7th Anniversary Event Thread

Because the "balance" we strive for is something close to the original game. We are not striving for some sort of modern rebalance, or a "fun rebalance", this isn't the server for that.

If you didn't get anything from the event, there is nothing wrong with the event, you were just unlucky and it seems some people above may not be cut out for PSO if they're expecting guaranteed progress.

There will be no "improvements" (read: buffs) to this event, we are mostly happy with how it went this year.

I said this before on discord, but In the end I prefer my PSO to be another game that won't run away when I can't feed it. Progress will resume exactly where I left off.
The quality of the event being strong but not necessarily TOO strong has done a lot for me in terms of keeping the experience to a healthy sum. Last event was fun but I had to bust my ass on the sphere by running content I didn't enjoy, and the dopamine on some shitty digital item isn't worth it imo.

This time I got what I wanted: a nice fun gameplay experience while getting some goodies on the way, with the RNG being slightly in my favor (although I didn't get much of value, and yet I still got great income). And I did it whenever I effing wanted.

I had a blast during the event, everyone got together and I ended up playing with tons of new people.

My network also increased drastically so overall a really great experience for me for my first anniv event.

I prefer my PSO to be another game that won't run away when I can't feed it. Progress will resume exactly where I left off.

This is an excellent description of the problem I have with so many games these days. I didn't play a ton during this event and at first was feeling like I was wasting the opportunity, but then I realized how I'd been conditioned by modern online games to view events as piles of FOMO. And thank god PSO doesn't have "dailies" lol.

Had lots of fun this anni. Also the first anni I had friends fo play with. So definitely the best one yet for me ^_^
Your Youtube videos got me feeling nostalgic and they're the reason I signed up to play PSOBB for the first time a month ago (I'm from GameCube). I hope to run into you one day! The event definitely brings people together.

Back