AI-Upscaling Thread

Yeah it's pretty neat, I'll probably only use it in my projects as an alternative for art I am not skilled enough to re-make.

For instance, here's a somewhat decent upscale of really noisy/compressed and low-res PSOGC art.
Left is "High-res" (upscaled), right is "Low-res" (the original art).

PSOGC HDSD Portraits comparison.png

I've edited my previous posts in this thread and made them straighter to the point, also added spoiler tags for big images :)

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty neat, I'll probably only use it in my projects as an alternative for art I am not skilled enough to re-make.

For instance, here's a somewhat decent upscale of really noisy/compressed and low-res PSOGC art.
Left is "High-res" (upscaled), right is "Low-res" (the original art).

View attachment 14851

I've edited my previous posts in this thread and made them straighter to the point, also added spoiler tags for big images :)
Yeah and it'd be a shit ton of work too! So I get it really no worries.

And damn that's awesome hahaha!

Is there a tool that already exists that can extract the game's textures in bulk, and reimport them in bulk? I tried finding one ages ago, but couldn't, and resigned to needing to write one myself (which I have not done yet lol). It's something I might take up in the near future, but before I do I want to be sure I'm not reinventing the wheel.

If there is, I don't think it's been released publicly. Last time I did texture stuff on BB I still had to use some old tools that are less than optimal...

Hey check this out. Upscaling test with Guild Lady textures turned out not so bad.
It sucks that her face is a 64x64 pixel image though because it makes upscaling quite imperfect T_T

GPOP8P_2023-03-16_16-50-51.png
GPOP8P_2023-03-16_16-50-55.png

Hey check this out. Upscaling test with Guild Lady textures turned out not so bad.
It sucks that her face is a 64x64 pixel image though because it makes upscaling quite imperfect T_T

might be better off redoing it manually if you are able. But jeez I never noticed she looked like this lol

I've been trying a few options and came across 3 that are worth checking.

Upscayl runs directly from your PC (no constraints, no account data) and uses your GPU to uplift the images, does a decent job and doesn't change things, it only raises the resolution and applies a series of techniques to make them look better.

Stylar does require an account, the images have limitations and do have a watermark, however it allows you to have a grasp on what AI can do, it can remake your content provided the input is correct, the outcome can easily be changed in photoshop, you can for example remove the watermark and you can use the 1st tool (upscayl) to increase the resolution. You are not bound by the limitations of the tool.

Krea, this one is probably the best, because it can reimagine your image, you can set it so it's similar to your input but still give AI the ability to create content, which will surpass a simple upscaller, this tool ofcourse is limited to 3 minutes per day on free accounts, but 3 minutes is enough for you to get a grasp on what it can do

Take an example

I recreated this scene a while back:
pQWcgTk.png

I did a few skins, changed the look, used some bloom ingame and did the screenshot on PSO v2 of all things
pso 2013-03-30 20-49-13-53.png

This is what krea did, remember this is the default settings, one can make it more towards the original image and some can just ask the AI to go crazy and re imagine things
enhanced-image(12).png

I'm sure with some time one could just upscale the textures or even use krea to add some detail to the images, just enough so the image is super sharp and no weird bluriness

Back