Let's stop the toxicity, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probably that 2nd person you are writing about , i was hosting games with Rooket my Oran fonewearl.

I am sorry the situation went that way.

I tried to make you understand nicely on the first run that 2 forces were not necessary but you joined the following one eventhough.

Then I may have lost (a tiny bit) my temper and usual good behaviour.

You'are right , this is not a huge deal to have 2 forces in a party because after all, it's only a game.

Still, a team is way more efficient and quick with only one for the reasons fellow players explained you right above.

One thing is certain , i could have been nicer (because someone can always be) and more patient with you and for that I apologize.

No hard feelings here.

Last edited:
What's the sauce for this? It looks like it has the potential to be funny. (referring to the gif, clarifying since the reply didn't include it in the quote).
Well...there are no real "Official" rules to players being 'rude' or just plain 'abrasive'.....Doesn't stop mew from often going 'Rogue' and hasing a little "talk" wiff these kinda ppl >=3. They usually come around and end up becoming some of the most halpful players later! <3! As for the gif....mew picked it up somewhere years ago! NO IDEA what anime it came from tho. Just though it looked Apropo of a cat SLAPPING da Shyt outta some guy! XD!

This is always funny to me because if you are playing pubs then you are playing pubs. If you wanna play RTA and score some sweet sweet PSOstats high scores then thats certainly not something to do or expect in public matches. You cant really force someone to unjoin without seeming extremely rude. The game is already ZZZ easy af with the type of gear people run so much so it can become a competition to even land a hit at all. While I acknowledge that DMC is a thing, just because they are a FO doesnt mean they have to be spamming techs or that they wont be helping the party. A FO can also spam SoF, Demons mechs/hell, or bringers and essentially be as useful as any other class. Also in larger maps it can help to have 2 FOs using Z in seperate areas and debuffing more enemies faster for the other players to clean up if they are far apart.

Personally i think the game is so frickin easy that it should be ran at atleast anguish 1-2 all the time, as this barely even adds any time (it can actually SAVE time with spawns that take a while to fully spawn in like monest, hildelt, gibbles etc) and allows people to actually land hits instead of competing to do so. Also in anguish 3+ it can be beneficial to have 2 FOs spamming techs regardless of the DMC. This is because of the hitstun it causes and might even save time overall. This is all to not even mention the boosts that Anguish provides with the PD drop rate boost and untekked weapon boost often being unknown to many players, its more than worth it to run practically every quest in some flavor of it and makes the game more fun IMO for the reasons i listed above.

All in all were just here to have fun and play our favorite game, lets be nice and not be elitists unless you are in a private locked lobby, otherwise you have no credence in acting in a disrespectful manner.

Last edited:
Tldr: People are being rude about rooms having more than one FO.
see sometimes no fo.
But lol every day i see NO HUMAR. WHY? Because
Thats all.
Noone say why because they cant
On 4 party humar is better than hunewearl LOL.
But "PRO" dont triggered on that and so many trigers HUMAR - NO - BECAUSE.

Hunewearl - kk on 4, Humar - no.

have FO - have android for traps.
Another 2 slots doesnt matter.
PRO(no) so funny.

Pso make me laugh wit that "PRO" aspects.

This game is casual

No body else is addressing this, so I'm going to. This isn't twitter. Misusing words like "gaslighting" and calling people narcissistic because you don't agree with their actions is not how we all get along. Forcing your morals on someone else who's knowledge of the game exceeds yours is also not how we get along. No attempt to understand each other has been made here, and the only thing you're going to accomplish by treating people like you are the boss of how they must act, is to get ostracized into playing this game by yourself. As someone who intentionally avoids people, let me tell you, this game is hard to enjoy solo, which is why I often play for a couple weeks at a time then disappear for a year or so. I imagine it'd be even worse when you actually want people to play with, but cant because everyone you interact with has you blocked.

People establish communities around the things they love, you should not force your own rules on established communities. If someone is breaking the existing rules, screen shot it and contact a mod. If someone is *intentionally* harassing you, do the same. If you're upset just because you don't agree with something someone did, and you want to talk about it, there are people you can talk to (myself included if I'm around), but you should be just as open to understanding why something went the way it did, and not going "I don't like it, so it's wrong and narcissistic".

Finally, I'm not posting this to argue. Things go the way they do in this game for a reason, especially when it comes to things like Damage Cancelling. Is it wrong for people to just automatically assume you remember/even know about what causes certain things - kind of. It's something you learn by playing the game and doing research. Is it worth starting a thread that could be more negative than the situation you experienced? Absolutely not. It's not personal that they don't want a 2nd force, its a frustrating game mechanic that no one at the time thought would be an issue.

