[CM] Weapon Drops

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Figured I should make a new thread.

It appears that items in Challenge are dropping from one floor too high. This means that Temple Alpha will have Temple Beta's drops, Temple Beta will have Spaceship Alpha's drops, etc. This means that:

- Autogun/Brand are dropping too early in 2C2 (Areas 8-10, supposed to drop from Area 11+ only)
- Buster/Lockgun are dropping too early in 2C3 (Areas 16-19, supposed to drop from Areas 17+ only)
- Pallasch/Railgun are dropping too early in 2C4 (Areas 21-26, supposed to drop from Areas 24+ only)

This was also seen in 1C2, where Brand/Autogun is dropping there instead of Saber/Handgun. Brand/Autogun should start in Caves 2, not Caves 1. Not sure if this has been fixed though as I haven't played Episode 1 since the latest update.

Furthermore, non-saber/handgun/cane weapon types do not seem to drop at a proper rate, and if they do, their rank is too low. Daggers were found in 2C3 (should have been Knife), Sword was found in 2C4 (should have been Gigush), etc. etc.

Apart from that, everything seems to be functioning correctly.

I'm reading the ItemPT data for Viridia's Challenge mode. Episode 1 and Episode 2's weapon drop data is identical, so I'm going to paste what's in the PT file.

Parse Episode I Challenge data....

Minimum rank for weapon type 1 (Saber) is 0. Floor increase: 3
Minimum rank for weapon type 2 (Sword) is -2. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 3 (Daggers) is -1. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 4 (Partisans) is -5. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 5 (Slicers) is -7. Floor increase: 5
Minimum rank for weapon type 6 (Handguns) is 0. Floor increase: 3
Minimum rank for weapon type 7 (Rifles) is -2. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 8 (Mechguns) is -5. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 9 (Shots) is -7. Floor increase: 3
Minimum rank for weapon type 10 (Canes) is 0. Floor increase: 3
Minimum rank for weapon type 11 (Rods) is -2. Floor increase: 4
Minimum rank for weapon type 12 (Wands) is -4. Floor increase: 4

Area 1 ranks: 1:0 2:-2 3:-1 4:-5 5:-7 6:0 7:-2 8:-5 9:-7 10:0 11:-2 12:-4
Area 2 ranks: 1:0 2:-2 3:-1 4:-5 5:-7 6:0 7:-2 8:-5 9:-7 10:0 11:-2 12:-4
Area 3 ranks: 1:1 2:-2 3:-1 4:-5 5:-7 6:1 7:-2 8:-5 9:-6 10:1 11:-2 12:-4
Area 4 ranks: 1:1 2:-1 3:0 4:-4 5:-7 6:1 7:-1 8:-4 9:-6 10:1 11:-1 12:-3
Area 5 ranks: 1:1 2:-1 3:0 4:-4 5:-6 6:1 7:-1 8:-4 9:-6 10:1 11:-1 12:-3
Area 6 ranks: 1:2 2:-1 3:0 4:-4 5:-6 6:2 7:-1 8:-4 9:-5 10:2 11:-1 12:-3
Area 7 ranks: 1:2 2:-1 3:0 4:-4 5:-6 6:2 7:-1 8:-4 9:-5 10:2 11:-1 12:-3
Area 8 ranks: 1:2 2:0 3:1 4:-3 5:-6 6:2 7:0 8:-3 9:-5 10:2 11:0 12:-2
Area 9 ranks: 1:3 2:0 3:1 4:-3 5:-6 6:3 7:0 8:-3 9:-4 10:3 11:0 12:-2
Area 10 ranks: 1:3 2:0 3:1 4:-3 5:-5 6:3 7:0 8:-3 9:-4 10:3 11:0 12:-2

Basically, from what I understand about the PT, every weapon type has a minimum rank. That increases every certain number of floors, up there marked "Floor increase". You can calculate the rank that should drop on a floor by rank = minimum_rank + (floor / floor_increase)

Reading the PT data up there, we see Sabers and Handguns start a minimum rank 0 but increase every 3 floors.

1C2 occurs in Cave 1, which in PSO sense is Area 3. Minimum rank is 0, since we increase every 3 floors, that adds one more rank to Saber and Handguns.

2C1 occurs in Temple Alpha (Area 1), for the first 3 areas, then Temple Beta (Area 2) for the 2nd 3 areas. Daggers (3) have a -1 weapon rank there, meaning they would NEVER be dropped. (Unless from a set box.)

2C2 occurs in the Spaceship Alpha and Beta.. Those are areas 3 and 4. Using PT calculation, we're supposed to raise the ranking of Handguns and Sabers once we get to the Beta portion (the 4th and higher areas of that Challenge).

Now 2C3 did have a bug because we remapped CCA to 8 when it was supposed to be 5. I fixed that in my dev ship, and will correct that on reboot.

I don't know how to repair the other drops, should they need repairing (I know you said you've only played on a private server before, no offense.) If so, I'd like someone who knows 100% about PT loading to let me know what I need to correct for Challenge mode. Because I refuse to code hacky work arounds for stuff.

