A way to disable the SPECIAL weapon name reveal?

Roaxes

Guildcard
It's not very exciting when you immediately get to see what rare weapon you got in a message and i'm wondering if there's a way to have an optional setting if you want it to say the name of the special weapon you got in a message or not. It kind of ruins the grand reveal of going to a tekkar to find out what it is. But that's my opinion. :p

some new updates have their usefulness like /matcount but I think this one isn't good for vanilla in my opinion so i'm hoping there will be a optional way of disabling it. <:D

I can add that in the next restart. By default it will be disabled then and you can turn on revelation by a new command.

At first, I didn't think it'd be a big deal because most people know exactly what they're going to find by the drop chart. But I understand...

Sodaboy said:
I can add that in the next restart. By default it will be disabled then and you can turn on revelation by a new command.

At first, I didn't think it'd be a big deal because most people know exactly what they're going to find by the drop chart. But I understand...

Thank you! :D I like to play through without actually hunting anything. So when I actually do find something it's exciting to find out what it is. x3

It's intended. Didn't feel like modifying the SQL database for this. Maybe if I can be bothered at some point in the future.

falkenjeff said:
If we ever get an actual new person to play this game with no previous PSO experience (lol wishful thinking), they get the same red-box experience all of us did! (Until they find out about the command)

Well, you've just found one :lol: I was actually looking for a vanilla PSO:BB experience that I can also play offline as and when I wish then came across Ephinea which is perfect. Of course, I realise some changes fit the majority of the playerbase better, but options to enable pure vanilla and/or enhanced content per change would be great, that way everyone can tailor their game to their liking. That's just my opinion but I think this would be a good thing in the long run (before potentially a whole horde of minor changes from vanilla are made and tracking them down is tough).

Out of interest: the message showing that a rare weapon was picked up (but not showing its name) -- is this a custom change or was it like that on the official servers?

It was like that on the official servers.

No it wasn't, NDW. :( That's actually something Phantasy Star Universe started, then I think found it's way to Schthack, and now here.

I think there was confusion on my post. When I said "It was like that on the official servers.", I meant SPECIAL WEAPON showing up on the official servers. Not the actual weapon name of the weapon.

I'm pretty sure drop announcements were never a part of the original PSO experience. I vaguely remember when Schthack implemented it for BB, and as Soda said, I think the feature was inspired by PSU.

qwerty said:
Sega had global rare drop banner implemented in PSOBB:JP
It shows when, where and which rare drops, [...]

Wow, cool! Thanks for this insight, qwerty!

... Do we get it on Tethealla/Ephinea? ;o)

Oh, man. PSOBB:JP had something like this? Did it announce EVERY rare that dropped by EVERYONE on EVERY SHIP? Or only certain types of rares and rare/enemies?

I totally don't want to implement this if it did it for every rare. I mean, it's ridiculously easy to implement, but that's just too spammy, especially with people who farm rares.

I'm guessing it is only with certain rares or enemies.

I believe it happened for every rare in Episode 4 (haven't read that page, but I saw stuff like announcements for Heavenly/Legs of all things), since SEGA's Episode 4 rates were allegedly extremely low (much lower than here).

Possibly flags anything that could be considered really rare? Agito 1975 is not easy, although you obviously can't tell which Agito that is.

If I was you (and wanted to implement it since it was on SEGA), I'd just make it happen for anything you deem rare enough.

If you wanted to keep it from being too spammy, maybe you could limit it to showing announcements of the rares found by the members of your Team, rather than everybody on the server, or something.

I actually think it would be very cool to see whenever someone on the server found a rare. Maybe make it something that people can disable/enable with a server command. I always find it fun to know when someone else is finding some great items!

For reference, here's how the rare drop banner currently looks like:

Attachments

• global-drop-announcement.png
    global-drop-announcement.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 72
Back