This "If I see you sharing your opinions in a negative way, I will call you out." Has no place anywhere, and does nothing but make you a target for trolls. Mods are here to enforce the rules, not someone who decides to take things into their own hands and turn a potential problem into a bigger mess than it has to be. Step away, take a few minutes to compose yourself, and move on. There's enough hatred in the world as it is, we don't need people creating more reasons to be hateful.

Yep this isn't twitter, but it's a forum where we can freely share our opinions and I will continue sharing mine. Thanks

My post was meant to highlight negative behavior, much like someone would call out various other offenses in society. Some people might not be aware of how their behavior affects others. If I can positively affect one person, my mission is complete.

Also, you don't have context to the conversation to make your first statement. I know what transpired and techniques that person employed. That person disregarded my feelings. That person tried to switch their negative behavior back on me like it I was the problem.

You don't have to agree with me.

And my morality consists of common decency. Don't mistreat me, because I'm here to enjoy the game. We all are.

And I'm not forcing rules, I'm offering constructive feedback. No one has to be better at communicating or being nice

I feel similarly, but I can't see the general behavior of that group of people ever changing, that mentality just seems to be considered standard fare from what I see.

It's a shame too, because it's really put me (and others I know) off from playing the game with new people. I can't imagine it's very healthy for a community so niche... but eh, I know my voice doesn't really mean much here all things considered.

I don't feel like PSO was ever meant to be a hardcore game where efficiency is particularly important. It always struck me as more of a chill thing where you jump in, meet people and fight some monsters together. Heck, I don't think I've ever even noticed damage cancelling occurring while playing with others. Oh well.

It's a shame too, because it's really put me (and others I know) off from playing the game with new people. I can't imagine it's very healthy for a community so niche... but eh, I know my voice doesn't really mean much here all things considered.

I don't feel like PSO was ever meant to be a hardcore game where efficiency is particularly important. It always struck me as more of a chill thing where you jump in, meet people and fight some monsters together. Heck, I don't think I've ever even noticed damage cancelling occurring while playing with others. Oh well.
Well, I hear you! I'm in 100% agreement with you.

PSO was definitely designed to be a casual game. The people who get so uptight about efficiency to the point that they are rude and push players away are people I'd rather have not playing on Ephinea, to be honest.

I firmly believe PSO is a game that you're supposed to log onto, chat, make friends, and casually go through the environments, taking your time and shooting the shit as you progress through each room and maybe, just maybe, get lucky with an item drop along the way.

I couldn't care less about damage cancel, times, and being optimal.

Stressing out about that stuff is just pointless, I'm just here to enjoy myself without thinking much and I see people who do stress out about that in, let's say, a not so good light...

But, to each their own. I can't tell you how to enjoy the game. You shouldn't tell others how to enjoy it nor should you attempt to enforce your playstyle on other people either.

I feel so strongly about this that I will say that if anybody makes you feel unwelcome in a party due to your class, gear or play style, you should feel free to report that person and we'll investigate and reprimand them if necessary. We'll even go as far as to ban them from the game should this be pattern behavior for them.

I'm also considering a rule that makes it against the rules to have an open game that doesn't allow anyone and everyone to join. If the game is open, it's open. Period. None of this "RES" or "NO XXX" bullshit.

If you want to reserve a game for particular people or particular classes, make that game with a password. Otherwise, don't complain about who joins, whether that be their class, play style, gear, etc.

Last edited:
I'm also considering a rule that makes it against the rules to have an open game that doesn't allow anyone and everyone to join. If the game is open, it's open. Period. None of this "RES" or "NO XXX" bullshit.

If you want to reserve a game for particular people or particular classes, make that game with a password. Otherwise, don't complain about who joins, whether that be their class, play style, gear, etc.
I agree with everything you said here, but I have to clarify/ask. The RES didn't come out of left field, it came to spawn of convenience and usually when people aren't in direct contact of another where passworded games become more valid as a tool. It became a mutually respected term and though sometimes misunderstood (due to language barriers mostly), barely anyone has any problem with this.

Though if you meant more in the lines of "if you're making an open game, you should half-expect people to join, so don't complain", then yeah, that goes without saying. I think if the rule is mostly on the complain side of things I respect it of course. But I reckon I'll be allowed to RES my games, ask politely if someone joined that didn't "belong", and be on our merry way (and if not its what it is right)?

Last edited:
I think the visible enemy HP bars making damage cancel far easier to spot might contribute to people getting more uptight about it. I've known about it for a long time but seeing it actually visibly happening has made me far more sensitive to it than in the past. I'm pretty much scared to cast offensive techs at all because I don't want to inadvertently be the cause.

I feel similarly, but I can't see the general behavior of that group of people ever changing, that mentality just seems to be considered standard fare from what I see.

