Character Tier List?

Demon's Needle
Slicer of Fanatic
The fact that people won't spurg out if you attack something with em.

I'd say dmc helped every class but hucast who is just the same from it anyway.

Demon's Needle
Slicer of Fanatic
The fact that people won't spurg out if you attack something with em.

I'd say dmc helped every class but hucast who is just the same from it anyway.
Actually HUcast got better post DMC as well.
Gifoie/JZ used to mess with your DF killing stuff, and now it doesn't as much.
HUcast Multi target weapons got a "buff" as well.

There isn't a single class in the game who didn't get some sort of a "buff" post DMC.
I would say nothing changed in terms of tiers etc.

Last edited:
FOnewm maybe got the biggest boost because you can indiscriminately nuke now. Not enough to shake things up but it really helps.

Actually HUcast got better post DMC as well.
Gifoie/JZ used to mess with your DF killing stuff, and now it doesn't as much.
HUcast Multi target weapons got a "buff" as well.

That doesn't really make him better though. Though I'll admit I'm not sure what you mean by how his multi target weapons are buffed for him though.

That doesn't really make him better though. Though I'll admit I'm not sure what you mean by how his multi target weapons are buffed for him though.
It does make him better cause you die less

Do you not know how DMC works?

Hitting a target at the same time as another player causes DMC, It's quite a bit more likely with multi target weapons don't you think?

I give up arguing about DMC further.

I guess you're the more experienced individual.

Last edited:
It does make him better cause you die less
I don't see how that is on Hucast though that makes him "buffed" from it. Its buffing FOs and back up FOs cause they no longer have to pick n choose their J/Z/nuke moments and missing a foe for whatever reason on using j/z won't cost someone anything to recast j/z as well to hit the missed target.

Do you not know how DMC works?

Hitting a target at the same time as another player causes DMC, It's quite a bit more likely with multi target weapons don't you think?

I give up arguing about DMC further, I guess you're the more experienced individual.

I'm well aware that hitting a target at the same time caused DMC...but considering how Hucast was usually the one doing more damage the hucast player was the one telling the others to not target so they could just kill the things faster w/o issue.

That is my point on how every character but him was "buffed" from it. Though I guess one could see the other way on it and say that the top damage dealers were the ones who were really buffed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esc
While we are speaking of the dmc fix, can i ask if the solomode problem with mechgun and double saber dmc got fixed? I havent logged on in a while, and was just wondering.

Back on topic im wondering if someone could do a solomode only tier list.

I'll just say that HUcast is still a god at solomode.
RAmar is also really good.
Not sure beyond that since I haven't played solo mode much with the other characters.

While we are speaking of the dmc fix, can i ask if the solomode problem with mechgun and double saber dmc got fixed? I havent logged on in a while, and was just wondering.

Back on topic im wondering if someone could do a solomode only tier list.

I am pretty sure it was fixed, but now DMC is everywhere from my experience. Seems to be broken all-round now.

Hucast is great solo but I'd say a few characters can do better than him IMO. Zalure and Shifta 30 really let Fomar destroy stuff if given a chance. The only character that can out damage him per potential single hit (shifta on, zalure on foe) with base max atp (not factoring in twins) is Hunewearl and I personally like Ramarl more than Ramar but I'm well aware some folks like Ramar more. As far as living goes if that is needed it is super easy to live with Fomarl as well.

Here are their max atp possible in solo mode (all characters have red ring on, all casts have d.parts ver1.01 on)
The 1st number is their max atp with their best shifta if they got it, 2nd number is the best shifta they can cast on their own (so twins. Last I checked twins is 21 shifta/deband at best so even Hunewearl and Ramarl can boost from twins a bit).

Hucast 1898, 2282
Hunewearl 1685, 1701
Ramar 1634, 1732
Humar 1591, 1918
Ramarl 1561, 1576
Hucaseal 1518, 1823
Fomar 1498
Racast 1350
Fomarl 1307
Fonewn 1221
Racaseal 1175
Fonewearl 880

This is why I've said in the past that if I made a balance patch 5 of the characters would have atp nerfs (rangers of various amounts and hucast).

Poor Humar has a hard time to justify solo play use even. Only has level 15 techs for freeze. Only rifle range gun is holy ray which is hard for him to put on. Level 15 techs are mostly shit just in general. And until level 180 has lower ata than Hucast even cause he can't use robot parts.

