Character-transferring ancient .DAT files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xira

Just before the Sega BB USA servers went down, a former Schtserv GM supplied me w/ a Schthack-coded proxy tool (circa 2007) to obtain my Sega character data files. It produced the 3 characters in the form of 3 .DAT files, rather than the .BBC format now produced by the Ephinea Character Downloader. I suspect this is why Ephinea's importer is giving me a "Invalid" message when I attempt to import. Can anything be done or am I out of luck? :)

The extension has nothing to do with the content of the file, actually. I export my characters to .bin, which are the same as your .dat ... and as the "debug saves" that the ship server does in .bbc

The issue you have is that Soda's tool encrypts the character data downloaded (so you can't mess with it), and the website won't allow original (as not encrypted) character data files.

Will account transfer be available again in the future, i really would like my old lvl 200 on this server the people are more friendly here.

Regards Neal

There's no promises for character transfer in the future, it may come back.

I will note that character transfer does not transfer things 1:1, you lose half your levels and no items are transferred (although you are given some upgraded equipment and a mag depending on your level), since all other servers are a lot easier than Ephinea so it would not be fair to allow direct transfers.

This is a hell of a necro so I'm gonna lock it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back