What Games Are You Playing?

Everything I play is on emulators because i'm too broke to afford retro consoles and games. Maybe there's an online mod?
Pretty much the Xbox version only has online, Dreamcast shut down servers, so I doubt there is an online mod unless if the emulator has netplay.

Pretty much the Xbox version only has online, Dreamcast shut down servers, so I doubt there is an online mod unless if the emulator has netplay.
I played this game in arcades, Dreamcast and Xbox360 in the past. I just found out recently that there was a netlink version of the Saturn port released only in Japan.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing Trails in the Sky, and it's quite possibly one of the best games ever made, at least in terms of story, characters and world building.

If you're into rich worlds and stories, you have to play it. I just finished the first game, and while it starts off slow, it really builds up for a blinder towards the end. Best writing and localisation I've ever seen in a game.

10/10.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero. As a driving game, it's pretty abysmal; the physics are a joke, Suzuki Cappuccinos and Honda Beats can somehow keep up with a tuned R34 GT-R, and the harder races are usually luck-based. However, there's something magical about this game... It's a very cool "Shuto Expressway Simulator" if that's a thing. Prowling the C1 for street racers to chop (and be chopped by), hitting 250MPH on the Wangan, strategically planning where to pick your battles based on your knowledge of the expressway... It shouldn't be as addicting as it is, yet I've watched many nights turn to mornings because of it.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SmartCornyDegu

I really want to like Forza Horizon, but when an early PS2 (and originally Dreamcast) game does the open-world car game better, there's a problem.

I'm back to shill Trails in the Sky.

I just finished the second game, and I still stand by my assessment that it's the greatest JRPG ever made. Both games together took me roughly 80 hours to do just the main storyline (!), and the writing and music is impeccable. The game actually invokes a very real sense of feeling and scale, something a game hasn't really done to me for a while. You always want to know what's happening next, and all the characters are fleshed out properly and you want to know about all their backstories.

So if you like JRPGs with d e e p story, buy this thing.

Apart from PSOBB, I've been playing a lot of Fallout Shelter on Steam, and I have been doing a "Hero of Hyrule" run on my 2DS (A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening).

I'll be playing Super Mario Odyssey next week. Amazon's not delivering it tomorrow, sadly.

I've been no-lifing Forza Motorsport 7 since it came out late September (Ultimate Edition). This game is too much fun.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero. As a driving game, it's pretty abysmal; the physics are a joke, Suzuki Cappuccinos and Honda Beats can somehow keep up with a tuned R34 GT-R, and the harder races are usually luck-based. However, there's something magical about this game... It's a very cool "Shuto Expressway Simulator" if that's a thing. Prowling the C1 for street racers to chop (and be chopped by), hitting 250MPH on the Wangan, strategically planning where to pick your battles based on your knowledge of the expressway... It shouldn't be as addicting as it is, yet I've watched many nights turn to mornings because of it.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SmartCornyDegu

I really want to like Forza Horizon, but when an early PS2 (and originally Dreamcast) game does the open-world car game better, there's a problem.
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 on the Dreamcast is probably my favorite arcade racer, very closely followed by Top Gear 2, NFSU2, and Burnout 1/2. I spent so many hours with my friends taking turns racing, fine tuning the cars, and hunting for the damn wanderers lol. The tuned Kei cars (AZ1, Cappucino, Beat) would definitely keep up with a tuned r34 just because of the power to weight ratio, but yeah the game is super arcadey. Also, THOSE TUNES MAN

The Horizon games aren't really arcade racers to me, they lean more toward an open world sim-cade driving game than an arcade racer so it's kind of hard to compare Horizon to games like TXR, NFSU, Burnout. To me, FH3 is a bit of a downgrade compared to FH2 because of the map. The Australia map is massive but there aren't any real tight winding "tracks" like in Horizon 2.

Currently playing Super Mario Odyssey with @ElenorCamuel and it's fucking amazing!! n.n I'm having an absolutely horrendous week and the game succeeded in cheering me up some, that's how good it is!

Been playing Destiny 2 with my boyfriend. It's a good time but would probably be having a lot less fun without him.

I've been playing Mario Odyssey and Culdcept Revolt. Culdcept is so good, wish more people played it.

Back