Can I play this offline?

PhotonSky

Sorry not sure where to ask this, but will I be able to play this offline at my leisure? Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE to get back into a community of P.S.O. but I doubt I will always have internet with me.

I plan to play this on laptop, and I prefer to do so on long bus rides.

Also, is it rude to create more than one account? Because I would love to have a sandbox account to screw around with.

You'd have to run a LAN server on your laptop, which means you'd never be able to use your characters online with other people, unless they connected to your server. If you want to be able to play with the same characters offline and online using your laptop, you'd have to use PSO PC or PSO GC via Dolphin.

For Ephinea specifically, you cannot play it offline as Blue Burst is an online only game (mostly so people couldn't just hack their characters offline and things were fair, not that it worked).

For Ephinea specifically, you cannot play it offline as Blue Burst is an online only game (mostly so people couldn't just hack their characters offline and things were fair, not that it worked).

Would the lan solution that Alreon suggested work to play offline only? I just want to be able to sandbox by myself for nostalgias sake before coming back into the community on desktop.

A much easier solution would be to create a sandbox account here, then select a server or block that isn't populated, such as Fodra 2 or all of Alundrant. Password it and you can blast Boomas in peace without anyone else knowing you're here. I've seen small groups or individuals that want to stay private do this and I've heard no complaints.

Using a LAN server is technically not offline, but it doesn't require Internet access, either. You can do whatever you want on your own server, provided you use server software with the commands needed to do what you want. You'll have to look at the available commands in Tethealla and/or Kohle's newserv to see if they'll meet your needs.

Using a LAN server is technically not offline, but it doesn't require Internet access, either. You can do whatever you want on your own server, provided you use server software with the commands needed to do what you want. You'll have to look at the available commands in Tethealla and/or Kohle's newserv to see if they'll meet your needs.
Thats exactly what I needed thank you. I just want to be able to play this at my leisure without internet connection issues. But of course once I get some free time outside of work breaks, I'll gladly join the rest of you guys.

You won't be able to play on Ephinea with a character, take it offline and then rejoin Ephinea with that same character. Any offline progress would be on a separate local server, and have no relation to Ephinea.

You won't be able to play on Ephinea with a character, take it offline and then rejoin Ephinea with that same character. Any offline progress would be on a separate local server, and have no relation to Ephinea.
Good! That's exactly what I want! :D

Now the question is can anyone here help me set up a lan server? Or should I make that a different thread?

Back