Can't find my original character

Hello,

Over the weekend I was away and downloaded PSO Ephinea on my tablet. Everything worked great! I managed to get a few quests done etc.

So when I got home I downloaded to my desktop, logged in but my character was missing. I tried both switching slots in the launcher as well as using cbank ingame both with no luck (by creating a new test character)

Am I missing something really obvious?? I downloaded my data using Ephinea's tool and I have 2 characters, one in slot 0 (my first I imagine?) and one in slot 28 (probably the new test character?).

Just for extra info I still see my test char regardless of which slot I pick. Also I have tried reinstalling to different locations on my PC which hasn't worked either.

I can still see my original char on my tablet and cbank does change the slots on my tablet, so it must be a PC issue but I wouldn't know where to start!

Please help!!

The way the character banks work is that the value of CHARACTER_BANK (located in HKEY_Users\[Your User]\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea) is a value from 1-8, so the client knows which page to load.

For some reason, your PC is unable to change the registry value and it's stuck on 8 for some unknown reason. Chances are there's some permissions issue in the registry, although I'm not too versed on permission issues as I've never used a PC that doesn't have full permissions over everything.

One user was able to fix this by updating all their drivers, and I'd assume that running as admin would fix it for some people, but the truth is I have no idea what would stop the registry updating myself.

The way the character banks work is that the value of CHARACTER_BANK (located in HKEY_Users\[Your User]\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea) is a value from 1-8, so the client knows which page to load.

For some reason, your PC is unable to change the registry value and it's stuck on 8 for some unknown reason. Chances are there's some permissions issue in the registry, although I'm not too versed on permission issues as I've never used a PC that doesn't have full permissions over everything.

One user was able to fix this by updating all their drivers, and I'd assume that running as admin would fix it for some people, but the truth is I have no idea what would stop the registry updating myself.

Thanks so much for your swift response! I will look into it and let you know if I manage to find a fix/am still stuck at the end of it.

I guess it's not a real issue for the time being as I do have access to those 4 slots but in the long term it may cause problems.

Do you know of any way I could switch the slots in which the characters are stored?

Thanks again for your reply!

The launcher's upper right hand corner has a function that allows you to change the character slots if thats what you mean. The default should be 1-4.

Hey your problem interested me enough to drag me over from reddit.

Within the registry if you navigate to the location provided by Matt if you right click on it you will see permissions value.

Do you have admin rights? See if your user account has read/write permissions to this location.

Travel with care my friend you are definitely in eff over my PC and possibly need to reinstall windows land.

Try running the game as admin also to see if this resolves the issue and gives you rights to change registry locations.

Oh search "regedit.exe" in windows explorer to start digging.

Hey your problem interested me enough to drag me over from reddit.

Within the registry if you navigate to the location provided by Matt if you right click on it you will see permissions value.

Do you have admin rights? See if your user account has read/write permissions to this location.

Travel with care my friend you are definitely in eff over my PC and possibly need to reinstall windows land.

Try running the game as admin also to see if this resolves the issue and gives you rights to change registry locations.

Oh search "regedit.exe" in windows explorer to start digging.

Hello,

I've tried absolutely everything in my power to get this to work and I just can't :/

I've tried changing permissions for the Ephinea registry folder, all the way back to SonicTeam in an attempt to fix the issue. I've tried changing ownership of the registries, still nothing. Ran sfc /scannow, again nothing.

I've had this setup from Windows 7, upgraded to 8, upgraded to 10 and something must have gone wrong along the way as I have had problems installing other programs too (sandboxie and airdroid) which I assume are again failures in the registry.

I'm backing my stuff up now and time for a spring clean I think!

Thanks for all the help :)

Sorry we couldn't get you a working solution Purple.

I feel though haha that is a very dirty path of windows upgrades and the reformat will be good for your system over all.

See you in game!

Checking in one final time (post re-install!)

The game works flawlessy now, I'm looking forward to actually playing it!

Also as a side note both Sandboxie and Airdroid have installed and ran successfully now too.

Lesson of the day: DON'T MESS WITH YOUR REGISTRY! Even whilst I'm 99% sure my issue was down to wonky Windows updates, a few years back when I was slightly less tech savvy I used to use CCleaner to 'clean' my registry. :mad:

Oops!

Back