Granted...at least level 15 zalure is overall better than a zalure handgun, even if the zalure from that is 21. Though it is worth it for Humar to pack zalure handgun even though he has zalure for major single target threats or just cause 15 zalure kind of has shit range and he has no way to buff it. Which is just sad.

Though at least it is easier for him to max his atp than Hucast lol.

Its really sad that Zalure doesn't even do much for him compared to Hucast as well. His Zalure damage compared to Hucast alone is lower. Granted that is more cause Hucast is broken atp wise rather than Humar being bad.

Granted I'd say Humar is still better at solo play than Racaseal, Hucaseal, and Fonewearl IMO.

Don't worry I made the actual tier list for pso bb, you can thank me later.

Attachments

• Pso bb tier list 100% legit.png
    Pso bb tier list 100% legit.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 86
I read this thread before seasons and went with a Hucast. I was not disappointed. I'd previously played a Ramarl and Humar and somewhat with a Fomar, and I had NO IDEA just how strong a Hucast was. Simply impressive ATP growth. I really thought I needed Shifta, but Matt's posts on the first few pages were dead on. once I got some mechguns with hit, I was rocking and rolling.

Next time there is a season I'll try a ramar or fonewm, but I'll always miss the ATP of the hucast. thank you for this thread and its advice!

Well, my Tier list is from best to worst:

1. FOnewearl, FOmarl, RAcaseal
2. FOmar, HUnewearl, HUcaseal
3. RAmarl, FOnewm
4. RAmar, HUcast, RAcast, HUmar

This is purely based on what I search for in a character and what I find the best character to play with in multiplayer and solo, as I get through it easier with a character I have fun with.
FOnewearl is just so versatile. Extra heal range to heal people in a party, her op Foie to blast Falz to death. Her high TP pool wich dont make you have to buy every second without adept/mana boosting items. Her piercing megid in ep2 and on lizards (op).
The ability to use a bringer with 50%Hit and a SoF with SnS, due to her quite high ATA. I think every class has its niche, it just depends on you what the best class is. IDK if I just spam rafoie on any force I can get through amazing solo without ever getting touched by enemies.
And any fo is op in ep 4 hahahaha.
+foney op in cmode and to MAS ep 4 through any difficulty to level new players :).

And you can go with 'what if someone doesn't want to be healed and you have the heal range'.
Well if you know how to play a force, there is a way to only heal yourself by buffering the heal before dropping down/using a animation.

So idk. At the same time I think sure, low HP users deal more dmg, but at the same time, most die so then its not as viable. Because it takes time to ress every time/buff again.

Like I said, it depends on the player what the best class is. Usually if you really love your class, you can beat yourself at playing any other class as the best. And just have fun. Any character can get through the game solo, because it was also intended to be able to play solo. But if you like team that's also possible on any character, because it is also possible for every character to play team. The main thing is to have fun.
All characters have their niche. There is no right or wrong. I have never hear anyone complaining in a run based on character class/saying a character is bad so they cant tag along. People usually even help you powerlvl.

Like I said, it depends on the player what the best class is. Usually if you really love your class, you can beat yourself at playing any other class as the best. And just have fun. Any character can get through the game solo, because it was also intended to be able to play solo. But if you like team that's also possible on any character, because it is also possible for every character to play team. The main thing is to have fun.
All characters have their niche. There is no right or wrong. I have never hear anyone complaining in a run based on character class/saying a character is bad so they cant tag along. People usually even help you powerlvl.

Definitely this. And honestly, as good as the top tiers are, sometimes I find myself being able to drag teams through missions easier on the supposed lower tiers due to their respective niches in said quest layouts. Gear also matters quite a bit. And, in retrospect, playstyles too. Knowing what kind of spawns people like to take or just how they react to spawns they don't know is something you'll acquire overtime playing with people, and its chill that way when you have a class that fills those roles (its why I like HUcl amongst the HUs for being able to switch roles pretty easily)

I usually have a hard time formulating a good tier-list just because its always at the bottom of things to consider imo. Even in games I've done competitively its somewhat iffy unless there's a clear-cut winner, which isn't so much the case in PSO because no class feels horrible. Tier lists are there when matchups and skill levels are equalized and much of it has to do with how inhumane some skill ceilings are too (I'm talking mistake-prone stuff like a very high-potential gimmick or something like a good sniper, whom are in theory actually top-tier but to get there you have to be almost freakish). Though, again, PSO ain't like that, and if everything clicks, my man PepsiBot is really, really good and its then you get why HUcts for example are always ranked so high.

Back