[CM] Episode 1 EXP Bug

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
The problem with Episode 1 experience is that we don't really know how to read the monster data from the quest files. We have to guess which monster was defeated based on the amount of HP that was reported that the monster had when it died. The guess can be wrong, depending on how the monster died. (For example, if a debuff was used, a different value is reported.)

We really don't know how to fix this one for now, sorry.

Not even QEdit loads the monster data correctly and Episode 1 Challenge Mode monster data is a bit random to boot.

Ah, well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not extremely noticeable (like the old 2C5 EXP) since it's only a point off most of the time, and you don't level up a lot in Episode 1.

Pretty minor overall.

Actually, I just thought of a new way to figure out the monster data for Episode 1 Challenge. Did some testing and it seems OK! So, will update the other ships at some point in the near future. Experience amounts will be accurate after I update it too.

Auldrant and Lumireis have been updated with the new Challenge code, among actually a lot of under the hood changes re: other stuff too. (Examples: The ships now handle ALL strings as Unicode natively.)

Back