Character Reset to lvl1

Kúl

Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Hey just wanted to let the community be aware of the possibility of a character being reset to null after a server disconnect during the dressing room phase.

On a side note, what are the chances of getting a lvl200 restored with items?

Huh... that's strange

Oh geeze how long would your item list be? Next thing you know they'd be sending 99x items to your bank.

That might be a pain in the ass.

Sounds like it sends default char data back while in dressing room if you're d/c, the fact that it overwrites it is worrying. :S

wow rip...

Message me on disc brah.

Last edited:
Luckily I keep valuables on my shared bank. I guess that's the perks of being HC. On a side note, I'm only missing important inventory items (approx 10 items). I hope that won't be too much of an inconvenience.

I would be more than happy to send you a pm as soon as I get home from work.

@Spuz I'll hit you up in a couple hours. We need to get some games in!

Welp this is frightening.

Hopefully @Matt has access to do a restore. I know Sodaboy has had to restore people before (corrupting their data by joining the test ship when it was publicly available)

Snapshots are saved of the server every ??? [time frame] (I forget, it's very frequent though, hourly?), so if you can give us a time frame of when character was lost, we can restore it for you.

0700 est this morning. I don't think any character changes were made within 5 or so hours previous to that. Character slot 1 if that's needed as well.

Thank you so much for the quick response Matt!

Last edited:
Snapshots are saved of the server every ??? [time frame] (I forget, it's very frequent though, hourly?), so if you can give us a time frame of when character was lost, we can restore it for you.

I know this is obvious, but... If Spuz gave him items don't accidentally delete/overwrite them =p

Nope the character in that slot is a fresh lvl1 with four monomates and monofluids. It's a shame to see them go to waste, but they will not be missed.

Last edited:
A bit more developer related but I guess I should reply here...

I dont know how Sodaboy did it but I know in the old teth there is no flag for "character re-creation", I'm now also using "character re-creation" flag because:
1. The client sends flags for both (re-creation and modification)
2. If for any reason the client sends the character creation/modification packet and the dress flag is not set, the character will be reset, however if there is also a re-creation flag (not set), nothing will happen.

Both flags, re-creation and modification are set in the same way (values of 1 and 2 respectively) and the packet for re-creation and modification is the same, that's why I think a re-creation flag should be used to avoid any possible errors.

But as I said, I don't know how Sodaboy did it in his new server.

Teth now detects the dressing room correctly and has done for a while which is why we've not had this occur in some time.

I'm just checking your account. There are 2 slots used none of which are RAmarl Whitill. There's a FOnewmearl Pinkal lv1 and a FOmar Greenill lv14. If it were a dressing room bug you would usually keep your Section ID and Class. This appears to have changed. which leads me to believe recreate was selected. Could you confirm why these slots are the way they are?

Thanks.

Instead of shitposting Miz read the thread, try to give them a timeframe of when this happened otherwise you're not helping them or especially yourself.

Instead of shitposting Miz read the thread, try to give them a timeframe of when this happened otherwise you're not helping them or especially yourself.
I already made a thread in Technical Support about it earlier when the incident happened for myself. I also have exact timeframes when it happened on hand if I go dig them up. But hey, claim shitposting right off the bat.

He did not get his restored.

Back