2D Phantasy Star Online

Eggbert

Guildcard
Since you don't jump in this game, a 2D version could be playable. It would be cool to play a 2D version on an old NES.
Although monsters do fly and thus can't be hit by lower attacks, but I would think you could accomplish it by giving visual ques that the monster is flying out of reach.

In PSO, you automatically target enemies. So a 2D PSO as a Ranger would just be walk forward and spam the shoot button. ‘Cuz, you know, auto target.

In PSO, you automatically target enemies. So a 2D PSO as a Ranger would just be walk forward and spam the shoot button. ‘Cuz, you know, auto target.

I'm picturing it being the same game but the camera is looking top down. I say 2D, but in actuality it would be the same game, just from above with worst graphics.

I had spoken with an artist named Level2Select in the past about the concept. They seemed disinterested though. Here is some of their 2D PSO work.

QNh4ruQ.png

GeqTdnk.png

ash_test_by_art47-d5i32sh.gif

cd052e2d37d4f9bbecadf46ea1ba89b2-d5mj1yc.png

_phantasm_star_online____ash__by_art47-d65cbl1.gif

Maybe in the future I can convince them to collaborate with me on a 2D PSOBB client.

I'd imagine it being like Dragonica/Dragon Saga if anyone here's ever played that. Combo based, fast moving hack n slash, with quick instanced areas, only with PSO's drop system. It worked really well until of course the game was paywalled to death.

Since you don't jump in this game, a 2D version could be playable. It would be cool to play a 2D version on an old NES.
Although monsters do fly and thus can't be hit by lower attacks, but I would think you could accomplish it by giving visual ques that the monster is flying out of reach.
Shadows.

Back