Character Tier List?

Not gonna list them all in order but IMO RAmar and RAcast are the best classes. Rangers in general are just really good in most situations!

RAmar and HUcast are better at solo than RAmarl and HUnewearl because their ATP is high enough that Zalure is non-essential.

When mobbing, casting Zalure on everything is simply a "waste of time", and S-Ranks have level 21 Zalure meaning that on the stuff that really needs Zalure, you can still use it (i.e. Tower enemies, bosses).

Also traps on HUcast beat Zalure by so much. I'd argue HUcast is better than RAmar/l for soloing too, but that really depends if the quest favours HU or RA.

Edit: Just realised that Melirei already said this, didn't read properly. ・。・

Last edited:
With a full balanced party most quests are easy mode, some aren't though... like Raid on Central Tower. Things also gets hard solo, especially with multiple deldepths no traps or multiple ill gills, or multiple Meris. At least I find them pretty hard.

With a full balanced party most quests are easy mode, some aren't though... like Raid on Central Tower. Things also gets hard solo, especially with multiple deldepths no traps or multiple ill gills, or multiple Meris. At least I find them pretty hard.

Exactly, some classes shine in situations outside of the usual "HUcast or death", "RAmar solo or gtfo" big numbers argument.

For the vast majority of content it doest matter what you roll, but you may have to change your approach.

The point of mentioning a best is to mention what will be the easiest to clear quests, or the fastest, not if something can actually clear something.

Everything can clear everything (apart from some solo exceptions), but that doesn't mean some classes aren't better than others. Admitting that doesn't make people elitist nor will they start suddenly judging people on their class choice.

Fucking HUmars.

The point of mentioning a best is to mention what will be the easiest to clear quests, or the fastest, not if something can actually clear something.

Most people's usually don't think outside the box and go for a very generalised "this hits harder so is better in 100% of situations", or 1000 is more than 900 and so is better" - but this isn't always true.

I find soloing loads of things on my RAcaseal "better" and faster than doing it on what has been described as the "better" class multiple times in this thread, even in instances when the "smart money" would be using a FO or HU.

Bigger numbers don't always mean better. This game is played outside of the character sheet and there are plenty of other variables that come into play. If you have a decent range of weapons you can develop nice strats and that's when some classes become surprisingly versatile.

It's just a heads up if anyone is reading this for advice on what to roll - before someone else interprets this response as "HUast sucks" and rageposts.

Perhaps I just have the benefit of not being embedded in this pretty close community for the past 17 years and welcome different approaches. Offer your opinions on what's the best, I'm not disputing it - I'm just offering a counterpoint to the bignumberz bandwagon.

:3

Last edited:
Most people's usually don't think outside the box and go for a very generalised "this hits harder so is better in 100% of situations", or 1000 is more than 900 and so is better" - This isn't not true at all.

I find soloing loads of things on my RAcaseal "better" and faster than doing it on what has been described as the "better" class multiple times in this thread, even in instances when the "smart money" would be using a FO or HU.

Bigger numbers don't always mean better. This game is played outside of the character sheet and there are plenty of other variables that come into play. If you have a decent range of weapons you can develop nice strats and that's when some classes become surprisingly versatile.

It's just a heads up if anyone is reading this for advice on what to roll - before someone else interprets this response as "HUast sucks" and rageposts.

Perhaps I just have the benefit of not being embedded in this pretty close community for the past 17 years and welcome different approaches. Offer your opinions on what's the best, I'm not disputing it - I'm just offering a counterpoint to the bignumberz bandwagon.

:3

i agree with this man! i enjoy playing with my racaseal too and i believe it is the best class for me. :)

FOnewearl is the best FOrce
Second is a tie between FOmarl and FOnewm
Last has to be FOmar

Last edited:
Some people considers HUcast to be the best solo hunter because they have access to S-Red's Blade. While its special is only level 3 Shifta and lasts 50 seconds, it gives +12.6% ATP which buffs HUcast ATP to 1845, while HUnewearl ATP with Shifta 20 is 1666. With Zalure 20 HUnewearl will do slightly more damage, but HUcast have traps. Some find casting Zalure for every spawn a hassle even. For the really high DFP enemies, HUcasts can use Zalure S-rank Gun. It can also be argued for HUmar: 1760 ATP with S-Red's and can use Zalure 15.

There's also the PB build strategy, which is using multiple PB/Increase and God Shield "Kouryu" to keep Twins up infinitely. The idea is once you get your first Twins buff, you can deal enough damage to get another 100 PB when the previous Twins runs off. HUmar kind of does this easily, as he can get hit and Resta himself for the first Twins.

Then there's Zalure S-ranks for all Hunters and Rangers. Rangers especially so since they can use Gun/Rifle, Needles and Shots, and this is I think what fully realizes RAmar's solo potential. RAmarl's Zalure has the benefit of hitting 12? 14? targets over the 5 of Zalure Shot, which can be an advantage depending on the quest.

One last thing that can boost any characters solo ability: spheres. Sphered weapons is on another level compared to low % weapons. RAcaseal can solo pretty well with sphered Baranz Launcher, Heaven Striker and the like, along with Zalure S-ranks for some waves.

You're better off attacking enemies than making up that small boost from Sreds that you have to keep up all the time. I can see HUcast being better in that case with using a lot PB increases. But again for time sake you're better just attacking the monster, ya?

That's worth the tiny waste of time as it allows HUcast to combo kill ennemies that would require more than a combo without the boost.

You're better off attacking enemies than making up that small boost from Sreds that you have to keep up all the time. I can see HUcast being better in that case with using a lot PB increases. But again for time sake you're better just attacking the monster, ya?
Personally I have never tried it (haven't rolled a HUmar/HUcast/HUcaseal yet), but shifta 50 seconds can probably last 2 or more waves, not bad compared to HUnewearl who has to Zalure each spawns to match up. I think a lot of experienced players use them and has proven them to be useful. Since I don't have experience in it, take my words with a grain of salt.

@Melirei I agree, they probably even out unless youre on top of timers and what not. HUcast does have the highest potential. Figure each has ups and downs. If you have god gear then HUcast, ok gear inf resta helps when you get hit a lot.

Humar and Hunewearl can use demons, sure they can't put on a bringer's but don't underestimate demon's.

They still have holy ray for 220 range sniping.

Back