Xbox One Controller Issues

I have been trying to get my xbox one controller to work in game, but it only partly works on the title menu, and once I'm in game and try to change controller bindings it doesn't register any inputs. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Hiya.

Few things spring to mind.

Steam overlay had this exact effect for me as you describe. If you got it open might be worth closing it. It hooks onto the controller and can override the config.

If it's not Steam running or hooking your controller input have you got anything running like Virtual joystick or Antimicro?

Let us know and we'll continue to help out.

I made sure that I had steam closed when trying to get the controller to work, and I didn't have anything like Virtual Joystick or Antimicro running.

I have the same issue with many inputs from a X1 controller.

Personally I use JoyToKey to make the controller inputs use the keyboard inputs where necessary. As an added bonus, I've been able to use the 0~9 shortcuts by setting them to right stick inputs, combined with the right trigger/CTRL. Photon blasts do get in the way of half of them, when waiting to be activated.

I have been trying to get my xbox one controller to work in game, but it only partly works on the title menu, and once I'm in game and try to change controller bindings it doesn't register any inputs. Does anyone know how to solve this?
You have another device that is registering as your player 1. That's why you only do some things in the title screen it thinks you are player 2.

Make sure you have the other controller or device being seen as a controller unplugged. I use to have a media controller keyboard that would show as gamepad and the same thing happened to me. Hope this helps.

Back