Character height and trap-shooting.

Ade

;3
I can't find a definitive answer online anywhere. Now that Full Dressing Room is unlocked, I want to make sure my characters are the ideal height to detonate traps. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

The only thing I know for a fact is that if you make them as short as possible, it becomes incredibly difficult. The only thing you really need is to make sure the trap is within aim even at it's highest floating point.

Ah, I'm good then. I was not wanting to change any of my characters so this is good. I had another experienced player in game confirm what you said, too.

Proportions

Even at minimum height, character height can further depend on width. Wide HUcl, RAct or FOmr will be smaller than slim ones for example, while RAml becomes taller when wide. All the other characters maintain the same height regardless of proportion. Smaller characters can trap-shoot (from spot) but this may be more difficult from Action Menu as a beginner because of increased vertical distance to the trap. Using the trap from either the Trap Window or Action Menu and pressing as fast as possible will still work, no problem.

Character proportions may affect glitching distance toward the target. Small characters can have trouble with angling guns correctly for optimization. Tall, large characters will always have difficulty compared to medium sized, but fare far better than the army of midgets that plague the population. The longer the character's arms the farther the weapons stick out - so that much less distance. RAmars and FOmars for instance have the ability to have some of the shortest arms in the game while still maintaining adequate height. Characters like HUcast, RAcast, and RAmar can have broad shoulders, offering Mechguns a slightly larger gap over both other males and all females.

Okay, why would tall, large characters have more difficulty aiming than medium sized? If this can be proven I will resize my characters. I get all the trap-shooting height related stuff and distance to enemies, but not this.

Basically, if you don't want trap-shooting to be hard, don't be too short.

If you want the best aiming, don't be too tall or too short. (Need a reason for this because it makes no sense to me; I guess I could just test it.)

Thus, medium height seems best for both HUcast and RAcast.

Also, characters should have maximum broad shoulders to increase arm length and thus decrease distance to the enemy.

Did I miss something here?

I think by tall, large characters they are referring to the radius at which the character is aiming. I'd imagine larger characters have an ever so slightly larger cone for aiming, meaning less precision. If you have two enemies in front of you, and want to aim for a specific one, I'd imagine a medium character would have frame advantage over one too small or too large.

Of course, being the skeptic I am, I don't know if that claim has any validity without seeing an actual methodology for testing. I also don't think it really matters in practice. I suppose if you're regularly trying to set world TA records this would matter, but I don't see it being realistically applicable beyond something like that.

I think choice of input would play a much more realistic role here. Pivots on keyboard and pivots on an analog stick are entirely different, and both have situational advantages.

Okay, why would tall, large characters have more difficulty aiming than medium sized? If this can be proven I will resize my characters. I get all the trap-shooting height related stuff and distance to enemies, but not this.

Basically, if you don't want trap-shooting to be hard, don't be too short.

If you want the best aiming, don't be too tall or too short. (Need a reason for this because it makes no sense to me; I guess I could just test it.)

Thus, medium height seems best for both HUcast and RAcast.

Also, characters should have maximum broad shoulders to increase arm length and thus decrease distance to the enemy.

Did I miss something here?
From what I understand, you want to decrease arm length, because it allows you to glitch easier. Longer distance = easier glitch. This is assuming weapon range is calculated from where you are, and not where your guns are (point of firing).

As for gun angling, I'm not exactly sure what he meant, I'll ask him about it. Height can for sure mess with targeting certain enemies up close though, due to vertical angle restrictions on weapons.

From what I understand, you want to decrease arm length, because it allows you to glitch easier. Longer distance = easier glitch. This is assuming weapon range is calculated from where you are, and not where your guns are (point of firing).

As for gun angling, I'm not exactly sure what he meant, I'll ask him about it. Height can for sure mess with targeting certain enemies up close though, due to vertical angle restrictions on weapons.

Decreasing arm length allows you to glitch WHAT easier? I still don't understand.

I get the height restriction thing now.

Here's the thing: both my HUcast and RAcast are max height or very close. If I decrease height to "medium" for an increase in vertical tolerance, will trap shooting become ANY harder at all, or will it stay the same? (Is there a threshold where it doesn't matter until a certain point?)

Glitch projectiles, you know the "SNS glitch" as it's incorrectly called. Works with basically every ranged weapon, and even some melee weapons.

Here are some extra information for people who did not know about weapon glitching. Most people here are well aware of slicer SNS glitch. But slicer is not the only thing glitchable; mechguns, handguns, rifles, S-Rank Cards are all glitchable, to name a few. In fact, all projectiles can potentially be glitched, as long as the weapon animation allows it.

For people who didn't know about this, you can try this: on your Hell Raygun, at maximum handgun range, press SN or NSN as fast as possible. you should notice the S is hitting the enemy with roughly 100% accuracy..

Decreasing arm length allows you to glitch WHAT easier? I still don't understand.

I get the height restriction thing now.

Here's the thing: both my HUcast and RAcast are max height or very close. If I decrease height to "medium" for an increase in vertical tolerance, will trap shooting become ANY harder at all, or will it stay the same? (Is there a threshold where it doesn't matter until a certain point?)

The decreased arm length allows you to glitch easier/better since the bullets takes longer to travel to the enemy. Very slightly, but it could possibly make a difference.

As for trap shooting height, as long as you're not min or close to min height, trap shooting shouldn't be a problem. It is only noticeably harder to trap-shoot when you're too short.

The theory behind it I think is that the trap bobs up and down, when the trap is far enough from your character's head (actually from the point PSO uses as your aiming's starting point) it stops being targettable, and this happens more quickly when your character is short. So as long as you can reliably trap-shoot with the current height, it shouldn't be a problem.

?? What Melee weapons would those be?
You can glitch the second attack of Doublesabers and Daggers. Using Girasole for example, stay as far away from the enemy as possible while still having the target, press HN as fast as it allows. The first hit of H will miss, but the second hit of H will hit.

Last edited:
ty, so this for sure made Empress a lot more broken on Schthack lol.

Back