What's the story behind your name?

I've used Rythe as a name for... As long as I can remember? If memory serves I was mashing on the keyboard trying to get something that looked new to me and it was the first thing I came up with. Turns out it's half a name of a UK town and something like a salt water inlet in bay, the term commonly used in England? I usually end it with Maus because Rythe is a commonly taken UN for some reason, which was just a name I made about ten years ago to help people keep track of my alts in PWI.

Viridiana is a name I rather blatantly took from the Night Angel trilogy, I liked the character and the name so I started using it fairly regularly.

Marian is the name of a character in a book I've been working on off and on for a few years now, I just like the name.

My RAcast looks like someone shoved a hammerhead sharks head on a cast frame, so.

I "stole" my name from the Final Fantasy 7-Char Yuffie Kisaragi.
I tried to remember why i could have done it back in the Dreamcast days,
and i think its because i liked her way, appearance and way of fighting. Plus
wearing that huge shuriken.

Met a few people on this server which have
pretty annoying memories of her, due to the story of Final Fantasy 7.

Btw: my ava shows Yuffie, i liked it very much, im not totally sure but it must be
her outfit wearing in the movie FF Advent Children.

Interesting thread. I've been using this name in some form for about 10 years now. Its from the Pink Floyd album Meddle which contains my favorite song of all time: Echoes. Meddle > m3ddle > m3d. This form is pretty catchy and I use it when I can. People have a tendency to pronounce meddle as 'mee-dle' in games.

Shagami- (Sha-ga-me) was my misspelling of Shinigami way back when. I ended up sticking with it when I realized everyone at the time was using it. I now have an original character with that name and I have since learned that Shagami is a type of Crouching position.
Marron- picked it up from Sorcerer Hunters to use for my FOmar since I couldn't use Shagami as a name since the game censored "Shag"
My friends character name is ami and sometimes people try to say Shag-ami and its like no xD

i've used Honeydrew for a few years after my girlfriend at the time called me it once. because i liked honeydew the fruit and my name irl is drew so rocket science yeah. doesnt mean much.
note: the popular minecraft player Honeydew hurts me. youtube always hits me with the Showing results for "honeydew".
note: on many websites and communities i find that the name honeydrew is taken. very disappointing, makes me want to change it.
what should i change it to

sidenote: my character's name Crystaeve is my current girlfriend's name, Crysta Eve. yes i am stupid.

Kaiyre (Ky-REE) is my full name,

it has been butchered more times than I will ever be able to count so once i began college I began going by Kai with almost everyone (people STILL manage to spell it wrong, "Kia" like HOW????). anyway before it was just a nick name relatives or people I was closer to would call me by.

I hear kaikai as a joke here and there from people, so there ya have it!

So since we're also doing our PSO characters names I'll rejoin. I only have one and he's called after a character in Fire Emblem called Leagult. And when I make any other characters they'll be named after FE characters since I'm unoriginal and too lazy to come up with any original names.

Basically Kyu is just a shortened version of my original IGN on Schthack, Kyusune which was a name I just simply thought up off and figured that it sounded cool. Even regardless of how many different names I used for the laughs (or boredom) people still addressed me as Kyu and thus the name just stuck with me. Now the reason for the seven is because its my favorite number, I made it triple however because I felt like it.

The name reason was meant to be an ironic shitposting forum name.
On the Schtserv forums I made sure every post I made was somewhat retarded to keep the meme going.
It's a name that stuck, and really doesn't have real meaning anymore.

Last edited:
First online name was Blitzen, used in an MMO, but I lost access to my character and had to make a new one with a different name and I wanted something similar sounding so I went with Blizzard. Years later joined an online community where someone else already had a different name that shortened to Blizz, so everyone would call me Bliz to differentiate us. Eventually I got annoyed at how common and usually taken 'Blizzard' was when I'd join online games/communities so I just dumped it and started using Bliz as my full name since friends already knew me as that.

Back