Best ID for each class?

adamck

I'm currently playing a RAmarl and deciding on whether I should stick with Purplenum or not. What are some of the best ID's you guys prefer for each class, including stuff like focusing on melee for a force?

Purplenum is a good class for some exclusive drops. I personally went with Yellowboze to get a little balance of everything, since I love Shot/Spread weapons and Purplenum makes those a bit rarer. I also heard that Yellowboze has a higher chance to drop Hit % weapons, so that's another thing that appealed me.

Here's my list going in the order from greatest to worst of the class. I'm also trying to include each Section ID at least once.

Hunters: Skyly (Swords), Bluefull (Partisans), Oran (Dagger)
Ranger: Purplenum (Mechguns), Greennill (Rifles), Viridia (Shots, but I'm not seeing many good long-term drops), Bluefull (Heaven's Punisher)
Force: Pinkal (Discs)
All/Neutral: Redria, Yellowboze, Whitill (Slicer)

I know other lists will probably be slightly different, but this is how I would arrange my list.

Sounds about right. One thing to note is that Redria supposedly gets lots of armor drops, and yellowboze does get more meseta and has a lot of good drops in ep4(and all enemy parts).

I did forget about that. Redria is indeed good for getting Armor Drops and some exclusive Slot Units (God/Battle), which is good for everyone. Same applies for Yellowboze in regards to Meseta and I guess enemy parts (although I never really use those haha).

I'm sadly not familiar with Episode 4 drops at all, so I haven't conducted enough time to study those charts. Upon looking these up, it also looks like Viridia is the only one that can get a Heavenly/Battle? It is also one of two IDs that can get a Heavenly/Ability (Skyly can as well), so it seems like Viridia is a decent hunting class as well.

When I was choosing ID's for my characters, I thought of where each character would be playing most of the time. Here are my thoughts:

• HUcast - Ep. 1>4>2
    RAmar - Ep. 2>4>1
    FOnewm - Ep. 4>1/2

My HU will run lots of TTF, so I chose Whitill since it gets RR (better drop rate than other RR ID's, too) and drops I find interesting elsewhere.

My RA will run lots of RT, so I chose Yellowboze since it gets PGF and drops I find interesting elsewhere.

MY FO will run lots of PoD and MA4 A/B/C, so I chose Purplenum since it has good drops from Kondrieu and other enemies in Ep. 4. Also gets PGF and has other drops I find interesting elsewhere.

I agree that ID selection should be based on the items you plan to hunt, rather than the items you want to use on that character. For instance, if you're crazy enough to make a Skyly for SJS, you wouldn't want to make your HUmar a Skyly, even though he may be the character you want to use SJS with, because HUmar would be a difficult class to use for Control Tower runs. You'd be better off making a Skyly RAmar (or at least a HU with access to traps), so you can hunt SJS more easily. You can always transfer the SJS to your HUmar after you find it.

Aleron Ives said:
I agree that ID selection should be based on the items you plan to hunt, rather than the items you want to use on that character. For instance, if you're crazy enough to make a Skyly for SJS, you wouldn't want to make your HUmar a Skyly, even though he may be the character you want to use SJS with, because HUmar would be a difficult class to use for Control Tower runs. You'd be better off making a Skyly RAmar (or at least a HU with access to traps), so you can hunt SJS more easily. You can always transfer the SJS to your HUmar after you find it.
I'm married with 2 jobs, there's no way I have the time to level more than 1 character :lol:

In my opinion if you're going with one character, it's best to go with Yellowboze currently as it gets the most amount of useful items out of any ID (especially in Episode 4). While you might not be able to find everything you want, this gives you way more trade fodder to trade for what you want which I'd say is ultimately more useful.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what id is best for a FOmarl -_-
I'm pinkal right now because it's a straightforward FO id, but it seems like I'll want to be able to hunt lame/viv/whatever other melee shits and then there are too many options and I can't decide :shock:

Aleron Ives said:
I hope the official charts are less terrible for Pinkal than the SCHTServ ones. Poor, poor Pinkal. :(
They're decent. You get some nice trade bait if you're willing to hunt for it.

