50% shows up on weapon shop items far less often than it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Hi folks.

Awhile back someone made a post saying, "50% never shows up in the weapon shop anymore" and Soda posted a screenshot of an item with 50% showing up in the shop.

I concede that 50% will still show up OCCASIONALLY in the weapon shop, but it's far less often than it used to be. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that items with 50% on them show up probably about 20 times LESS often than they used to. Something definitely changed in the Pioneer 2 weapon shop about a year ago; perhaps longer. I think @Firkraag said it happened after a particular patch, but I don't know.

Before this issue happened, a typical shop visit by a high level character would provide usually several items with 50% on them. (Not always on hit, but often on attribute %s.) Most shop visits you would see at least ONE and usually SEVERAL instances of 50%. Now you will occasionally see one, but it's rare.

Something definitely changed. I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

I'm not asking for this for my own benefit. I've never charged PDs for 50% hit common weapons. I just liked stockpiling them to give to newer players. They almost never show up anymore. I derive zero benefit from this. I just know that, as someone who has visited the shop thousands of times over the years (I check it every time I'm on P2), that something changed awhile back.

And no, I don't have any data to back this up. Back when the shop WAS working properly, it's not like I ever thought to myself, "Gee, maybe I should take a bunch of screenshots in case this ever stops working." This is 100% based on intuition. I am willing to admit that. But I also stand to gain nothing from this being fixed since all of my common weapons have over 50% hit, anyway. I just know something is wrong and I'm trying to help.

Last edited:
Sadly i'm not around here for long enough to either objectively prove or disprove your hypothesis, however, in any case i'd trust the observation of long-time players..!

I've also noticed this myself, but like you I couldn't definitively prove anything. I thought it was possible that it was always this absurdly rare and that I must have been super lucky to have ever found Charge Arms with 50% Hit in the shop.

Ever since the patch where they made shop inventory vary by section id there has afaik never been a 50H weapon show up for anyone, at least not 50H with charge.

@Matt Said this was unintended last time I partook of a shop% discussion on Discord.

I've seen quite a few posts/threads about this topic over the past couple of years, but I haven't had the info to reply to them until now, so here goes...!

We don't know the structure of the .rel files used for the shop on GC/Xbox or any other way to read the shop's algorithm, so we (read: Soda) just wrote one that kind of seems to work close enough to how Sega's worked. It's never worked "right" with respect to the original game, because we don't have the original code for that. If anyone does have that or know exactly how it works, feel free to share it; otherwise, it's going to continue being imperfect and non-vanilla.

I will also add: 50% and 50 hit still shows up all the time, we've tested this by piping ourselves recently and it happens so... ???

Mew was once lurking this very same thread long ago...and to Quote Soda-Samas...." You all just have Shitty Luck!".XD! Mew, however Does miss the %50 hit shadow vulcs that 'Often' show up for her to hoard for others~! =3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back