AI-Upscaling Thread

Tried it on the guild lady: not that bad actually, her face looks nice enough but part of her clothes looks "painted".
pso131984465584781444.jpg
Edit: Nurse:
pso131984513493608637.jpg

Last edited:
9689-d0a2f3c987266a97e6fba4a251d1a049.jpg
Wow, you can actually read the scrolling text!

It's a shame it would take ages to digitally upscale most of the graphics in the game.

Hello I ran a PSO portrait that I found online (and that was at a decent resolution) through a commercial AI Upscaler, then semi-manually removed the white background from the image and finally downcaled it to a manageable resolution here's the result at 746x3200 (2x Original Res.) :
RAcaseal-POC.png

RAcaseal-Original.png

Last edited:
IS there a way to make that racl smaller, without losing sharpness?

IS there a way to make that racl smaller, without losing sharpness?
Hello, if you're making it smaller than (or equal to) 50% of original size, you might want to try GIMP (free software) and its "LoHalo" resizing/downscaling, it was designed specifically for that. ("NoHalo" is useful when doing rotation or small downscaling, and "LoBlur" is an upcoming feature I don't plan on using that will use some sharpening to make details pop when downscaling)

Last edited:
I tried out a website which provides paid automatic upscaling called "Let's Enhance".
Here's what it can do with a really small 64x64px face texture upscaled to 256x256 (4x).
It doesn't create "chromatic aberrations" like Topaz Gigapixel which is nice. With some edits one could remaster faces for instance. Oh and notice how skin ends up pretty clean when going through the upscaling.
(Obviously the higher the original texture resolution, the better the result)

GPOP8P-2.png
GPOP8P-1.png

Last edited:
Hello just wanted to show that let's enhance (which is expensive) can work decent, sadly sky textures often need to be seamless (they are stitched together by the game).

Clouds Original.PNG
Clouds Upscaled.PNG

Last edited:
Hey, here's a RAmar face before and after upscaling (DigitalFrames ESRGAN model).
It works very well on some faces, but others have to many compression artifacts it seems, and even a BC1 artifact remover doesn't help much...

GPOP8P_2020-05-18_06-22-13.png GPOP8P_2020-05-18_06-22-22.png

Here's a PSO image that had serious JPEG artifacts that I put through JPEGDestroyer and DeJpegFatalityPlusULTRA "AI Models" to compare. All images were enlarged fourfold for easier comparison.

Fomar_w_Artifacts.png
Fomar_Face_JPEGDestroyer.png
Fomar_Face_DeJpegFatalityPlusULTRA.png

Last edited:
AI Models people train are getting better and better...

Models : 1x_BCGone_Detailed_115000_G + 4x_NMKD-UltraYandere_300k

Results are stunning, to say the least...

Rupika (FOnewearl)-comparison.gif

RAcast-comparison.gif

Last edited:
Back