Bliz's Rainbow Equipment Emporium

Bliz

Guildcard
You there! Do you love rainbows?! I love rainbows! Here at Bliz's Rainbow Equipment Emporium we're here to help you achieve your rainbow dreams and fill your rainbow needs! Is that new weapon of yours just not cool enough? Rainbow! Do you dislike the color of your shield? Rainbow! Do you just like rainbows? Rainbow! Come on down and start your rainbow journey through Ragol today!

[Disclaimer: I am by no means an artist and can't make top-quality stuff, I am just a rainbow-lover using a few tricks to make PSO a bit more rainbow of a place. I'm making these for personal use and thought I'd share in case anyone else likes them, too! If there's an item that you'd like rainbow, feel free to make a request and I might make it for you and add it to the list. Special thanks to Soly for helping me learn how to make and use PSO-compatible textures!]

For Items:
1. Download the .dds file below that you want to use.
2. Download Texture Manager
[Note: Texture Manager is sometimes, by default, in French. To switch to English, open Texture Manager, select the 4th tab on top, and click US.]
3. Use Texture Manager to open ItemTextureEp4.afs , located in the /data folder of your PSO installation.
4. Select File # matching the item you want to replace (refer to the texture numbers on this list).
5. A list of textures will be displayed on the left (usually just one texture, 'Texture 0', but sometimes more).
6. Select the texture you want to replace (the correct one per skin is noted below along with the .dds link), click the Texture tab on top, click Import, click DDS..., and select the .dds file you downloaded.
7. Click the File tab on top, and click Save.

For Other Stuff:
1. Download the file below that you want to use.
2. Drop it in the /data folder of your PSO installation and let it overwrite.

In Progress:
Rainbow Red Slime
Rainbow Rambling May

Complete:
Rainbow Red Ring
[replace Texture 0]
GiFA9Vm.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29071369/RainbowExcaliburFinal.dds
Rainbow Excalibur
[replace Texture 0]
cPN18FN.png

Rainbow Spread Needle
[replace Texture 1]
[Note: Also replaces S-RANK NEEDLE]
haIZiat.png

Rainbow Spread Needle Needles/Bullets
[replace Texture 0 (for Spread Needle)]
[Note: Also replaces S-RANK NEEDLE Needles/Bullets]
PvV1e05.png

Rainbow Tyrell's Parasol
[replace Texture 0]
Rainbow Tyrell's Parasol Halo
[replace Texture 1]
WZFqvNn.png

Rainbow FOmarl Robe
[Note: Replaces Blue #1 Outfit]
tAEPIxw.png

Last edited:
Man. Defo loving these!!

rainbow robes for fomar and fomarl, bet they would look fancy

Love the excal in specific, and the rainbow bullets. :D Kinda on topic, but with mobs. I'd love to see a rainbow pouily slime. It'd just make it really stand out, and who wouldn't love to slap a rainbow slime with an excal?!

!!!!! Yes God yes!!! RAINBOW SLIME!!!

P.S. Rainbow Vivienne would be OP af

I can't do this, unfortunately! There are a few weapons that draw their appearance from places in the data other than the item textures, such as Vivienne's pink blades, and most of Glide Divine. To put it simply: I don't know how to edit particles and effects, and Vivienne doesn't actually have blades, it's just constantly emitting an effect that looks like pink blades sticking out of it. I can color the hilt rainbow but that's probably not what you wanted!

I'd love to see a rainbow pouily slime. It'd just make it really stand out, and who wouldn't love to slap a rainbow slime with an excal?!
rainbow robes for fomar and fomarl, bet they would look fancy

Character and Monster skins are a lot more complex than item skins! I can't promise I'll be successful, but I'll do a little research and see if I can try.

Rainbow robes aren't that difficult to make, just gotta edit a few textures in plKtex for FOmar and plGtex for FOmarl.
Slime's textures behave a little weird, but I'd imagine this can be done as well (bm4_ps_ma_body.bml if you want to give it a shot).

And about Vivi... yeah, to good to be true. Not impossible I'd say, however, good luck finding the correct particle file. xD
Maybe Eve~ from the old Scht-forums might be capable of doing that, don't know if he's still part of the PSO community though.

that Eve~ person. i think they posted a pic of a fonewearl skin i wanted reeealy bad one time but i could NEVER find it! le sad face.

even if it wasnt Eve~, you talking about scht reminded me of it..... i want! :O
(it was probably a personal request that was never released... boohooo)

Rainbow robes aren't that difficult to make, just gotta edit a few textures in plKtex for FOmar and plGtex for FOmarl.
Slime's textures behave a little weird, but I'd imagine this can be done as well (bm4_ps_ma_body.bml if you want to give it a shot).

Yeah, did some tests with slime and it looks pretty weird. I'll do some more experimenting but I'm not sure I can make it look good.

As for rainbow robes, it's just a matter of the robe being split up into different texture images that I need to make match up and figure out what goes where, as opposed to the single, usually simple texture weapons tend to have.

that Eve~ person. i think they posted a pic of a fonewearl skin i wanted reeealy bad one time but i could NEVER find it! le sad face.

even if it wasnt Eve~, you talking about scht reminded me of it..... i want! :O
(it was probably a personal request that was never released... boohooo)

Remember his Goldmarl? Loved that one.
I kinda miss him sometimes, a very smart person with lots of good ideas. Oh well.^^

As for rainbow robes, it's just a matter of the robe being split up into different texture images that I need to make match up and figure out what goes where, as opposed to the single, usually simple texture weapons tend to have.

Ok true, that makes it more complicated indeed if you want to keep those nice transitions. *_*
just a matter of time and commitment though ;D

Remember his Goldmarl? Loved that one.
I kinda miss him sometimes, a very smart person with lots of good ideas. Oh well.^^
Yes I know the one you're talking about.

Is it truly real? Can this magnificent treasure be obtained by the people? If so, you sir, are a god!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's against Ephinea rules to edit the file that Soly is referring to. I might be mixing it up with a similarly named file, though.

Wow that viv.

just a matter of time and commitment though ;D

Bliz said to me ''you overestimate the amount of effort I'm willing to put in'' or something like that. Probably applies here too.

I did however say 'rainbow desert' which is alot I guess XD

Wow that viv.

Bliz said to me ''you overestimate the amount of effort I'm willing to put in'' or something like that. Probably applies here too.

I did however say 'rainbow desert' which is alot I guess XD

Player texture: "i'll look into it"

An entire area: "lmao no"

maybe it's actually easier than i'm imagining??? I'LL CHECK K

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's against Ephinea rules to edit the file that Soly is referring to. I might be mixing it up with a similarly named file, though.
I don't think Sodaboy forbids to edit files, but the file I was talking about is not "physically" in your computer anyway, you can't edit it as it's given to you by the login when you log in.

Back