Auto-Loot? (QOL)

Would you be in favor of an Auto-Loot function?

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil

HUmar Scum
Guildcard
Could be toggled on/off with a command.
Or a tool/addon could be like, whitelisted for it (which would even open opportunities for item filters).
It doesn't sound complicated but what do I know.

Objective Criticism;
I would think the only way to implement it would be essentially to read the meseta you are standing on and then tap the key for you.

Although thinking about it that way it could interfere with gameplay.
Contrary to popular belief, Purist Mode ISN'T the be-all-end-all solution to the issue. The EXP share and PSO2 drop systems can be disabled without having to use the nuclear option and throw away the EXP/DAR/RDR rates you might want to keep. Purist Mode is only for those who want absolutely NOTHING that goes beyond what the vanilla game provides, rather than those who'd want to pick and choose what QoL options they get. (Edit: Pretty sure Yuffie's correct in that Purist Mode only affects the boosts anyway, so it'd do nothing to auto-loot unless that was tied to Purist Mode's restrictions as well.)

Though the main reason I'm voting "No" is because, given how looting normally works (press Down), implementing an auto-loot system MIGHT interfere with regular gameplay if the action slot used for looting just so happens to have an action you might need immediate access to (ex: Normal Attack by default). If there'd be no other way to implement an auto-loot besides making it trigger that action slot whenever you run over loot, that is. If you can present me with a working method of picking up loot WITHOUT interfering with any action slots (and I don't mean a theorycrafted method: I mean an actual, WORKING code that the game can process without issue), I'll change my vote. Until then, I'll go with the belief that the devs (who know the game's coding better than most of us) would have implemented it by now if they could have done so without complications.
I am against this. Drop checker is genuinely all the loot-related assistance we need. Taking time to hunt down those HP mats or those 55 hit Charge Vulcs you see pop up on drop checker is a core part of the game in my opinion.

Streamlining to the point where you just auto-loot photon drops, luck mats, and meseta just seems too hand-holdy to me.

I mean, it's kind of hard to blatantly argue against a quality of life change like this. It's ultimately just going to come down to "In my opinion, it's unnecessary and makes an already easy game even easier."

Don't really know what else to add.

Edit: Chronos highlights some other concerns I would have as well, great post.

Subjective Criticism;
latest

Last edited:
Can you explain a little more?

Would the command pick up everything that drops while active? Man, that would fill the inventory quickly. x)

Yeah, basically pick up items as they drop.
If it were a third party white-listed tool, you could add filters to it, but I doubt that would be allowed so.

If your inventory is full, just pipe and drop the items at the shop or in your bank. If you don't like the feature don't use it. Simple as that. ;)

A auto-pick up tool/option with filters sounds amazing. Like on PSO2 auto pick up meseta + 13*'s!

Yeah it's been done many times over, and from my basic understanding (my friend Sziadan made a tool like this for pso2) it's as simple as manipulating packets.

For those voting no, feel free to add why you think it shouldn't be a feature, and remember that the suggestion is that you could opt into, meaning you have to turn it on. If you don't like the feature you wouldn't have to use it.

I think a tier list of items auto looted could be neat.
- Meseta
- Materials
- 15/20/27+ Techs
- Red Boxes

i think its a given that this should either only pick up mats/grinders etc or have a filter that the user chooses. i also think this would be a pita to code

We are more likely to get an addon to do this but it would need approval first because it could take some time to develop and wouldn't want that time to be wasted. Also, I don't think any addons currently send packets, so this would be quite an exception to what is currently allowed. However, if allowances are made for this kind of functionality in addons, there are plenty of very useful ones which could be developed eg. quick switching weapons, merges, etc.

I wouldn't mind this for Meseta and PDs / PCs, but there's such a huge variance of non-rare weapons that can drop due to specials and %s that it would be a mess to tell the system what to pick up and what to leave behind. Because there's not any specification in the voting button (just a yes / no), I have no choice but to click "no" because of my concerns. I'm sorry :(

Meh, would be nice for meseta/mats/grinders, that's about it. And you would probably need to still run over to it anyway as I would think the only way to implement it would be essentially to read the meseta you are standing on and then tap the key for you.

Although thinking about it that way it could interfere with gameplay.

Could be nice but I feel like it would be pretty difficult to pull off.

I get wanting a potential autoloot system to be nuanced, but I also understand that the staff manages this server in their spare time, that's why I presented the suggestion as a bare-bones Black/White Auto Loot System. Either take it or leave it. It would be the easiest to implement.

The people who want some form of autolooting can turn it on, and find a way to use it that works for them. (Example being always carrying at least 1 photon drop with you, or 1 of each grinder with you, or 1 of each mat with you so that even if your inventory is full, you will still collect photon drops as they'll stack in your inventory). See a nice weapon with hit%? Do what you would always do with a full inventory and drop something or bank/sell what you currently have and then pick it up.

The people who don't want it, or just have mixed feelings on it, just don't have to use it. By default it would be off, unless you turn it on it won't affect you either way.

I'm not saying like, no one should disagree with the idea. I'm saying that everyone who's disagreed so far isn't being objective.

