Xbox Pso Modding

jdon1

Hello, this seems to be the only website for pso thats still active. that ive found anyway.
I've recently purchased a new xbox and installed pso game to the hard drive which i can access through an FTP program. I can access all the files of the game.
I used to mod halo2 maps and there were some awesome programs to mod game data.
I would like to make some changes to pso if its possible.
are there any sort of programs that i can use to make changes?
I've looked around on google and I heard of a patch that lowers drop rates and some other nice things does anyone here know about this?

The main mod for PSOX is replacing the offline story quests with online quests, since you can't go online to play them. You need a fake gamertag on your HDD for PSOX to even let you play offline mode, though.

I have a patched default.xbe (below) that allows you to play offline.
I no longer have an Xbox to test it on, but you can try it out for yourself (at your own risk).

Attachments

• PSOX.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 62
Oh cool, somebody finally made a proper patch for that. Now if only somebody would make a patch to disable the XBL requirement, we could bring it back online. :p

I have the "FAKE GAMERTAG" patch so I can play the game. That was pretty easy to figure out. Any idea's on where to get started for editing game content?

what code was the game written in? is there a client that can decode text? was trying to use a hex editor

Oh cool, somebody finally made a proper patch for that. Now if only somebody would make a patch to disable the XBL requirement, we could bring it back online. :p
some guys in the crbx reloaded xbox modding community were trying to reverse engineer the original xbox live and one guy actually managed to successfully get past the authentication handshake but he was promptly hired by microsoft and sworn to secrecy. there has been no progress since. tunneling system link is still currently the only way to play original xbox games online but only if they have system link capability which psox does not.

as for the game's code i hear it's mostly the same as other versions. in fact i have heard that psobb was based on the xbox version as there are remnants of xbox pso's voice chat icons in psobb game code. also episode 4 content can be ported to the xbox version on a modded xbox.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find a reference to every version.

I think ST at one point stated the game was based on the Xbox port, which made sense considering the Xbox was closer to a PC than the Gamecube. Less work involved.

Back