Colored rings and new team point rewards

Cookie

Gotta eat 'em all!
Since Red Ring is THE shield to have at level 180+ and I always pay attention to character outfit / weapon / color combo I was wondering if it's possible to introduce new colored rings.
I know there already are multiple unused rings in the ItemPMT (green, blue, black, white, purple, yellow), so how about changing those rings to a Red Ring copy (stat wise) and then making them an actual drop from Dark Falz on the corresponding section ID. Or how about randomizing all Red Ring drops? So players can get a Red Ring (stats) but the actual color is random.

Second suggestion is not very specific, but since we now can team point armors and units, too, I was wondering if we could get some more team point rewards. Maybe new quests or whatever. Or make certain existing quests team point unlockable.

1. As long as the rates for RR, remained the same and the drop charts would be unneffected. The current rings while generally unused do get collected by some. (blue is unobtainable though?), so I wouldn't want to get rid of these.

If it were just red ring but in many colours available then I'd be all for it. Aesthetics matter 8), plus I know many would enjoy this.

2. Some form of team reward system has been discussed, in which so many points go towards a small RDR rise for a short period. It hasn't really been discussed since afaik? I personally would be happy to see the team point system made useful again.

Depending on how much effort the PROGRAMBOYZ want to put in, I put out an idea to add duplicates of Red Ring to the data with other existing shields' models, and give people some ability to trade both the original shield and a Red Ring for one. I think the colored rings would be a good way to pioneer this idea if it were considered.

As for team point rewards, Spuz covered it. A few ideas have been discussed internally, so we'll see that come to fruition sooner or later.

Since Red Ring is THE shield to have at level 180+ and I always pay attention to character outfit / weapon / color combo I was wondering if it's possible to introduce new colored rings.
I know there already are multiple unused rings in the ItemPMT (green, blue, black, white, purple, yellow), so how about changing those rings to a Red Ring copy (stat wise) and then making them an actual drop from Dark Falz on the corresponding section ID. Or how about randomizing all Red Ring drops? So players can get a Red Ring (stats) but the actual color is random.

Second suggestion is not very specific, but since we now can team point armors and units, too, I was wondering if we could get some more team point rewards. Maybe new quests or whatever. Or make certain existing quests team point unlockable.
Cooookiiiiies! *GLOMPS and GROOMS!* Missed ya! Purple and Black rings are obtainable just fine from TTF .... the other odd colored rings like white, green etc are event or quest related here? Not sure if the server gods have implemented them here or not tho. There's a SONIC TEAM PSO Ending credits picture with ALL the rings that was pretty bad ass =3!

Cooookiiiiies! *GLOMPS and GROOMS!* Missed ya! Purple and Black rings are obtainable just fine from TTF .... the other odd colored rings like white, green etc are event or quest related here? Not sure if the server gods have implemented them here or not tho. There's a SONIC TEAM PSO Ending credits picture with ALL the rings that was pretty bad ass =3!

Fyi:
Green you get from the 'love trial' in TTF/RT.
White you get from labyrinth trial quest.
Yellow is ep2 cmode A rank prize.
Blue is unobtainable?

Dat Blue iludes me.

Fyi:
Blue is unobtainable?

Dat Blue iludes me.
ow WOW!!! TYTYTYTYTY!!! Had always been curious of the visual affects of the other colored rings. Purple has the Hearts that float up..... Black has that angry red pulse like the special on some weapons.... wonder what the others do? Red of course gives off JACK DIDDLY SQUAT when near another Red Ringer...it's like one red ring looks at the other like...."meh!" lol

Blue is from Hearts and Masters, the MA1/2 event.

I could see this being implemented but there would have to be a way to convert RR with variable stats through server-sided checks and not quest creation, because then otherwise people could create RRs in quests through exploits and that's not good.

Fyi:
Blue is unobtainable?

Thanks for listing those. (+Purple/Black from TTF, as already mentioned)
While those colored rings are nice, you still don't get 20 ATA, LCK and ATP. ;(

And yes, there are still some potential problems.

