Claire's Deal 5 Guide

It probably drops Drain just like Forest, which can be tekked down to Draw.

Every Drain Mace I've found in forest turns out to be Drain -> Gush when tekking it.

It can go up or down by 1 when tekking, so keep trying and it'll drop. If it doesn't after a lot of tekks, it means it dropped Gush.

I'd check out it works in the .gsl but somewhat busy right now.

Right...if it goes from Drain to Gush...then the middle option is Fill. I've seen it go from Fill to Drain to Gush to Drain to Fill and so forth....never Draw.

oh I'm forgetting the tiers. I'm bad at this.

So here's how it works:

Every area and difficulty has a "minimum rank" that can be applied to a weapon. This ranges from 0 to 4, meaning no special to tier 4.

Floor 1: 0/2/2/4
Floor 2: 0/2/3/4
Floor 3: 1/2/3/4
Floor 4: 1/3/3/4
Floor 5: 1/2/4/4
Floor 6: 1/3/4/4
Floor 7: 1/3/4/4
Floor 8: 2/3/4/4
Floor 9: 2/3/4/4
Floor 10: 2/3/4/4

Floors starting from Forest 1 / Temple α / Crater East, and the format being Floor: N/H/VH/U

In other words, if looking for tier 1 special, you should be hunting one of the map/difficulty combinations that have rank 1-2 and also drop the weapon you're looking for, otherwise you won't be able to find what you're looking for.

For VH specifically, it's impossible to find Tier 1 in Caves, it has to be found in Forest 1.

Last edited:
I finally figured it out, and it's not Forest either. Geez, this took me two days of going through every level of every difficulty.
The problem with Episode 1 is that by the time you can get Maces in H Mines, special effect tier 2 no longer appears (needed to be tekked down from there). There's similar problems in Episode 4 and most of Episode 2.

The answer, then? *drum roll*

Normal Tower. Tier 2 specials but tier 3 weapons. I'm 99% positive this is the only place where you can tek a Draw Mace.

Sorry for being confused and giving misleading info before!

Tower is equivalent to Seabed Lower, yes.

Looking at the .gsl, it is possible to get Draw Maces in Forest 1 VH, by the way.

EDIT: Actually, you can find Draw Maces in these maps:

Normal Seabed Upper / Lower / Tower / (Desert 3 / Meteor Impact Site) <- Maybe
VH Forest 1 / Temple α

Last edited:
I will quadruple check VH Forest then, out of curiosity! But I was only finding tier 3 specials there yesterday.

I was able to tek a Heat Mace today from N Tower though.
I'll double check N Lower Seabed for completion's sake. All this crap is going into my spreadsheet. :p

Lower is equivalent to Tower so you don't need to check it, Upper has different drops though.

If Episode 4 is starting from Floor 3, Desert 3 and Meteor Impact Site may be equivalent but it may be pulling from Episode 1's .gsl data (since the Episode 4 .gsl was never released).

Thanks for all your help Matt!

I've been trying to get a tekkable weapon to drop on Forest 1 for like, an hour, haha.
Seriously, this game. Sometimes I wish there was a first person shooter version where I could fuck everything up Doom-style.

Edit @Matt : The floors in CCA are a bit confusing, do I have this correct?
Floor 5: Jungle North
Floor 6: Jungle East
Floor 7: Mountain
Floor 8: Beach and CCA proper

Last edited:
Back