Client update 1.6.5

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Some minor changes were made to the client today:

- Doubled the size of red boxes on HUD. (Working on getting the sound to play when music is disabled.)
- There is now hit respite (frames of invulnerability when hit) for One Person Mode in Ultimate mode.
- Main teleporter door in Episode 4's single player mode is now open. (Thanks, Tofuman!)

Also, the server will now properly calculate a section ID for kana names when creating a character. (Thanks for the help, Soly!)

Last edited:
Excellent! No more impossible 1p Olga :p

Regarding the hit respite in Ult 1p, on GCN it was pretty short. Was there a certain method to calculate the number of frames allowed? Did you just use the GCN number? I don't want it to be too easy :D

Also: Do final boss drops occur in 1p mode? :eek:

Thank you so much for adding respite, that was quite a surprise! I really appreciate the attention to Single-Player mode players even though I'm sure we're a small minority.

To Ade: drops should be the same, but there's no quick way to get to Olga in Single Player that I'm aware of. It's still much faster to grab friends and do multiplayer, but as you said, thankfully one player is doable now!

Reactions: Ade
I'll definitely want the one that's intended with 1.6.3.

Would you say the respite is approximately the same as multimode VH? That's probably about what it was on offline GC.

Extra question: Did post-knockdown respite stay the same as multimode Ult?

I didn't adjust knockdown respite, but I can. I only adjusted hit respite.

The values for hit respite in multimode are:

Normal, Hard: 60 frames
Very Hard: 30 frames
Ultimate: 1 frame

The values for hit respite in one person mode are 60 frames across all difficulties.

Last edited:
I believe the knockdown respite is already good. I was just wondering :3

Also, I like the idea of 15 frames. Keeps you on your toes without being unfair.

Last edited:
The best thing about this is it makes higher Defense (and hp) a good thing instead of a liability. That used to drive me bonkers. When people on other servers have to equip what was meant to be joke units that decrease your hp just so they can survive bosses, you know something's wrong.

Now if you can remove the gate blocking people from accessing free roam in episode 4, I think that's the only issue left for SP mode that Sega lazily neglected. I honestly can't think of anything else that needed tweaking.

I would love to be able to run 1p mode in Ep4. The 1p quests in Ep4 just aren't very good. (Either super low enemy counts or having to take annoying NPCs with you.) The free field areas aren't super spammy, and they're still fun.

I fully believe that the "best" quests should be multimode only. (Ie. Rampage D, Lost Master Blaster, or Lost Son Hopkins), but opening up the basic routes to make Ep4 1p a bit more fun wouldn't break anything.

(This is not to diminish my gratitude for what's already been done today, which was AMAZING!)

Ade, you're like my comrade-in-arms, seriously. Agree with everything you said.

By the way, were you able to figure out the rationale behind how you get the extra NPCs to appear in "To the End of the Wilderness"? Sometimes Sue appears after repeating the quest, then later Alicia, but oftentimes they don't. I have a feeling that once it's translated then maybe there are clues? I dunno.

It's not even that big of a deal, but it just bothers me that I can't figure it out, haha.

OK, thanks to Tofuman, the single player episode 4 door is unlocked as of 1.6.4

Be warned, though, SEGA didn't create any single player stats for Saint Million, so Saint Million has it's same stats as multiplayer. With respite, though, you should be fine...

Watching some videos of GC's Ultimate mode offline, it looks like it's 60 frames of respite in Ultimate mode, so 15 may be too low if I'm to keep the respite the same as GC for offline.

Was watching a video here (Fast forward to 2:29):

Downloaded the video and imported it into a video editor to count the frames of damage from Olga's beam sword. Was 60 frames between attacks. (Which would make sense as the table I found in the EXE for Blue Burst had 60 frames for respite across all difficulties for what is probably an unused offline mode table ported from PSOX.)

Will be setting it back to 60 frames across all difficulties for One Person in a few minutes. Also updated previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad
As long as you don't bring PoD into 1p mode, it should be fine :) That quest was way too easy in 1p mode in the other servers

The amaze balls of this server just keeps on keeping on!

Thanks Soda, Tofu, Soly, and all else who continue to contribute to greatness!

Be warned, though, SEGA didn't create any single player stats for Saint Million, so Saint Million has it's same stats as multiplayer. With respite, though, you should be fine...
Interesting. On Scht I recall playing PoD in solo mode and Shambertin (maybe he's different) did less damage, but his rabartas were a higher level, as they had the ice model spreading out. Very confusing.

Back