PSO2 drop style questionnaire for the community

Answering your questions:

1. Would you play Blue Burst if PSO2 drop style was not implemented?
Yes, I just like to play PSO, no matter what the dropstyle is.

2. If PSO2 drop style was removed tomorrow, would you continue to play despite the QoL loss?
Yes, as I said. I like PSO no matter the dropstyle.

3. Does your enjoyment of the game hinge on PSO2 drop style or not?
Yes, although I won't stop playing if it changed. I do prefer PSO2 drops significantly and made me choose Ephinea over Schthack back in 2016.

The other system I mean is: The game rolls drops for each enemy, and each drop is then duplicated to all players.

That would be cool AF IMO

The feature that has changed a year or two ago on this server is the fact that if the host leaves his room, the SID changes to the 2nd person that has joined. For me, that was a negative change and perhaps a cataclyst of playing less PSO (although I am not entirely sure of the latter).

Last edited:
The feature that has changed a year or two ago on this server is the fact that if the host leaves his room, the SID changes to the 2nd person that has joined. For me, that was a negative change and perhaps a cataclyst of playing less PSO (although I am not entirely sure of the latter).
This was done simply because the system of the ID being fixed on creation is not how PSO has ever worked.

In reality, the SID system as a whole is all sorts of messed up and shouldn't exist in my opinion, but it's peak PSO so it's not something that will be changed.

This was done simply because the system of the ID being fixed on creation is not how PSO has ever worked.
I have seen this argument before and although I know it is true for official SEGA servers, it wasn't for about 2.5 years on Ephinea. As WoW Classic is not the same as WoW Vanilla, the same can be true about PSOBB en PSOBB Ephinea. In my opinion, the given argument doesn't stand since Ephinea has changed a lot compared to the official SEGA servers. HBR, new quests, SID changes once in a while to name a few. There is nothing wrong with PSOBB Vanilla with a bit of chocolate sprinkles and the lobby SID was a nice addition to that. Maybe you can make a poll and check what the community wants?

In reality, the SID system as a whole is all sorts of messed up and shouldn't exist in my opinion, but it's peak PSO so it's not something that will be changed.
Yeah, you will have to overrule the entire foundation which PSO is build upon. That is not going to happen.

1. No
2. No
3. Yes

If drops were shared I would be reduced to playing mostly solo, as this would be the more efficient way to hunt. Soloing isn't something I enjoy and I would likely be gone within a week.

Random players would prioritize rushing to any rare drop over effectively dealing with enemies. If I'm hunting an item for a year only to see someone grab it right in front of me..

I've played every iteration of this game since Dreamcast, Ephinea as it is today, is the best one.

1. Would you play Blue Burst if PSO2 drop style was not implemented?
2. If PSO2 drop style was removed tomorrow, would you continue to play despite the QoL loss?
3. Does your enjoyment of the game hinge on PSO2 drop style or not?

1. No
2. Probably not
3. Not entirely

I've only been here for a few weeks because I got the itch to pick up PSO again and start a new character, but I initially played for a day or so on Gamecube because I didn't know if I wanted to pick up BB. I had played BB all the way back to the beta test and frankly I didn't really feel like it was the version of PSO for me, so I dropped it in very short order. I did continue to keep up with the PS series though (I played quite a bit of PSU online for a while on PS2). Things like PSO2 drop style and proximity-based EXP were very important in my decision to begin playing here. Otherwise BB itself offers very little to me. Were they gone, I don't know that I'd drop this version on the spot, but I can see myself falling off quickly as it becomes more annoying to play. If I wanted to play PSO with the base mechanics, I'd just go grab my old Gamecube characters and head to another server with them. QoL improvements are what brought me here instead.

I haven't been around these parts in a while... Hope everyone has been well!

Late response to this, but I wonder - when asking a poll like this, shouldn't you avoid telling people how most people responded? It seems saying something like that could influence the responses in some way.

PSO drop rates have always been whacky. I played the game for nostalgia, and because it was fun to kill absurd amounts of monsters very quickly. This game hasn't really been mysterious in a long time. It's been picked apart and figured out to ridiculous levels. There's not really an awe in finding something rare, because we've already seen it, had it, used it, and min-maxed the living hell out of it.

Just my opinion, but I'll always have that nostalgia for PSO, at least.

Back