haven't tried to repeat this bug, so I'm not sure if this can be replicated or not. But I thought I'd give you a heads-up either way. Or maybe someone has encountered this before and its a server timing thing? Who knows! I'm just a dumb soldier reporting in, smart subjects are above my pay grade.

Thanks for all you guys do for the server and happy hunting to all
P.S. That motherfucker Falz deserved it for once sorry not sorry

I had the same issue happen to me and a friend when we were tackling Olga Flow on Hard difficulty a couple of days ago. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or an intended mechanic, like a checkpoint or some such.

Phase one took two shots; one reduced its hp to zero, the next shot phased it. Phase 2 had exactly the same HP remaining as when we wiped the first time. We wiped again because we suck, and the exact same thing happened.

If this is not an intended mechanic, then I can double confirm that this is a bug that is occurring with some if not all bosses.

Anti DMC implementation bug. I'm sure it'll be ironed out by Tofuman. ;)

Going to guess it's an issue with bosses with multiple forms, Tofu already looked at this and it worked for most stuff, but admittedly it didn't cross my mind to check out things like Olga, Vol Opt and Falz.

To add onto this, the Dragon was behaving oddly as well. I was soloing TTF on Hard mode with my FOnl and noticed the following:

The Dragon has 5000 HP. When you deal enough damage to knock him down, you normally cannot deplete its HP past 1500 until it gets up and roars. However, the monster reader was saying that its HP was going lower than 1500 until it actually reached zero. Further attacks caused the HP reader to flicker between 1500 and 0. It got up, roared, HP reader displayed 1500 HP again, and I tested four different scenarios.

1: Casted Barta on the first vulnerability frame. The fight ended immediately.
2: Hit it with a Wand for zero damage on the first vulnerability frame. The dragon flew up, and immediately crashed down, and ended the fight.
3: Hit it with a Wand for eight damage on the first vulnerability frame, immediately ending the fight.
4: Did nothing. The dragon flew up and away like normal. I hit it with a Barta, which ended the fight.

The tl;dr here is that the Dragon's HP is going below a value it should not be going below in phase 1, causing extremely easy dragon fights.

Oh, in that case it sounds like the fix for HP resetting (along with Dragon HP fix) that was done got reverted.

I'll let Tofu know and he'll get around to it when he has time.

Back