Name collisions
Probably not a very good idea to have a "Purple Ring" (TTF reward) and another "Purple Ring" (RR in disguise). So maybe it's best to look at other examples in standard PSO like all the different DB Sabers and Flowen Swords. All having the same name / appearance but different stats. So lets say all rings will be called "Red Ring", but the item description is a little different. Can be a little creative with that one like "Replica of legendary ring blabla" or "Made by Sodacorp / Tofucorp AUW 1337" (1337 maybe a bit to much but you get the idea).
TLDR All rings will be called Red Ring, but have different item description (and color of course).

Implementing as a random drop
Current RR drop rate is 1/186. Idk how all this is implemented, but maybe it's possible to have multiple rare drops from one enemy? Just like boxes having multiple Barrier or Amplifier drops. That would be easiest, because it could be just like:

Current drop:
Red Ring 1/186 (=7/1302)

New drops:
Green Ring 1/1302
Blue Ring 1/1302
Purple Ring 1/1302
Red Ring 1/1302
Yellow Ring 1/1302
White Ring 1/1302
Black Ring 1/1302

Overall I think it would be nice for collectors, trading and character looks.

Also, if Red Ring will be 7x 1/1302 for all colors then the drop chart HTML export needs to be updated in a way that it's not listing 7x Red Ring 1/1302, because that might be a bit confusing.

Actually, scratch that "all rings called Red Ring but different colors". Thought about it but it will probably suck if you have multiple colors in bank and to get the right one. Pick up all rings, go to area, check colors, equip the right ring, get the rest back to bank ... that's too much.

So there is still the problem of name collision, so I thought those rings could have completly new names. First idea everybody might have are gem names. Something like...

Blue: Sapphire Ring
Green: Emerald Ring
Purple: Amethyst Ring
Yellow: Topaz Ring
White: Diamond/Crystal/Alabaster Ring
Black: Jet Ring

http://www.bioflexbodyjewelry.ca/i/swarovski_color_chart.jpg

But maybe something completely different might be nice, so I thought Green could be forest, so why not use area names.

Blue: Seaside Ring
Green: Forest Ring
Purple: Ruins Ring
Yellow: Cave/Temple/Desert Ring
White: ??? Ring
Black: ??? Ring
(or maybe Episode 1 areas + East and West Tower Ring for black/white?)

Or Sonic/Sega names

Blue: Sonic Ring
Green: Vector Ring
Purple: Espio/Nights Ring
Yellow: Tails Ring
White: Silver/Rouge Ring
Black: Shadow Ring

PSO/Phantasy Star characters

Blue: Rolf's Ring
Green: ??? Ring
Purple: Nei's Ring
Yellow: ??? Ring
White: ??? Ring
Black: Dark Falz Ring
(or maybe PSO bosses)

6 Rings, 6 photon blasts

Blue: Estlla Ring
Green: Golla Ring
Purple: Pilla Ring
Yellow: Farlla Ring
White: Leilla Ring
Black: Mylla Youlla Ring

Or maybe just using names that fit into the PSO universe. This is a bit more "neutral" and could fit well.

Blue: ??? Ring
Purple: ??? Ring
Yellow: ??? Ring
White: Divine Ring
Black: Dark Ring

Blue: ??? Ring
Purple: ??? Ring
Yellow: Sol Ring
White: Star Ring
Black: Moon Ring

Threw out some random ideas here, hope that's ok. I'm done now. Maybe somebody can pick up and brainstorm some more.

yes helo I finally took a look at this.

The dummy rings do not have the functionality of the normal coloured rings, meaning they can be repurposed easily. Main question is where to have them obtainable from. I could see the alternate drop thing as you suggested, although not sure about those rates as that would be essentially doubling the drop rate of Red Ring. Personally I'm a fan of combination entries that you combine with "coloured paint" (or something...) and you can make your Red Ring whatever colour you want.

Though of course having them as collector's items you need to find is a thing too... could see if it's possible to have 7 drops off the RR IDs and tweak the rates so that it's still roughly 1/186 across the 7.

Back