About banner items in inaccessible areas

Probably just wouldn't do anything, but who knows, depends on the situation.

Chances are though, if you don't show in some way that you lost a particular item, it probably won't be recovered.

There is one possible case of abuse that I can think of: a banner item drops for someone else in the party, but you screenshot the banner and another red box (say, a PD) and try to claim the banner item for yourself. However, this possibility is extremely rare, as it would require the following: (1) the other player did not pick up their banner item, since the admins can tell if the item has been picked up, and (2) you're able to screenshot an out-of-bounds item with the same party to pretend that it dropped with the banner.

If that is the case, I don't think it should be seen as an abuse but a genuine way to get the item you think you deserve. Since it is out of bounds, you can see the red box but cannot check whether it is a PD or not, certainly if the rare sound came in the same moment as the banner seems to appear.

I think that the best solution to the screenshot issue is to make the server log whom the item dropped for. Then, all a player would need to do is specify the banner item dropped and approximate time for an admin to retrieve it. However, until that's possible, I think that asking for screenshots is likely the best way to prevent false claims for these out-of-bounds items. Without a screenshot of the banner and item, there's currently no better way to prove that the item dropped for you specifically.

Great solution! I think a lot of people make a screenshot when they see an uber rare drop like a SJS, Guld or Psycho Wand.

Sooo...someone in our party just got a RR drop during MA4 1C Falz. I don't think it was me and disagree did not think it was him, but it was likely pewpew or MewPlushie. The party name was "1C dis", I believe. Since we only had 20 seconds after Falz to retrieve the item before it teleports us back to Pioneer 2, we couldn't find it and so noone picked it up. Also didn't have time to catch the banner.

Any thoughts on this scenario? Kinda a bummer for Mew and pewpew.

Sooo...someone in our party just got a RR drop during MA4 1C Falz. I don't think it was me and disagree did not think it was him, but it was likely pewpew or MewPlushie. The party name was "1C dis", I believe. Since we only had 20 seconds after Falz to retrieve the item before it teleports us back to Pioneer 2, we couldn't find it and so noone picked it up. Also didn't have time to catch the banner.

If you are aware of the scenario you can always prepare for it: the drop is at the south-eastern part of the arena, in a specific spot. Move toward it before defeating Falz. It should also show up as a red dot on the map.

Reactions: Mad

Probably out of luck

Hey, it's not my drop, I just thought I'd mention it. :p 20 seconds is pretty short though.

Screenshot proof has been pretty much the method of authenticity for PSO drops since the dawn of private servers. I find it hard to believe any player would struggle with pressing 1 button within 20 seconds. If your reaction time was that bad you would have more to worry about while playing PSO.

Well, none of us knew that the other one wasn't able to pick up the drop until we got teleported out of the room (by the time the banner fully displays, about 5-10 seconds pass), and then I believe the banner stopped once we got teleported back.

Like I said, I don't think it was my drop so I don't really care, but I got lost in the room and didn't even find my meseta drop in time so it just as easily could have happened to me. I mean, I view @Harborer of Hope as one of the better and more respected players around here and she wasn't even able to capture it in time.

I think the previous suggestion of us simply changing the ship to log to a file when a banner comes up along with who it dropped for (stats included) can eliminate the need for any sort of screenshot. It's something very easy to change. Pickups are already logged.

(I'm with the crowd that thinks screenshots are a terrible way to prove something.)

I think the previous suggestion of us simply changing the ship to log to a file when a banner comes up along with who it dropped for (stats included) can eliminate the need for any sort of screenshot. It's something very easy to change. Pickups are already logged.

(I'm with the crowd that thinks screenshots are a terrible way to prove something.)

That's awesome, we all appreciate your efforts!

Professional adult answer.

You do a ton of work for this server and it routinely impresses me.

Thank you.

Hi Matt. I was told to post here since I didn't know to take a screenshot at the time. Got a rare drop from pazuzu (should've been a 502). It died on the edge of the map and I heard the ding and saw the red dot fly across the minimap an disappear. This was after the event started. If I can help narrow it down let me know.

Well, none of us knew that the other one wasn't able to pick up the drop until we got teleported out of the room (by the time the banner fully displays, about 5-10 seconds pass), and then I believe the banner stopped once we got teleported back.

Like I said, I don't think it was my drop so I don't really care, but I got lost in the room and didn't even find my meseta drop in time so it just as easily could have happened to me. I mean, I view @Harborer of Hope as one of the better and more respected players around here and she wasn't even able to capture it in time.
At the end of our Falz fight, Mew got that special pink visual affect and chime that announces the rare appearance of Red Ring Rico on her grave....wonder if that had anything to do with not hearing the newly added rare drop chime? Regardless, just wasn't enough time to go get it if it was there. =( *le sigh*

Also agrees Soda-samas and his staff have already done a Lot to keep us happy and not rioting >=3

So, now specific information about banner drops are now logged by the server including whom the item dropped for, it's stats, and the party they were in. There should be no more need for any sort of screenshots anymore.

As noted also, the server has always logged whether you picked it up, so no trying to scam.

With both of those things said, going forward, all you should need to submit to Matt is your party name, the item name, and the approximate time of the drop you couldn't reach. DO NOT SUBMIT A SCREENSHOT.

Agree this this too, although with the information I had it was the best way and I didn't particularly want to bother you about changing logs. :P

Make sure you PM me if you lose something, the other administrators are busy and I'd rather not have them get bothered for something I offered.

I've also updated the OP with the relevant information you should submit. It should be obvious but character name / GC / etc is important so I can make sure I'm giving the item to the right person as well.

Back