Anguish Mode Boss Modifier Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I am going to try and keep this fairly short and to the point(as much as you can)

Background:
I've been around as Nuke/Nuclearranger on DC+GC+BB+ SCHT+Ephinea now for 20+ years, which is insane, so that's my perspective on this.

PSO has been a great time for many years, and I love it. That said, the end-game has always been weak in some areas along with the balance of certain phases of the game. This is understandable due to having many classes ranging from 80->200 in the same Ultimate difficulty.

The end game just gets TOO EASY, and while I love hunting items, I need a "why", "Why get so strong?"
...cont...

What I love:
Anguish mode- I love it, it solves almost everything from a difficulty perspective for me. We can argue that XYZ mechanic fails to work at ABC difficulty, but in my experience with it, A1->4 are fairly golden.

What falls flat:
Bosses, arguably one of the best parts of the game, but once you can "beat" them they are cake forever. Think about how de rol feels in Normal when your barely out of the forest. Brutal. . . and so much fun.

The issue is really 3 fold.
Boss strength: They can fail to hurt you, so they need to be stronger in that regard. I honestly feel that Anguish already gets this fairly close. Somewhere in A1-10 they begin to 1HKO you so the power to lose is in your hands!

Boss HP and Duration: This is my main gripe. Even in A10 I can down the dragon borderline instantly, I want to actually see the bosses full attack pattern.

Anguish 5+: While I want a challenge, turning the gauge to A10 for every game isn't really realistic. For one, the game becomes nearly impossible to even reach a boss, for two the boss fight itself is fairly off. They 1HKO a level 200 RAcast, and they still, in some cases, don't have enough HP.

Suggestion:
Luckily the server has the technology and methods to solve this fairly simply. I myself am a developer and would be willing to help.

Add another game modifier called "boss boost", allow the player to select some HP modifier for all bosses. Maybe have 3 levels (10x, 50x, 100x). Keeping in mind, even at 100x HP the dragon is maybe a 5-10 minute fight, you get to see his moves, etc. The bosses really do have that much of a deficit, in my eyes.

It can stack with Anguish, which would still allow the user some control over the bosses actual power. Enabling this mode COULD add another 10-50% to the bosses strength but, that's a bit harder to balance and isn't really needed in MOST cases.

It doesn't NEED any rewards but maybe a 1-3% DAR rate on the bosses drops is appropriate.

Conclusion:
Adding this brings back bosses to their rightful place as something actually challenging, something you actually get to fight for longer than .0003 seconds after the opening movie and something I actually want to try out.

Thanks.

If it takes 100 times longer to kill tho wouldn’t you want something better than 1% DAR? I’d be thinking gurenteed Uber or random rare weapons with 25% hit

Attachments

• 1ED40602-A388-4095-B295-04D4EAC67F5A.jpeg
    1ED40602-A388-4095-B295-04D4EAC67F5A.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 6
If it takes 100 times longer to kill tho wouldn’t you want something better than 1% DAR? I’d be thinking gurenteed Uber or random rare weapons with 25% hit

The rewards are debatable, but ultimately not important, many would play for 0 bonus. I am advocating a feature that keeps the core reward structure in place and adds an optional level of fun.

Also, 100x wouldn't be the only option, and with how boss battles go, it wouldn't take 100x as much time either. Take the dragon for instance, 50+% of that fight is just waiting for the HP gate to get reset.

While a fun concept it would be way too niche of a thing that nobody really has ever asked for except for yourself. Also even regular enemies start to OHKO you at A10. I think A10 is far difficult enough with great rewards for using it even if it had a recent nerf. I love anguish as well and love experimenting how much i can push a very fast reset run with it while not sacrificing much time in the run. It also really shines in making some easier areas like forest more fun as well as adding a level or two in any area when you are with a really good party who is downing everything basically instantly
Pretty much anguish does what you requested already (increase boss hp) 100x would be overkill. However it could be cool to see a quest that tweaks bosses or something. I think on another server iirc they have a quest with 2 dragons at once so its certainly possible

For what it's worth, enemy HP is capped at to 32K which is why this is an issue.

Boss HP going a lot higher would be ideal for a mode like this, but it's not possible at the current time.

I was spreading fake news

Last edited:
For what it's worth, enemy HP is capped at to 32K which is why this is an issue.

Boss HP going a lot higher would be ideal for a mode like this, but it's not possible at the current time.
Bro do you even Anguish?

We can go up to 2 billion HP now.

oh no i am APOLOGISE, somehow I missed that memo

I'm all for it! Anguish makes the game more playeable when you're high level/got good gear. Also, I'm no fan of constant Helling and Anguish really negates that. Imo it balances the game out more and adding this extra slider will make bosses more challenging!

Was sleeping and woke up middle of the night earlier then back to sleep, but…

No suggestions!!!! (Sorry, gotta do this since the suggestions forum is closed and I did the same to other people. Must be fair! Also, don’t need your help programming something like this…. BYE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back