Damage cancel seems worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
This isn't really a bug so I didn't post it in the bug forum. It's a known issue and part of the game.

I know for awhile there damage cancel was "fixed" and then it got "unfixed" and I have no idea what all of that was about. However, damage cancel has gotten several times worse ever since the main ship changed to Auldrant. There used to be a little bit on Fodra, but I'm seeing enemy HP bars bounce back up several times, sometimes doing 3x more than the enemy's HP in damage before it dies. This is more like how Schtserv was and it was frustrating.

I don't think this is a latency thing because my latency on Fodra was 70 and it's about 95 on Auldrant, so that shouldn't cause 3x more DMC. I really think something is coded differently on Auldrant.

Has anyone else noticed this? And is this something that could be looked into?

Thanks for all you do, team!

(I have have over-thought the whole Bug Forum thing, so if this is more appropriate there, feel free to move it. Thanks.)

Last edited:
It certainly cant help that what damage you do end up dealing is negated almost entirely by other players, but that's just a biproduct of people playing the game I guess.

Part of this is the unfortunate issue of being incapable of telling players to stop spamming attack techniques or lesser damaging moves. Forces in particular have this issue. Where they'll be spamming with their attack techniques or using inferior damaging attacks. Yes, they have a right to play how they want, but you also have a right to tell them to cut it out so a 10 minute quest doesn't take 35 minutes because of DMC because that one FOmar won't stop firing their VISE. It's annoying.

In my personal experience, I've only ever experienced as much DMC as I usually get. I play GC primarily, and the DMC there isn't really that bad (but that could be because of many things), and I experience about the same level of DMC here as I do on GC.

I've heard varying reasons for undoing the Fix, from it not working right, to dmc actually making the game function better because it lets monsters live longer for people to have fun and be able to hit them, but I haven't seen anything about it from the actual staff so I'd take those with a grain of salt.

It is annoying to have to play around dmc and learn timings for peoples specific playstyle every game, I'll say that at least. I've done tons more solo because of it since I came back, much more than I ever did since Eph started. I'm not sure what the problem was particularly because it functioned fine before I took a extended break. I've noticed even my special activations getting knocked off because of the change, which is weird and shouldn't be a thing but it is. o_o

@Ade dmc seems to be really worse atm, noticed the same as you, bouncing hp bars :/
was to tired to realize if it was the same thing with European players on lumi -.-,have to recheck this the next time I have the change to bring a party on lumi

I remember there was a near-perfect version of the fix a year or two ago, but it had the unfortunate side effects of causing monsters to flinch even when not being hit, and some mechgun self-dmc. I remember that one being disabled at some point.

Not sure of the current iteration of the fix, I'll get more info and test it out a bit on each ship. It's also toggleable with /damagecancel.

I remember there was a near-perfect version of the fix a year or two ago, but it had the unfortunate side effects of causing monsters to flinch even when not being hit, and some mechgun self-dmc. I remember that one being disabled at some point.

Not sure of the current iteration of the fix, I'll get more info and test it out a bit on each ship. It's also toggleable with /damagecancel.

Wait...is this something we can do? I'd take a bit of self-mechgun DMC if it meant not having to kill monsters 3 times to kill them once. I'm glad to know other players think it's gotten worse. It's definitely MUCH worse than it used to be.

Maybe it's because lately there seems to be less 'good' (by which I mean long-term experienced) players around. Thus DMC is more of a problem.

Aside from that baseless assumption, I haven't noticed any difference to how it has always been.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because lately there seems to be less 'good' (by which I mean long-term experienced) players around. Thus DMC is more of a problem.

Aside from that baseless assumption, I haven't noticed any difference to how it has always been.

This only started happening after the main ship switched to Auldrant and it happened plenty during the event. I played with plenty of great players during that time.

One of the fixes that worked well introduced tons of self-DMC. It was really noticable with Double Sabers (and Mechguns). Some characters were not able to combo-kill some monsters consistently with it due to one or two hits missing. It was less of a problem for the "broken" characters, of course.

It sucked and "regular" DMC is, sadly, better than that.

Auldrant is terrible for EU-players due to the distance. Playing on Lumi and playing on Auldrant are two completely different experiences. Is the DMC on Auldrant bad even when you play with US-players only?

One of the fixes that worked well introduced tons of self-DMC. It was really noticable with Double Sabers (and Mechguns). Some characters were not able to combo-kill some monsters consistently with it due to one or two hits missing. It was less of a problem for the "broken" characters, of course.

It sucked and "regular" DMC is, sadly, better than that.

Auldrant is terrible for EU-players due to the distance. Playing on Lumi and playing on Auldrant are two completely different experiences. Is the DMC on Auldrant bad even when you play with US-players only?

Yes. It's just overall much worse than it used to be. The server used to have very little DMC with little HP bouncing on the enemy HP bars, but it's SEVERAL times worse now. I'm positive.

All the ships use the same code. Also, nothing has been changed in the damage cancel code. Only difference from before is that Auldrant is the new top ship vs. Fodra. Auldrant is also located in a different part of the US.

If you experience more DMC than usual on Auldrant, play on a different ship or type /damagecancel to turn off the DMC code and play the game without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back