Link1275 said:
Aleron Ives said:
I hope the official charts are less terrible for Pinkal than the SCHTServ ones. Poor, poor Pinkal. :(
Yeah but they're still incredibly, let's say, lackluster in comparison to other section ids.
That being said, Oran or whitill for a FOmarl?

kaizokuou said:
Link1275 said:
Aleron Ives said:
Yeah but they're still incredibly, let's say, lackluster in comparison to other section ids.
That being said, Oran or whitill for a FOmarl?
Whitill, Oran's most common drop for common items is daggers.

Oran gets: Syncesta, Prophets of Motav, Kasami Bracer (assuming RR is 180 here), DF Shield, Psycho Wand, Zanba, PGF, Slicer of Fanatic (best rate), Vivienne, V502, Lame D'Argent, Daylight Scar

Whitill gets: Frozen Shooter, Diska of Braveman, Handgun: Milla, PB/Create, Red Sword, Caduceus, Parts of Baranz, S-Red's Arms, Handgun: Guld, DF Field, Red Ring (best rate), Electro Frame, Stink Frame, Guren, V101, Swordsman Lore, V502, Slicer of Fanatic, Limiter

I think I would go with Whitill, but not for the reasons above. What makes an ID good is the rare items it gets, and also where it gets them, not its weapon frequency. That would be like saying Skyly is a super beastly ID for hunters simply because it gets swords, but I feel Skyly is a poor ID here because its amount of trade fodder is really low (plus Ranger is much better at hunting the E2 items SJS, MKB, Zanba and HP).

Oran is not bad though, I would put it on a Ranger or Force though probably.

Also Pinkal:

Caduceus, Holy Ray, Magic Rock "Moola", Bringer's Right Arm, PGF, Tyrell's Parasol, Clio, Tyrell's Parasol, Smartlink, V801, Photon Crystal, Solferino, Mother Garb/+

I think Pinkal is still extremely poor. Most of its items are low-value hunts. Only PGF is really worth anything, and perhaps Mother Garb (but it's FOnewm only so nobody really wants that). Solferino also ignores Resta range boosts so I doubt it would be in demand, even if it is free-TP Resta.

Also my lists are basically the kind of items a lot of people would want. There might be some other things that people might want but they wouldn't be in any sort of demand, I would think.

Matt said:
Also Pinkal:

Caduceus, Holy Ray, Magic Rock "Moola", Bringer's Right Arm, PGF, Tyrell's Parasol, Clio, Tyrell's Parasol, Smartlink, V801, Photon Crystal, Solferino, Mother Garb/+
Pinkal is so bad that you had to include the same weapon twice to make the list a reasonable length. :lol:

Aleron Ives said:
Matt said:
Also Pinkal:

Pinkal is so bad that you had to include the same weapon twice to make the list a reasonable length. :lol:

He forgot Siren Glass Hammer - I personally hate Gibarta, but the weapon looks great!

And Matt: You mean Solferino's special ignores boosts? But the weapon itself boosts the Force's own Resta and is the only weapon to do so for males.

And everyone loves FOnewm! ;) MG+ is great.

Having said that, I'm Purplenum because I want a Psycho Wand. It also gets Yas 9kR, Guardianna, Glide Divine, Heaven Striker and some other things.

Last time I tried Solferino with a Resta Merge, the graphic was increased but it didn't take effect. Might be different here tho. =o

That's with the special though, I'm sure it would work fine with a casting of Resta.

Aleron Ives said:
Matt said:
Also Pinkal:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hit Lv20, decided to switch to Whitill. Should be "fun" hunting rr and the drops seem really solid in general, together with a bluefull and a yellowboze as friends we'll be ballin in no time

Aleron Ives said:
I had a skyly HUmar on schtserv for exactly that purpose :lol:

Back