About Wrath of Forest and its impact on event

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont really agree with that but honestly i guess its for the best in this kind of a stacking collectable collectathon event

if we didnt have wof but had rappy spooking itd probably look the same only its just nothing but fiy instead of wof

Nah, wouldn't it be MA4? 12 right at the start.

While most people discuss about the top ten thing, they are not getting my other point : it's not fine to find eggs that easily and get high hit end-game gear as a reward. It seems completly unfair and unbalanced to me. I can't be the only one having issues with that.

It's not fine to find eggs that easily and get high hit end-game gear as a reward.

It seems completely unfair and unbalanced.

I honestly don't understand why some folks seem to have this mentality or something. The whole: 'it's not fair that these people are getting endgame gear so easily! It's unbalanced' thing.

I mean, if you're going to sit here and complain about how "easy" it is to achieve that, then, shouldn't you-.. well, do that? Personally, I wouldn't be going 'unfair'. I'd take the opportunity while it's there, than to simply let it go to waste.

(plus, it's not like it means a lot to have a high-hit endgame weapon on a game like Blue Burst. That's just my opinion, really.)

Laziest and most disgusting way possible...umm...okay. I think the quest is shit too, but lol. Also, events aren't all about making people team up and work hard together. Maximum Attack is not every event. Sometimes they are just about having fun. Like Easter. Or in the case of the top 10 egg thing, trying to be the best. People look for the shortest route to success. It happens to be a shit quest. Oh well, mistakes were made. Quest should probably go but don't attack others for it.

Nah, wouldn't it be MA4? 12 right at the start.
tru

id just be doing fiy because im lazy, it about evens out anyway. fiy is like 45 rappies across 2 or 3 mins and a ma4 run is 12 at the start but you spend so much time walking back and forth and remaking the room that each run is like 30 or 45s

del drops are way more valuable tho

Honestly, In order to compete in any kill based competition or some kind of thing that collects area drops, you WILL have to do the best thing, spend a lot of time, or both. It's a competition. It doesn't matter what special quest gets removed people will still do what it takes to optimize their runs. Without WoF, there are other quests out there that will be clearly better than some others that Sega designed themselves and people will be at a disadvantage for not doing them as that's just the nature of this particular event. And yes, I do understand WoF first room is better than other things and that is an issue, however, it's mostly an issue with the nature of the event itself opposed to the quest. Forest drops are not so much better and the exp isn't so much better that it completely invalidates the rest of the game once the event is gone lol.

In order to prevent people from competing and getting them to work together, make something that... isn't a competition. And to stop solo spamming, make a quest that rewards completion or do some kind of hunter boost road sort of event where you have to travel around ragol and clear quests to gain points that way. That way people will be forced to try different things and will be rewarded for doing that. Make the leaderboard be something like number of laps cleared or something which would make it so people are prone to play full missions and have games of variety and to add to that swap up the mission sets every few days or each week.

An example of this could be to have some kind of theme like Phantasmal World 1-4 as path for a day and if you clear all 4 you get points based upon the difficulty you cleared the path on. Have like an event calendar that has the various paths for each day of the week with it repeating for 2 weeks then a new set of daily paths for the next set of weeks (such as Monday Phantasmal World day, Tuesday MAX attack day, Wednesday Retrieval Day, Thursday Endless Nightmare Day, Friday Boss Rush Day [TTF, RT, Some New Event Mission], etc.) You could even add something where the more laps you do the higher you can get your rare drop (which caps) and as a bonus make the rare enemy appearance go up too (which would also cap). Then use the points, or eggs, or keys, or whatever you want the lap reward to be as the currency to buy from the shop.

I don't mind if WoF gets altered or removed because I'm new and I didn't even know about it at first. I thought the quest was fun and challenging when I was a low lv (Not everyone here gets to farm that first room. Us new guys have to struggle at first until we grow!). But, people being looked down upon for being optimal in a game where the community as a whole has poured years into finding how to get things the best way doesn't sit right with me. It's not disgusting to spam the first room of something in a game that has drop rates of 1/28-299k lol. It's just a playstyle. You better believe I'm going to try and cut down on the months it might take opposed to "having fun" doing some odyssey of a mission just for the sake of being different and that would go the same for competing for number one.

Edit: Really simple idea too. If an event of this type comes again in the future just disable event drops from questionable quests. That'd be easy to do and they could still be ran for other purposes.

Lazy and disgusting? I busted my ass for hours to collect eggs. I killed tons of things, now I am disgusting for doing it.

Expanding on what Goukezitsu wrote, another idea would be to give prizes for 1 event drop/10 event drops/100 event drops and leave it at that.

Or... if one still likes the idea of a competition but finds it unfair to give items out for whatever reason, what if the prize were simply cosmetic? Not sure what is possible for the staff to implement, but I'm thinking of stuff like having a weapon of yours renamed to whatever you want, or special forum titles, or guild point items you can then donate (you won prestige for your guild, that's pretty cool!). Or your name is registered onto a Hall of Fame board in the lobby. The sky's the limit really.

Last edited:
HELLO, THANKING YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS THREAD OF THE EPHINEA PRIVATE SERVER.

YOUR THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND FEELINGS HAVE BEEN TAKEN INTO OUR CONSIDERATIONS FOR FUTURE EVENTS.

WE WILL BE LOOKING INTO WRATH OF FOREST AS WELL AS HOW TO BETTER DO EVENT REWARDS (LESS COMPETITIVE) IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

PLEASED FOR YOU TO BE LOOKING FORWARD TO EXCITING CHANGES.

POWER TO ALL HUNTERS OF PSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back