Your PSO history...

Sega went nuke em all in PSU?

Damn did that bite them in the ass?

It did. All the US servers went down about 3 months later. Surprise... ban 2/3rds of the population with a mass nuke to "prevent hacking" and you lost all your business. Weird...

Yeah they had this algorithm that detected if you had ever been in a game with a hacked item. The problem was... you could join random parties and there was no way to view their gear before you joined. So you'd accidentally join a game with some hacked equipment and promptly leave. But you already got flagged and got hit when they sent out the bans. They also weren't temp bans... they were permabans... on your home address. It was really all such a huge shame.

Last edited:
It all began in... 5th grade? Someone brought a gaming magazine to school which had a huge feature on PSO Episode 1+2 in it, pics/stats/info on all the rares in the game... cool information about the game itself. I had to have it.

Sadly, my parents weren't really interested in spending the money on a game, a broadband adapter (gamecube), and paying a monthly subscription fee all for the sake of a game. I eventually convinced my ma to buy just the game for me, but I was limited to playing offline and reading about all the cool stuff people were doing online on various forums.

Summer 2009 I think?... I discover Schthack and my brother and I spend the whole summer staying up irresponsibly late making up for what we couldn't have during our childhoods. I'll never forget both of us hooking our laptops up to 50 inch TVs in different rooms and yelling across the house to coordinate things. He was RAmarl, I was FOmarl, and the community helped get us up to speed and geared up for everything Ultimate had to throw at us. I vividly remember screwing up my sleep schedule so badly by staying up progressively later each day, that it actually came back on itself and I was sleeping at normal times again @_@

Summer 2010... Brother has moved onto WoW private server stuff, I'm still playing PSO. The best event ever seen on Schthack was taking place. Weapon specials got mixed up... the community banded together to make sense of the craziness... and those massive+on crack Hildetrolls were one-shotting even the highest level players. I would wake up super early to hunt Hildetrolls for a moment, go to dance practice at 5AM, then play a few more hours when i got back home at 3PM. This was, in my opinion, the best experience i had with PSO. Everything came together so nicely all at once - you'd think Sega was behind it all. I think there might have even been close to 400 people online at some points, and entire blocks were getting completely filled up.

After that, I played on and off, always hoping for another great event like that. Summer 2011 rolled around... nothing. Half-assed mini-events that barely seemed to happen came and went, but nothing ever sent the whole server into a tizzy the same way again, at least not in good ways. After that, we all know what happened...

It's been years since I played PSO, and here I am once more.

For nostalgia's sake, this is the one screencap I could find from back then, this must've been around 2012 ish. Good damn times, those...
50Ouh.jpg

It all began in... 5th grade? Someone brought a gaming magazine to school which had a huge feature on PSO Episode 1+2 in it, pics/stats/info on all the rares in the game... cool information about the game itself. I had to have it.

Sadly, my parents weren't really interested in spending the money on a game, a broadband adapter (gamecube), and paying a monthly subscription fee all for the sake of a game. I eventually convinced my ma to buy just the game for me, but I was limited to playing offline and reading about all the cool stuff people were doing online on various forums.

Summer 2009 I think?... I discover Schthack and my brother and I spend the whole summer staying up irresponsibly late making up for what we couldn't have during our childhoods. I'll never forget both of us hooking our laptops up to 50 inch TVs in different rooms and yelling across the house to coordinate things. He was RAmarl, I was FOmarl, and the community helped get us up to speed and geared up for everything Ultimate had to throw at us. I vividly remember screwing up my sleep schedule so badly by staying up progressively later each day, that it actually came back on itself and I was sleeping at normal times again @_@

Summer 2010... Brother has moved onto WoW private server stuff, I'm still playing PSO. The best event ever seen on Schthack was taking place. Weapon specials got mixed up... the community banded together to make sense of the craziness... and those massive+on crack Hildetrolls were one-shotting even the highest level players. I would wake up super early to hunt Hildetrolls for a moment, go to dance practice at 5AM, then play a few more hours when i got back home at 3PM. This was, in my opinion, the best experience i had with PSO. Everything came together so nicely all at once - you'd think Sega was behind it all. I think there might have even been close to 400 people online at some points, and entire blocks were getting completely filled up.

After that, I played on and off, always hoping for another great event like that. Summer 2011 rolled around... nothing. Half-assed mini-events that barely seemed to happen came and went, but nothing ever sent the whole server into a tizzy the same way again, at least not in good ways. After that, we all know what happened...

It's been years since I played PSO, and here I am once more.

For nostalgia's sake, this is the one screencap I could find from back then, this must've been around 2012 ish. Good damn times, those...
50Ouh.jpg
Ahhhhhh yes.... the GIANT Hildetrolls mew affectionately called "Crono-torrs!". To this day mew remembers seeing one for the first time out in F2 large central area...she was the first to see it while we were all in an adjacent room. Saw this one crazy fast moving yellow blip on the mini map and like an idiot ran out there to confront it.....Alone. Think mew was in her high 190's at that time and she still got ONE SHOT Bi#ch Slapped! So, while laying there contemplating how cool the grass felt in places that it shouldn't be touching...Where was mews companions?? ALL THREE of them were in the doorway looking out at the torr doing Rock, Paper, Scissors trying to see Who goes out to res their mew mew??? X'D,',! *sighs* Good times!.... <3

My original introduction top PSO was back in the DC days. I had an uncle who was and still is an avid gamer. I was in the 7th grade and was often with him when he played. I would play for him when he was busy or sleeping. We built a HUMAR named SS Wayrudo. Of course, this was back in the game genie and other cheat engine days. I briefly purchased a hunter's license and played PSU on my Xbox but quickly grew tired of it. While on deployment, I came across some forum for PSO and they recommended this server. I have been playing since February and I have no plan to stop yet. History unfolded.

Psodc: (watched older Bro play, and tried a little).
Psopc: played a whole bunch but only for a month before BB release
Psogc: offline only.
Psobb official: played an insane amount and have a gazillion stories.
Schthack: Didn't play as much as Sega, but a decent amount, eventually got a 200 after 8-10 years. Played lots of cmode.
Ultima: made account and tried to play a few times, got decent levels, basic gear, but lack of cmode or English speakers left me feeling bored and alone so I never played heavy.
Eden: made account, played with a friend time to time.
Ephinea: and here we are.

Also played a few random non-mainstream servers in between which never hit off.

It's super interesting to me to see how many people got hooked on PSO just because of the Tails Chao. That crossover really worked in Sega's favor, huh
This is the reason I found out about PSO too actually.

Looked up the Tails Chao in 2010 because I was raising Chao in SA2B, and found SCHTServ as a result.

It was near when the Dreamcast version came out. My friends brother had it at the time, and I watched him play and fell in love with it. Got a Dreamcast and PSO for my birthday and was hooked. Had the keyboard and 4 or 5 VMUs for characters. Later bought ver2 for DC and then Ep 1&2 for GC. I remember playing a bit of BlueBurst on my PC at the time of release, as well. Didn't get into PSU or Ep3.

Back