Just FYI, these are the "floors" for the areas:

01 - VR Temple Alpha
02 - VR Temple Beta
03 - VR Space Ship Alpha
04 - VR Space Ship Beta
05 - Central Control Area
06 - Jungle East
07 - Jungle South
08 - Mountains
09 - Seaside
10 - Seabed Upper
11 - Seabed Lower

I understand that I've only played on private servers for PSO, however I'm using Cheripha's GC videos as my basis:

http://puu.sh/jFa7C/9a95695868.jpg
Here is a pic of the HUcast using daggers in 2C1 on Barba Ray. As far as I know, there's no set boxes in 2C1 with Dagger, and as you said, you took the information directly from GC. I'd have to find at which point in the video they drop.

http://puu.sh/jFau7/467182bba3.jpg
Heart Sniper in Area 21 of 2C4. We found a Mind Rifle in the middle of the map from an enemy, a rank too low.

http://puu.sh/jFaB2/7c1a4460e2.jpg
"mdlg" call, as in Machine/Dark Lockgun. We were finding Railguns in Area 21 of 2C4.

http://puu.sh/jFaDp/e8c627b1ad.jpg
"db" call, as in Dark Buster. We were finding Pallaschs in Area 21 of 2C4.

http://puu.sh/jFaFy/c60509797e.jpg
"ADg" call, as in A. Beast/Dark Gigush. We actually found 2 Swords from the weapon boxes in 2C4, which is a rank too low actually.

1C2 occurs in Cave 1, which in PSO sense is Area 3. Minimum rank is 0, since we increase every 3 floors, that adds one more rank to Saber and Handguns.
2C2 occurs in the Spaceship Alpha and Beta.. Those are areas 3 and 4. Using PT calculation, we're supposed to raise the ranking of Handguns and Sabers once we get to the Beta portion (the 4th and higher areas of that Challenge).
This doesn't seem consistent. You're originally saying that you increase it in Area 3, but then in Area 4.

Also while not the most reliable of sources (which is why the initial loadouts were incorrect for a few levels), PSO-World has Brands appearing in Caves 2, Busters appearing in Mines 2 and Pallaschs appearing in Ruins 3.

I should have used the word "Floor" instead of Area. A Floor is different than an area.

1C2, Cave 1, occurs in Floor 3 from start to finish, though the area numbers change.

2C2 occurs on Floor 3 for the first 3 areas, then Floor 4 for the last 3 areas.

That's what I meant, but I messed my wording up.

Anyway, if PSOW is accurate, I really don't know how to solve this, unless I just make my own weapon rank table, which it would suck to do. I wanted to use a generic procedure for all of PSO.

PSOW says Rods are supposed to drop in 1c2, but using the PT data as reference, Rods start at -2 and increase every 4 floors, so they shouldn't have any chance to appear at all in 1c2.

Well if VR Temple Alpha would be floor 0 and dagger is Ôö¼┬¢ -1 Ôö¼Ôòù then it would show in VR Temple Beta because 1 would be the first floor where it actually shows up and the next dagger upgrade would be available after 4 floors.

2c3 is knife because jungle is floor 5 (if you calculate vr temple alpha being floor 0) then dagger gets an upgrade after 4 floors (5th one since dagger was found initially on floor 1).
Buster/Lockgun does not drop in early jungle 2C3 because being area 5, it gets only one upgrade at this point, not 2 (The second upgrade would happen at floor 6).
2c2 Spaceship Alpha being floor 2 would not drop the items Autogun/Brand until VR Space Ship Beta based on this calculation.

Your last rod example is -2, 1c2 is caves which is floor 2 and it should appear on this floor because of the -2, then next upgrade after 4 floors.

Don't quote me on this one, this is just how I imagine it working from a logical standpoint. I have never taken a look at this file at all neither have I played cmode long enough to know about these things. I only used the first area as floor 0 because I thought it was easier to understand this way lol Think of it as a modifier from base floor 1 if you use the typical floor numbers.

PSO-W is correct about Brand, Buster, and Pallasch, at least when it comes to Ver.2. F1, F2, and C1 drop Saber. C2, C3, and M1 drop Brand. M2, R1, and R2 drop Buster. R3 drops Pallasch. If GC videos prove that the same thing happens on GC, then there's no other explanation besides that you're parsing the PT incorrectly somehow (which seems to have already been confirmed, as non-Challenge drops have also been reported as incorrect in other threads).

Aleron Ives said:
then there's no other explanation besides that you're parsing the PT incorrectly somehow (which seems to have already been confirmed, as non-Challenge drops have also been reported as incorrect in other threads).

"Threads"? I think you mean one thread. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=192

And that was a while ago, and I know why that was, it was one number off in the code.

Haven't had any complaints about normal game drops since, only Challenge. Thank you, very much.

If you're referring to Units dropping ++/--, that's a separate file, the ItemPMT.

Anyhow, I don't know how else to parse it, it seems straight forward enough. The data doesn't seem correct, though, for the challenge part.

ALRIGHT, I think we got this one now.

If you ever have time to test it out, let me know the results. Thanks!

Sorry for the late testing, only got around to playing CM.

Did another marathon, here's the issues I noted:

- CCA (as in, the starting area of normal play before Jungle etc.) drops a rank too low. It's dropping Autoguns and Brands instead of Lockguns and Busters. I'm not sure how the area is treated in normal play, but in Challenge it drops higher because it's the later area.
- Seabed Upper (Areas 21-23) are still dropping Railgun and Pallasch instead of Lockgun and Buster.

All of Seabed and Tower seemed to be dropping armour that was too high (level 31-32 stuff), but that might be correct, I've never actually paid attention to armour.

Everything else seemed perfectly fine though. Correct items, correct percents, and the non-saber/handgun/cane type weapons were dropping as well with the correct ranks, instead of almost never.

OK I know why CCA changed. I figured it should drop floor 5 stuff since it is floor 5 (not to be mistaken with area), any how, I'll change it back to floor 8 stuff, which is what we thought it should be originally. It will be fixed in a future reset.

Thanks for testing!

Back