Can I set the game to not kick me back to the lobby after every quest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme

When I start playing with friends I rather not have to re-organize the party each and every quest. It can get tiring really fast. Can we change this setting in-game? Is it something development might consider adding?

Also, idk if this was specific to the server I played on awhile back, but I think i remember being able to get the area map over the game. WHat I mean is I could be looking at the area map while moving through it and even fight or whatever while looking at it. Most importantly I remember being able to press a button to bring it up without having to go through the menu. i'm hoping I can somehow map that to my gamepad, so if anyone knows how I can do that please tell me, thanks! :)

You cannot have the game not kick you out to the lobby after a quest, it has to do with how PSO handles quest loading and such. You just have to deal with it.

Don't think we'll be hacking the client around to have a special area map button either.

Okay I guess those must have been things that were changed on the server I used to play on. I thought I was missing something by not being able to figure out how to do that.

If you want to make it easier to regroup after you finish a quest, start out in a lobby other than Lobby 1, so that everybody will return to an empty lobby when the quest is over. Then you don't have to worry about finding everyone again before you start another quest.

The problem is PSO keeps the whole episode data in memory so you'd need to send some sort of fake quest/hack the client to reset the room so that enemies/objects would spawn again with all the proper floors set.

Not impossible although not vanilla pso. On another note, I don't think any of these features are on other servers, you must be thinking about some other game.

Mylandra said:
The problem is PSO keeps the whole episode data in memory so you'd need to send some sort of fake quest/hack the client to reset the room so that enemies/objects would spawn again with all the proper floors set.

Not impossible although not vanilla pso. On another note, I don't think any of these features are on other servers, you must be thinking about some other game.

If you're correct about that I think I probably just don't remember it being like that. Of course I could be confusing it with another game or other games. I'll have to ask a friend of mine if they can remember, if they say I'm wrong then I'll be 100% sure I was simply mistaken.

You wouldn't get kicked out to the lobby after clearing a quest if you were playing offline mode or in splitscreen multiplayer in any of the prior versions of PSO. I'm not actually sure how that worked out to be honest.

It has to do with the structure of the game. When you make a team, the server decides which map variations you will get and tells your client which ones to load for freeplay. After you finish bursting, another player can join the team, and the leader (you) will send the join packet to tell the new player which enemies/boxes are dead, which doors are open, and which items are lying on the ground on each floor.

In order to not go to the lobby when you exit a quest, the leader would have to exit the old team first so as to create a new team and get told by the server which random maps to use again, and then the second player could exit the quest to join the new team. The fact that players can exit a quest in any order and without having to wait for each other means that forming a new team immediately after dissolving an old one is impossible. Leaving a team happens in any order and without delays. Joining a team happens in a specific order and with delays for bursting.

The reason you go straight to the Hunter's Guild after you complete a quest in offline mode is that you don't have to worry about other clients, so when you exit a quest, the game immediately creates a new "team" offline by picking a new set of maps to load into the freeplay game. (This is why, for instance, you can clear Forest, then load and cancel a quest to get a new Forest map and repopulate it with enemies offline.) You can't do that online, so you go back to the lobby, instead. It's never going to change, and it can't be "fixed", because it isn't broken. That's just how PSO's network structure was designed.

Aleron Ives said:
It has to do with the structure of the game. When you make a team, the server decides which map variations you will get and tells your client which ones to load for freeplay. After you finish bursting, another player can join the team, and the leader (you) will send the join packet to tell the new player which enemies/boxes are dead, which doors are open, and which items are lying on the ground on each floor.

In order to not go to the lobby when you exit a quest, the leader would have to exit the old team first so as to create a new team and get told by the server which random maps to use again, and then the second player could exit the quest to join the new team. The fact that players can exit a quest in any order and without having to wait for each other means that forming a new team immediately after dissolving an old one is impossible. Leaving a team happens in any order and without delays. Joining a team happens in a specific order and with delays for bursting.

The reason you go straight to the Hunter's Guild after you complete a quest in offline mode is that you don't have to worry about other clients, so when you exit a quest, the game immediately creates a new "team" offline by picking a new set of maps to load into the freeplay game. (This is why, for instance, you can clear Forest, then load and cancel a quest to get a new Forest map and repopulate it with enemies offline.) You can't do that online, so you go back to the lobby, instead. It's never going to change, and it can't be "fixed", because it isn't broken. That's just how PSO's network structure was designed.

I can understand that for the most part, but some questions.

Would it be possible to similate an offline mode? I mean not actually offline because that's not how this works, but simulate offline mode for one player mode? I mean in one player mode at least you're not going to expect to be joined by others or have to deal with sending the packets of information to others. Idk how to code though so I'm not sure if this would be difficult to implement or straight impossible, but I'm curious to know just because.

You can either start a game in "One Person Mode" or download the software and host a server yourself on your machine to connect to. If you want to do that, go look at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Sorry I didn't mean to offend. In One Person Mode I'm still kicked after a quest. Is that still normal in one person mode?

OK, it's obvious that you're new to PSO, but I think this topic doesn't need any more discussion.

Q. Can I set the game to not kick me back to the lobby after every quest?
A. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back