Client updates 3/21/2016

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
With the release of Ephinea client 1.5.1, PSO now saves in the .PNG file format instead of .BMP when saving screenshots. The whole screenshot procedure was actually redone, so broken hires HUD screenshots may work better now.

With the release of Ephinea client 1.5.0, we've made the following changes:

- The client now runs full screen mode as a "borderless window" mode by default.

Having a borderless window full screen mode allows PSO to run full screen while also giving you the ability to ALT+TAB into other programs and things while PSO is running. Previously, running PSO in full screen mode and using ALT+TAB would close the game.

Borderless window full screen mode also allows Windows 10 clients to use the Advanced Effects graphics option full screen for the first time ever. Previously, the game would hang at the ship select when Advanced Effects were on in Windows 10 and running full screen.

If you want to use the old method of setting full screen, there is an option for that in the launcher named "Classic Fullscreen".

- A file named lconfig.ini is generated by online.exe that you can open up and change launcher language prompts and also the slot names of your character slots.

The language prompts are only changed on the "Custom" language setting, but the slot names will be changed on any language setting.

We don't advise using the "Custom" language setting if you didn't use it before as updated server text files and what not will not be sent to your client and can cause other issues. The "Custom" language setting is only there for people who use heavily modified skins or language files and don't want the server to replace them.

Last edited:
pretty cool. now i don't need the "borderless windowed" program to run full screen and be able to tab out.

Hell yeah, the less programs you need to run for a good experience, the better, right?

Updated to 1.5.1 which makes PSO save .PNG instead of .BMP and should fix the problem with hires HUD screenshots.

Thank you very much! Every part of this helps me, as I'm a Windows 10 user and someone that likes to play fullscreen.

Edit: Crashed twice so far using the Estlla Photon Blast, now. Happened before I made changes to my settings and after. Doesn't seem to happen every time, though. Will fiddle with settings and using different PBs in different circumstances and whatnot.

Last edited:
well i cant seem to get the client to update, yes firewall anti virus is good blah blah blah, i dont get a promt for a patch download and when i choose the patch download option it says there is nothing available. i have checked the .patch and its not there. my client when started still displays "Ephinea 1.4.9"

can you just link to an .exe download?

Are you not using online.exe to update? Everything (except online.exe itself) is done through the launcher now.

well i cant seem to get the client to update, yes firewall anti virus is good blah blah blah, i dont get a promt for a patch download and when i choose the patch download option it says there is nothing available. i have checked the .patch and its not there. my client when started still displays "Ephinea 1.4.9"

can you just link to an .exe download?

I am having this same problem. There's no update available.

The same issue as above, I'm re-installing PSO to see if it works.

Since a lot of people are having this issue (client is too old and not getting an update), here's a .zip file with everything you should need:

Yes.

Since a lot of people are having this issue (client is too old and not getting an update), here's a .zip file with everything you should need:

Yes.

Had the same issue. Your ephinea.dll was newer, now I have client version 1.5.1 (1.5.0 before). It wasn't getting updated in the launcher.

Back