Client and ship updates 4/9/2016

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
The Easter Event has ended. We hope you enjoyed the event!

We'll be updating the game and ships today. The following changes will be made:

- A sound effect will be played when rare items drop from boxes and enemies.
- The minimap will show rare and event items.
- You will no longer be able to sell untekked or rare equipment to the shop.
- "Help" and "Change Song" will be added to the lobby menu. Help brings up a list of commands, Change Song brings up the Jukebox.
- The "Particle" in lobbies 1-10 will be removed.
- Unitxt_j.prs as well as the scripts for Pioneer 2 will now be pushed to *ALL* clients depending on your ship language setting. (This was necessary to make sure everyone's item names are aligned and menu options appear correctly.)
- The "Custom" language option will be removed from the ship, but will still remain in the launcher.
- Fix an automatic ban condition.
- Fix an idle disconnection bug.

I'll be pushing out the client update ASAP, but the ship update will be later.

I will be updating the ships at these times:

Auldrant 19:00 UTC
Lumireis 20:00 UTC
Fodra 21:00 UTC

Until the ships are updated, the sound effect for rare items will not play. "Help" and "Change Song" will also not work until the ship you're on is updated.

Last edited:
Shit, I was saving up HP/Revivals so I could sell 30 to the shop at once.

Still looking forward to this.

It looks like a lot of work went into this, and these are excellent changes.

Thank you, Soda! We are very grateful for everything you do!

It looks like a lot of work went into this, and these are excellent changes.

Thank you, Soda! We are very grateful for everything you do!
Tofuman got on that minimap dealio and the offset for the item selling. Gotta give him some credit too!! :p

Yay! Thank you! Thank you for saving me from myself :confused:

Will the jukebox in Lobby 13 still work?

Yes.

Lol I'm actually really thankful for that last fix, I've been hit with that more than my fair share.

will rares show up only on minimap or will it include the area map?

Rares show up on both the minimap and the area map, since they draw the exact same stuff (just in different locations).

Just sent out a new version of "1.6.0" DLL, forgot to allow people to exit out of the Lobby Menu. :p Didn't feel like incrementing the version number for that, though. Haha.

Love the new updates dude! Real helpful knowing when a rare drops so you dont have to run in circles double checking haha. Also the idle disconnect thing was a headache glad that got fixed. Keep up the good work.

Thank You for remaining Passionate about us Soda-samaaaaas! Toufu-samas deserves happy squeezies as well!!! <3 <3 <3

Thank you all for the great update!

Hearing a ding and getting a music disk is the new "Photon Drop'd" lol

I've already retrieved one PD that I would have otherwise missed thanks to the ding.

I wonder how many I left there lifetime over the course of 8 Lv. 200 characters.... *shudder

It feels great playing such an old game but with regular updates. Thanks for being so awesome, Sodaboy and Tofuman.

- Unitxt_j.prs as well as the scripts for Pioneer 2 will now be pushed to *ALL* clients depending on your ship language setting. (This was necessary to make sure everyone's item names are aligned and menu options appear correctly.)
- The "Custom" language option will be removed from the ship, but will still remain in the launcher.

I made an ALLCAPS Unitxt but I can't use it. I added the new items so all names are aligned but everytime I start the game it overwrites my version. Is there a way to use a custom Unitxt since this update ?

Is there a way to use a custom Unitxt since this update ?
No and there will probably never be, sorry.

We have to be able to update the Unitxt to add things and won't make people on the custom language setting modify their own files manually whenever we do that.

Back