Changes to server.

MrBlack

When I first came to this server, it was because that Schthack was pretty much destroyed, I have no idea what the status of their server is now and I don't care. I came to this server because you claimed that you wanted a vanilla PSO server and that is exactly what I wanted too. Recently, you have been making a lot of changes to the server, like how the drop rates work, bonus exp and so forth. I was a bit upset at first but then it seemed like you made all these changes optional to the server. I just got on today and now I am forced to play with higher rare drop rates... Which used to be optional. I like this server, but I like VANILLA PSO much MUCH better. I really hope that you continue to have people like me in mind when you are making changes and make them all optional because I don't want to play on some bullshit, easy mode server. If I wanted that I would have joined one of the few that already exist. I have a pretty good amount of hours on your server now and I am wanting to go all the way to 200 with my FOmar but if you are going to keep deviating from what the game actually is and forcing players to have higher rates that they don't want then I will leave now. Please tell me your intentions so I can decide to stay and have fun in your server or leave before I waste anymore of my time.
Thank you.

Lol. Really? I understand the luck bonus of 0-3% in single and 0-5% multi, forgetting to make it optional, was an oversight of removing the DDR option... But, Jesus Fuck, guess people will always have to find something to complain about. Didn't even message me to ask me if that was intentional or whatever... Or if I'll correct it in the future or anything...

Why even bring up bonus experience? There is nothing on the server that has bonus exp with the exception of the current Halloween Event. There was bonus experience before but that was also an event. Even SEGA gave out bonus experience during events.

Good thing the bonuses weren't something absurd like 200% for luck, lol. You would have had a fucking aneurysm.

I may have overreacted man. But I really just don't want something that I've placed a lot of hours in to turn south for me. I understand that you are running a server and want to make changes to bring more people. I was really happy when you made all the changes optional and I guess I thought you were removing it. I mean I'm not mad I am just concerned. I honestly didn't know I could message you personally :p I am not really used to an admin who actually cares and will listen. Look, I know I probably am a little anal about the whole vanilla PSO thing, but it's my favorite game of all time and I just want to be able to play it. I am sorry if I was disrespectful, As i have said in the past I really appreciate what you've done by making this server and in the future I will message you. Honestly didn't know it was an option! Also I just came from a game called Evolve where no one gave a flying fuck what you had to say and pretty much reamed the entire community with every patch so I am probably bringing over some bad posting habits. My bad man :(

I am not trying to find things to complain about, I was ignorant to the situation and kinda got upset :p myyyyyyyy B. Remove this thread if you like and thank you for reading btw. Even though it was a little ranty I am sure you can understand why I would have concern when dealing with a game that you put many MANY hours into.

As an add, if you want to contact someone, just hit the left symbol here:

c432c19c5a.png

Not used to forums, are we? :p

It's all good. I will add an option soon to disable the luck bonus for people who don't want to use it. I am not going to put it on the create game, menu, though as I think there would be like .1 to 1% of people who would want to turn luck off... It will most likely be a command that saves the preference on your character.

Matt said:
As an add, if you want to contact someone, just hit the left symbol here:

c432c19c5a.png

Not used to forums, are we? :p

Hey!! Well thank you very much! Didn't know that was a thing! I might know a lot about PSO but I guess I dont know shit about PSO forums. ;) Thanks!

Sodaboy said:
It's all good. I will add an option soon to disable the luck bonus for people who don't want to use it. I am not going to put it on the create game, menu, though as I think there would be like .1 to 1% of people who would want to turn luck off... It will most likely be a command that saves the preference on your character.

That sounds perfect. Thank you so much and again sorry for any headaches I may have caused. :p Where will the command be announced/ where can I figure out when to do it when you implement this?

The Player Command thread, the patch server (as is usual for new commands), and will be listed in /help.

Æsop. (Sixth century B.C.) Fables.
The Harvard Classics. 1909–14.

The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey

A MAN and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?” 1

So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.” 2

So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn’t gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.” 3

Well, the Man didn’t know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passers-by began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yours—you and your hulking son?” 4

The Man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together he was drowned. 5

“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them:
“PLEASE ALL, AND YOU WILL PLEASE NONE.”

http://www.bartleby.com/17/1/62.html source of story

You cannot please everyone. So, you might as well make yourself happy and find a reasonable middle ground.

Back