Abbreviations

raggamuffin

Guildcard
I've always been terrible with them. So I figured maybe people can add the one's they know on PSO to help me and probably other people feel a little less confused

Ed

DF - Dark Flow
DM- Dark Meteor
DB- Dark Bridge
SN- Spread Needle
HP- Heaven Punisher
HS- Heaven Striker
DoB- Diska of Braveman
SoF- Slicer of Fanatic
FS- Frozen Shooter
SQ- Snow Queen
LC- Lavis Cannon
CR- Cannon Rouge
mkb- Monkey King Bar
PD- Photon Drop
PC- Photon Crystal
PS- Photon Sphere
sd- Shifta/Deband
jz- Jellen Zalure
Res- Game Reserved

omg speaking of res... can we just like stop doing that and use passwords instead? New players generally don't know what it means and even in my open games everyone asks "res?" and it's just annoying dealing with everything.

I know everyone is gonna use it more now and that's ok 8)

omg speaking of res... can we just like stop doing that and use passwords instead? New players generally don't know what it means and even in my open games everyone asks "res?" and it's just annoying dealing with everything.

I know everyone is gonna use it more now and that's ok 8)
Putting passwords on, typing passwords in and letting everyone know the password is annoying. I always put res on my games and 4/5 times people don't join unless they are supposed to. (Passworded games used to crash me) I agree that beginners won't know what res means but after a couple times joining res'd games, they will for the rest of their time here.
Sometimes players just put RESERVED as game name which I'm sure works well.
Ofc if you password your games, then that is probably better and good for you x) - I'm just not going to start doing it.
Every time I see someone join a res'd game on accident, the OP are very polite in notifying them that the game is reserved.

Most of them can be either upper-case or lower-case.
Miscellaneous:
DAR = Drop Anything Rate
RDR = Rare Drop Rate
HBR = Hunter's Boost Road

Traps:
FT = Freeze Trap
DT = Damage Trap
CT = Confuse Trap

Techniques:
Gif = Gifoie
Giz = Gizonde
Raf = Rafoie
Raz = Razonde
Rab = Rabarta
r, R = Resta (only used by some people)
s, S = Shifta
d, D = Deband
j, J = Jellen
z, Z = Zalure

Quests:
TTF = Toward the Future
RT = Respective Tomorrow
ma4a : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 4A, sometimes used for Stage 1A or Stage 2A too.
ma4b : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 4B, sometimes used for Stage 1B or Stage 2B too.
ma4c : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 4C, sometimes used for Stage 1C or Stage 2C too.
ma1a : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 1A
ma1b : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 1B
ma1c : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 1C
ma2a : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 2A
ma2b : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 2B
ma2c : Maximum Attack 4 - Stage 2C

ma1 : Maximum Attack 1 (the episode 1 one)
ma2, ma2v2 : Maximum Attack 2 (the episode 2 one)
ma3, ma3v2 : Maximum Attack 3 (the episode 4 one)

EN1, EN2, EN3, EN4 : Endless Nightmare quest series. EN1 = Endless Nightmare 1, and so on.
PW1, PW2, PW3, PW4: Phantasmal World quest series. Similar to EN.
LHS, LIS, LSB, LHP: Ep1 Lost quests. LHS = Lost Heat Sword for example.

MU1, MU2, MU3, MU4, MU5: Mop-up (Ep1)/New Mop-up (Ep4) series. Use the context to determine which one it is. Sometimes also used for Ep2 ones (see below, custom quests section)

WoL1, WoL2, WoL3, WoL4, WoL5: War of Limits quest series.

BPD = Black Paper's Deal, or A Dangerous Deal with Black Paper
BPD2 = Black Paper's Deal 2, or A Dangerous Deal with Black Paper 2 (it may have a fancier name)

1-1, 1-2, ..., 2-1, 2-2, ..., 9-1, 9-2, ..., 9-8: Government quests.

Custom Quests:
LSG, LRR, LDS, LCC, LHB: Girth's Lost ep2 series
LMB: Girth's Lost ep4 Crater quest.
VR1, VR2 : Villainous Rift series
MU1, MU2, MU3, MU4, MU5 : depends on context, if it's Ep2, it's Girth's Ep2 Mop-up series.

TE: Tyrell's Ego
RFR: Rescue from Ragol
FF: Forsaken Friend
MSB: Military Strikes Back
ANH: A New Hope (one person mode version of MSB)
Xrd: Random Attack Xrd
MAS: Maximum Attack S

Last edited:
Res is easier for me if I'm in a game that has someone who's GC I don't have joining. Instead of playing telephone with in-game PMs, I can just res it until that person arrives, then start. Ez pz.

just have a static password for all your games with friend groups and then a generic one for everyone else

setting "1" as your password is very effective at stopping people from joining your game if you don't want them to and people are polite enough to not join a room even if you say "pass 1" in lobby to the person you're talking to

Dunno what Choice Search is? On GC/Xbox, you were able to put in parameters in a box (stuff like, level, class, some other shit) and it'd return you a list of all players on the block (ship?) with those parameters, meaning you could search for peoples' GCs yourself without them being present.

I never played GC/Xbox online, at least not for a long period of time. BB private servers were my first experience without using someone elses internet/gamecube to get online.

Here are some important ones

OU: Overused
UU: Underused
BL: Borderline
RU: Rarely used
NU: Never used
LC: Little Cup
OHKO: One Hit KO
BP: Base Power of attack
BST: Base stats
EV: Effort Values (0~252)
IV: Individual Values (0~31)