I think its important to voice this kinda feeling in the community to be honest. I'm very much a meta player (well sort of, I main HUcl afterall) but I leave it up to the player how they wanna play. I've been and seen a lot of toxicity from various games but PSO toxicity in particular pisses me off for some reason.

Rest assured, people sometimes don't really recognize what they inflict and aren't necessarily trying to be rude, they're generally cool people. At the same type, voicing your opinion/experiences can be an eye opener to them.

Last edited:
@RazakelKairo , it's the sweaty-ness.
Imagine sweating in a game this old. Everyone who is still playing this game is playing the game the way they want to.
And even in PSOBB, a game that you can literally clear with the most basic gear, and no competitive scene . . . we still need to deal with sweatlords who want's everyone to play for them because of their misplaced entitlement and ruin the vibe of an event that is supposed to strengthen the community.

I'm not going to sugar coat anything. I don't know or care about anyone here. Hell, the only ones I care about are the people who are running this server so I can enjoy this game again. I am very new to the server, and I have been having a blast playing with my IRL friends, and getting that nostalgia rush!

So yeah, it does rub people the wrong way when the grease gets spread by the sweat pouring from your faces. The game was made, and designed with intent to be played however I want.
You don't like it?
Make a private game.

@RazakelKairo , it's the sweaty-ness.
Imagine sweating in a game this old. Everyone who is still playing this game is playing the game the way they want to.
And even in PSOBB, a game that you can literally clear with the most basic gear, and no competitive scene . . . we still need to deal with sweatlords who want's everyone to play for them because of their misplaced entitlement and ruin the vibe of an event that is supposed to strengthen the community.

I'm not going to sugar coat anything. I don't know or care about anyone here. Hell, the only ones I care about are the people who are running this server so I can enjoy this game again. I am very new to the server, and I have been having a blast playing with my IRL friends, and getting that nostalgia rush!

So yeah, it does rub people the wrong way when the grease gets spread by the sweat pouring from your faces. The game was made, and designed with intent to be played however I want.
You don't like it?
Make a private game.
This is the biggest question I have. Why not just make a passworded game? The tools to exclude playstyles/skill levels/whatever you want are available to you. It takes two seconds to slap a password onto the game when you make it. So why not use them?

This is the biggest question I have. Why not just make a passworded game? The tools to exclude playstyles/skill levels/whatever you want are available to you. It takes two seconds to slap a password onto the game when you make it. So why not use them?
Because it's not black-or-white like that when put in practice. People whom are in contact on discord, friends, teammates or people meeting on specific lobby's have an easier time to password their games, and I highly recommend them to do so. But RESSED games often comes when people meet up accidentally, find out they really really like the group they're playing, and decide to want to commit with that group (this is how people made friends in this game). In theory it should be easy to make a passworded game for that group specifically, but it tends to fall flat when not everyone has a chatlog addon built in and nobody's really reading the in-game one. Thus, in combination with language barriers and what not, what you're left with is missed oppertunities for tagging along with a group you really like. Hence, people just RES to make the whole process a lot easier.

I'm not defending people whom are being toxic. I've largely defended most of the newer players I've seen being ridiculed in-game (which didn't happen a whole lot, thankfully), and I don't even have a single person on my blacklist. But I'm asking if a source of convenience is going to be ruled against or if I'm (hopefully) correct in the sense that its just the toxicity that's going to be ruled against with the room-name being an example, of which I'm totally in for.

Last edited:
I think the visible enemy HP bars making damage cancel far easier to spot might contribute to people getting more uptight about it. I've known about it for a long time but seeing it actually visibly happening has made me far more sensitive to it than in the past. I'm pretty much scared to cast offensive techs at all because I don't want to inadvertently be the cause.
Take 45-60 minutes killing Vol Opt on hard in a party, when you just solo'd him way faster, and you'll noticed without hp bars ;).

Edit:
@WATERBALLOONS No one here is out to get you, personally. And since your final statement contradicts almost your entire OP, I'm wont try to point you in the right direction again; you've shown what I suspected is happening and I wont be a part of it. I gave you game related info that directly explains the negativity (and I'm not defending it, I merely provided an example as to why someone would be frustrated by it), as well as points that your statements are more strongly worded than they should be, and you countered it with claims that I don't have enough context to make the assessment I made, and worded your response in such a way as to make it seem that *I* personally some how mistreated you by trying to prevent an escalation (even if you don't mean it that way, that's how it looks to me).

And yes, people can always strive to learn to communicate better and be better people, there's absolutely no reason why anyone shouldn't be when they're involved in a community based game. But there's also times to step back and go "Okay, this person is in too deep, I'm not drowning with them". Good luck on your future endeavors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back