Xj Conversion Notes

I was just about to send you a message after seeing your post on Pso-World. If you need any help with extracting assets let me know. Stage models exports are still in the early stages, I'll be playing around with applying textures, and culling, so we'll see if/when I make progress on that end.

So far I've exported a couple key animations such as walking, running, shooting. I'll use these to cut down on animating time and I'll hand animate more complex moves like jumping, rolling, etc. Take your time on the stages. I've been going through all 341 player animations to pick what I need as I want to make sure I understand everything on these models before I begin animating.
I have run into some problems though. I've been searching through my folders looking for the weapons,items but can't seem to find any and if I do they are .xj files. I apologize if I haven't been understanding everything you've been posting but how would I view these? They're similar to .nj no?

Last edited:
I've been searching through my folders looking for the weapons,items but can't seem to find any and if I do they are .xj files. I apologize if I haven't been understanding everything you've been posting but how would I view these? They're similar to .nj no?

For weapons, right now the easiest thing to do is use PSO version 2 as all of the weapon models are in ItemModel.afs as .nj files. For .xj files, I can parse out most of the information from the file, and have managed to get some half decent model exports, but nothing complete yet. If I can get some half decent textures applied to stages, then my next step will be to go back and take another look at xj.

After getting stage exports fatigue caught up with me and I was out of it for about a week. For the models, I skipped over vertex normals, textures, vertex colors and indices alpha in favor of rendering the vertexes and faces correctly. So I need to go back to .nj and start adding those in.

Also I tried using enclose.js to make some exe files for some of the utils I've made. There's afs.exe, bml.exe, and gsl.exe. You can just drag and drop the corresponding extension into the exe and it should extract. Side note, I think the exe just calls Nodejs internally so I think you'll need that installed for these to work.

If NodeJS is anything like Python, it should be possible to build a self-contained exectuable that doesn't require the user to install the language separately. Whether your exe creation method does that, I don't know.

Just so you know nothing you do is going to waste. This is just a short clip of what I've been piecing together. There is a lot more to be done. I haven't been able to get Kion's rel export working so I have no backgrounds yet. The models were rendered in geometry to save rendering time. Some clips have text added to them while others do not this is because I was fooling around with adobe after effects to which I have little experience in. I apologize to anyone who can read Japanese kanji.
The song is Angels with Burning Hearts if you remember it from the PSO missions and PSO2.

I guess I'm not surprised the exe doesn't work on its own. For that to realistically work I think I'd need to package node.exe with the source and a bat file or something. Try downloading the github repository, unzip it, copy the map file into the same folder as rel.exe and then drag and drop it from there. If that doesn't work then I'll try putting it up on NPM.

As for the textures and stuff, idk realistically it might take until March to get all of that stuff applied and working. So don't expect anything on that end too soon. If you need something as a placeholder with textures, then I think my port of Schthack's map viewer exported an mtl file, but the structure of the map wasn't entirely correct.

Actually, that's Katakana and not Kanji. :p But what's wrong with "Cheeseburger"? :D
Haha, I'm sure you'll see plenty more Katakana as the video develops.

Try downloading the github repository, unzip it, copy the map file into the same folder as rel.exe and then drag and drop it from there. If that doesn't work then I'll try putting it up on NPM.
Nope, nothing.

Don't worry about when the textures are available. I don't think this project will be completed until mid summer maybe later.

I haven't had time for anything related to my project. Analysis classes have me drowning in work. Here's a photo.

Attachments

• picHU0014.jpg
    picHU0014.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 85
Totally forgot about this topic :eek:

Give sexy new in-game models pls

Thanks for the answer ScoobyDew. MIA? i´m not english, whats mean of MIA?
Well, i did search for PSO_ToolSet and looked in Kion Github page but didn´t found nothing about pso_tools...

Thank you again.
MIA is missing in action. No one knows where he is.

As for the Ninja_lib I think Kion took it down. Some one probably has it backed up though.

Back