TLDR;
"That wouldn't work how I would want it to work". Yeah well neither does Mat Reset (other servers have much more nuanced versions of mat reset), but it's better than nothing.

I guess what I'm asking is, regardless of whether or not this is possible, Is an idea like this "Quality of Life" or does it "Break the Game"? All signs point to QOL and this sever is the definition of Vanilla PSO with Enhanced Gameplay through Quality of Life Improvements.

but there's such a huge variance of non-rare weapons that can drop due to specials and %s that it would be a mess to tell the system what to pick up and what to leave behind.

That's why I suggested it as Bare Bones/Potential third party options with Add-On support. It would be unrealistic to request a complex feature like this from busy staff members. For the same reason that a form of in-game auction house/shops were unrealistic to ask for

Last edited:
I get wanting a potential autoloot system to be nuanced, but I also understand that the staff manages this server in their spare time, that's why I presented the suggestion as a bare-bones Black/White Auto Loot System. Either take it or leave it. It would be the easiest to implement.

The people who want some form of autolooting can turn it on, and find a way to use it that works for them. (Example being always carrying at least 1 photon drop with you, or 1 of each grinder with you, or 1 of each mat with you so that even if your inventory is full, you will still collect photon drops as they'll stack in your inventory). See a nice weapon with hit%? Do what you would always do with a full inventory and drop something or bank/sell what you currently have and then pick it up.

The people who don't want it, or just have mixed feelings on it, just don't have to use it. By default it would be off, unless you turn it on it won't affect you either way.

I'm not saying like, no one should disagree with the idea. I'm saying that everyone who's disagreed so far isn't being objective.

TLDR;
"That wouldn't work how I would want it to work". Yeah well neither does Mat Reset (other servers have much more nuanced versions of mat reset), but it's better than nothing.

I guess what I'm asking is, regardless of whether or not this is possible, Is an idea like this "Quality of Life" or does it "Break the Game", all signs point to QOL and this sever is the definition of Vanilla PSO with Enhanced Gameplay through Quality of Life Improvements.

That's why I suggested it as Bare Bones/Potential third party options with Add-On support. It would be unrealistic to request a complex feature like this from busy staff members. For the same reason that a form of in-game auction house/shops were unrealistic to ask for

Fair enough. I'm changing my vote to yes and long as it's not a forced mechanic.

Reactions: Wil
People are getting lazy these days. PSO2 (imo) is terrible partly for this very reason, convenience after convenience, finally you feel useless, you don't even have to look to your screen to play the game, just go in multiparty and wait for the profit to come. Oh you need some materials? Just send a npc instead of you know, playing. I don't get where the fun is in NOT looting in a loot game. In the end that's why i always come back to PSO. Modern games are boring. I get it in a game like Warframe where you are a badass cyber ninja flying over the maps, you don't have time to loot, but in PSO?

Last edited:
People are getting lazy these days. PSO2 (imo) is terrible partly for this very reason, convenience after convenience, finally you feel useless, you don't even have to look to your screen to play the game, just go in multiparty and wait for the profit to come. Oh you need some materials? Just send a npc instead of you know, playing. I don't get where the fun is in NOT looting in a loot game. In the end that's why i always come back to PSO. Modern games are boring. I get it in a game like Warframe where you are a badass cyber ninja flying over the maps, you don't have time to loot, but in PSO?

latest

This is all completely subjective.
The suggested feature would be something you opt into. If you don't like it, never turn it on.
:)

IMO so yes this is subjective. You know once the option is here people will never go back to the original system and this will help turn the game into a flavourless game just like PSO2 did. In the end i don't care if this get implemented or not, just thought i would share my experience with the big disapointement that was PSO2 and it's lazy features.

We already have shared exp and drop checkers and stuff, what else will be left to do except running? (Thanks god we don't have auto-run)

You are now welcome to share your, you know, opinion man on this subject :).

Last edited:
next suggestion might be enabling bots that you dont have to sit in front of your screen and actually have to play pso to get loot. im carrying so much gear with me i wouldnt profit and i dont mind looting a huge part from pso would gone lost for me without, the difference to before with seeing enemy health and the drops on the floor is already massive, but if its possible to do so why not:p

Last edited:
I just want to reiterate that I'm completely open to objective reasons as to why this feature shouldn't be implemented, and I'm not just shooting down people who disagree with me. "Everyone would use this and I don't like it so we shouldn't do it." just doesn't seem like a valid reason.

Staff has provided a solution for players who don't want QOL Improvements with Purist Mode, which you can read about here;
>>https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/account-modes/
upload_2018-8-23_18-38-28.png

I just want to reiterate that I'm completely open to objective reasons as to why this feature shouldn't be implemented, and I'm not just shooting down people who disagree with me. "Everyone would use this and I don't like it so we shouldn't do it." just doesn't seem like a valid reason.

Staff has provided a solution for players who don't want QOL Improvements with Purist Mode, which you can read about here;
>>https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/account-modes/
View attachment 7497

You didn't replied to anything i adressed, but whatever man. I don't have the NEED to disagree with you, i just exposed my view and told you why imo this is not beneficial for the game (because the game will turn into a hollow game at some point).

Edit: oh pls, so now i disagree with you i have to play purist mode? That's objective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back