Challenge Mode

raggamuffin

Guildcard
In all my years on PSO i've never once tried Challenge mode. I did play it a few months back on PSO2 and wondered if it's a similar principle?

PSO2 was characters starting at level 1 and working their way through timed levels. The further you get the better the chance of exchanging challenge miles for items.

I know on PSO you get special S Ranks from Challenge mode, but I was wondering if someone could give me a brief overview of how it works?

Ed

There's actually a Challenge (& Battle) Mode subforum so I've moved your thread there.

The principle is similar in PSO as well, that being you start from a predetermined level with predetermined equipment, and you have to make it to the end using only what you start with and what you find, without dying without a scape doll.

Unlike PSO2 you don't always start from level 1, and you actually start with some equipment as well, which varies on stage.

There's 14 stages in all, 9 in Episode 1 and 5 in Episode 2. You have to play them in order in each Episode, and clearing all stages of an Episode under a specific time earns you one of the S-Rank weapons, which depends on Episode.

It's a lot harder than Normal Mode as it requires that you understand how things work so that you can dish damage while also avoiding damage at the same time, and since you don't have the tools to stunlock and whatnot (think: Spread Needle, Ra- techs), you have to actually try to not get killed.

Most multihit weps such as swords, shots, mechs etc special attacks are not as ~accurate as single shot weps like saber, handguns etc. Multihit sranks do not get reduced

How do you mean sorry? Does the special attack have a higher success rate?

Ed

Well, the special is unreduced which means like s-rank demons mech, 75% of the HP will get deducted. If it was a demons vulcan it would have been a reduced which means only like 25% HP reduction (random number). Items like hell needle/zerk needle are awesome as well.

Back