Anyone else find Episode IV tedious?

YukaToshi

Or is it just me? I think the Satellite Lizards are what kill it for me mostly. Endlessly trying to either run around to their backs or attacking with a physical weapon. Bores the crap out of me... :3

Excalibur.png

With some hit and 100native, most classes can wreck them in 1-2 combos. But really I think EP4 is enjoyable. Only problem is Zu movements in some quests.

No. It kind of feels like playing Episode I (lizards aside), just with the areas being more expansive. Episode II is a bore with its tunneling pathways.

Yeah, I think it's more tedious for rangers.
Well, RAs can also equip Excal and two of them don't even really need Hit%, so... having to melee is probably not the problem, even for RAs.

That being said, Ep4 is my least favourite Episode. Crater is a bore, the different routes are just as bad. So much walking and not even a boss at the end? Dull. Sub Desert is fine, but also has some issues. Whoever coded Zus flying though walls and the Girtablulu-pull deserves a raise so high that it overflows and resets to 0. Quick sand is also pretty wonky. Oh, the reused Pioneer 2 area is also rather disappointing.

It's still enjoyable, though - but just not as good as Ep1 and especially Ep2.

/EDIT: Episode 4 music is really good, however!

Last edited:
I find ep4 the most fun to play. Zus can be a slight hassle but meh. Just use excal on lizards, heaven strikers on zus, sn to arrest dorphons, BL on swarms. Ep2 is the most challenging imo, the challenge is nice sometimes like in pw4 tower but can be tedious in seabed. Ep1 is pretty fun as well but a bit too ez.

I actually enjoy ep4, just a shame there isn’t a bigger variety in areas really and an extra boss or two. Ep2 is the one I find quite tedious, especially as I tend to play hunter a lot. EP1 feels like classic pso to me, but even then I really dislike the caves, it’s such a drag and feels very boring, plus the lilies can catch you out now and then!

It was inexcusable for Sega to make Zus a Desert enemy with how often they get stuck. i would have rather seen Astarks in Desert. They would have been super strong. Other than that, I love Ep4.

Getting knocked over by zus and dorphons is pretty obnoxious, but other than that it's alright I guess.

This can easily be fixed by paying attention to when they spawn and using either Twin Blaze or Mercurius Rod specials to stop the charges. Then, you can arrest them. If you aren't able to deal with the Dorphons before they charge again, this won't help.

Last edited:
Episode 4 is boring to me because Crater is an uninspired area with no real design (four nearly-identical routes? Seriously? AND the entire area is varying shades of brown with no actual doors between rooms?!). Also, every enemy except for Zus have modified Ep1&2 enemy AI. It just feels lazy.

At least Desert looks cool and all the music's good.

Most enemies in Episode II have modified Episode I AI, and most enemies in Episode I have modified Booma AI, so that gripe kind of brings down the entire game. ;)

I said AI when I should've said animations. My bad. :rolleyes:

The main issue with episode 4 is Zu's going out of bounds in sub desert and Girtablulu pull being quite buggy, but every episode has it's flaws. You might think lizards is tedious but look at Dark/Death gunners.

E4 is mainly to get the necessary gear to play E1/2 (when blue burst items were E4 only).

I only play E4 to hunt HS or do Fiasco nowadays.

I thought so too back when I played BB for the first time, but it's amazing how much ep4 changes once you are geared. Personally I enjoy it quite a bit, the mobs having all these different attributes makes it so you can't mindlessly bruteforce your way through as easily and I like that.

I thought so too back when I played BB for the first time, but it's amazing how much ep4 changes once you are geared. Personally I enjoy it quite a bit, the mobs having all these different attributes makes it so you can't mindlessly bruteforce your way through as easily and I like that.

truest words

Back