A few questions from a new member

djsleeveless

Hello!

returning to this game after probably 10 years?! crazy!

I was wondering a few things:

1. how does one assign commands to the keyboard numbered shortcuts at bottom of screen? I haven't been able to figure it out, nothing in menus that I can see.

2. Is there a way to play the offline story or is online the only format? I was curious because of the offline mode quests that were available yielded special weapons you'd only be able to get from quests, plus offline mode was a little easier when playing alone.

3. so no more penalty for dying? doesn't that kinda take the risk out of the game? the whole permadeath thing with a hard account seemed way too nuts but I thought it odd that dropping weapon and money on death was gone.

4. I love crush40 as much as the next guy but is there a way to just get regular lobby and pioneer 2 music?

Thanks in advance!

1. how does one assign commands to the keyboard numbered shortcuts at bottom of screen? I haven't been able to figure it out, nothing in menus that I can see.

Register chat shortcuts with command words. Press Shift + F1~F12 to use them.

2. Is there a way to play the offline story or is online the only format? I was curious because of the offline mode quests that were available yielded special weapons you'd only be able to get from quests, plus offline mode was a little easier when playing alone.

Create a One Person Mode game. It has the Offline Mode quests on consoles.

3. so no more penalty for dying? doesn't that kinda take the risk out of the game? the whole permadeath thing with a hard account seemed way too nuts but I thought it odd that dropping weapon and money on death was gone.

In the old days, many players refuse to play quests like Phantasmal World 4 because of their fear of exp loss. Without this penalty, players are encourged to challenge difficult quests. Some people say in the late days of JP server SEGA canceled the exp loss penalty, which can't be comfirmed now.

1.that row of short cuts at the bottom the screen are chat shortcuts? they look like command shortcuts like in WoW.

2.how do you create a one person mode game? I've only been able to create a team game.

3. that makes sense.

Thanks for your answers so far.

1. Instead of hitting enter, hit 0-9 in customize.
2. It's a option when making a game instead of normal mode there is one play mode. Set drops to pso2 or classic or set difficulty.

Back