Xbox One controller issues? Windows 10? Solution here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
As quoted from http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229972

Download the "PC drivers for Xbox One Controller" from here. (x64 if you have a 64-bit system, x86 if you have a 32-bit system)
Install them onto your system using the .msi you just downloaded.
Now, go into Control Panel>"Printers & Devices."
Right click the controller, go to "Properties," then hit the "Hardware" tab; you should see three items.
Click on "XBox One Controller," hit "Properties," hit "Change Settings," then go to the "Driver" tab.
Hit "Update Driver," then "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list...," uncheck "Show compatible hardware," then select "Microsoft XBox One Controller." A warning will pop-up, but continue anyway.
Do the same and change "XINPUT compatible HID device" to "HID-compliant input device".
Restart, and it should work now.

The main problem is the newest update of the Xbox controller drivers have changed it from a HID-compliant device to a native XINPUT device. PSOBB doesn't know how to handle XINPUT. You need to downgrade or switch the driver mode in order for PSOBB to work properly with your controller.

So I have Windows 10 but a 360 pad and PSOBB is not detecting my 360 pad, works fine in modern games. Should I try to follow the above guide as best I can?

I'm using a Logitech F310 gamepad. And it's detected on Direct Input, but somehow the X button is treated as the A button and I can't find any way for that to be corrected.

Hello, I have a similar issue that may have been addressed. If so, please point me in that direction. I am trying to play Oblivion using an Xbox One controller by Powera. I'm on a Windows 10 and have installed joytokey only for the right toggle and rt and lt buttons (I tried using it for all at first but when that didn't work I just went to using the native joystick setup in oblivion, but now I need joytokey for those other buttons because I can't even look around without my mouse). Joytokey seems to work fine until I click away from it or minimize it. I have tried running as administrator, choosing XP for compatibility, nothing works to resolve this. Please help if you can.

First, try using xpadder. If the game supports a game pad natively it should work well. Failing that, do what the op says (you'll probably end up doing it) I should mention that the controller I use is a xbone as well, but it's a Microsoft wired one.

First, try using xpadder. If the game supports a game pad natively it should work well. Failing that, do what the op says (you'll probably end up doing it) I should mention that the controller I use is a xbone as well, but it's a Microsoft wired one.
Thanks. I'll pay the $10 for Xpadder. I tried the older free version of it but that didn't work either.

I paid the $9.99 and it was worth it cause it works like a charm, thanks Nyte!! Really appreciate your time.

Don't fork out money for Xpadder - it only emulates a keyboard and mouse! Use Xinput Plus to have your 360 controller emulate a DirectInput one and it'll work perfectly with PSO. As an added bonus you can use it to assign the triggers to buttons, which will let you use them in the game.

I use xpadder and it lets me use the triggers for buttons. I use them to cast jellen and zal on fo or traps on cast.

This isn’t workin for me. My pc sees the controller fine and I can test it and see all the buttons working when I launch psobb only a and x work for me to select and deselect.

I followed the steps above and it still isn’t working for me. I’m using it wired currently.

This isn’t workin for me. My pc sees the controller fine and I can test it and see all the buttons working when I launch psobb only a and x work for me to select and deselect.

I followed the steps above and it still isn’t working for me. I’m using it wired currently.
having the same problem. played PSOBB back in April 2017 with Xbox 360 and Steam controller worked fine. fully patched Windows 10 Alienware 15 R2 machine. a second Dell laptop with Windows 10 also worked- no driver modifications required.

now for the first time in months fired it back up December 2017, neither the Steam controller nor the Xbox 360 controller work only in PSOBB. also just bought a PS4 Controller- it doesn't work in PSOBB either but for two buttons..

I have no idea when it stopped working but I know the topic linked before isn't applicable.

Basically when I start PSOBB, only two buttons work, X and A.

I can confirm that my device manager already shows "HID-compliant input device." it doesn't say "XInput compatible HID device" at all.

alright for people experiencing the issue where only X and A buttons work on their controllers whether Steam, Xbox, PS4, or other:

the issue is likely due to fact that you have two or more controllers connected to your computer, or a driver is installed that creates a virtual controller such as vJoy. I experimented with getting a JoyCon controller working for PSOBB/other games, and to do that you have to install a driver called vJoy and install a home brewed JoyCon controller driver (to get the two switch JoyCons to recognize as one controller in Windows). anyway by installing vJoy, it installed a controller which PSOBB was detecting and trying to use; and when I inserted my Xbox/Stream/PS4 controller it was detected as a second controller which PSOBB can detect but only detects X and A when pressed.. not sure if this issue is fixable, but the solution is unplugged extra controllers, deactivate vJoy, or there's some hint that a third party application can adjust the position of controllers. PSOBB by default detects the controller in position slot one first, so if you adjust the settings using a utility you can make your actual controller of use be detected first. somebody recommended devreorder in another post: https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/problems-with-360-controller.842/

alright for people experiencing the issue where only X and A buttons work on their controllers whether Steam, Xbox, PS4, or other:

the issue is likely due to fact that you have two or more controllers connected to your computer, or a driver is installed that creates a virtual controller such as vJoy. I experimented with getting a JoyCon controller working for PSOBB/other games, and to do that you have to install a driver called vJoy and install a home brewed JoyCon controller driver (to get the two switch JoyCons to recognize as one controller in Windows). anyway by installing vJoy, it installed a controller which PSOBB was detecting and trying to use; and when I inserted my Xbox/Stream/PS4 controller it was detected as a second controller which PSOBB can detect but only detects X and A when pressed.. not sure if this issue is fixable, but the solution is unplugged extra controllers, deactivate vJoy, or there's some hint that a third party application can adjust the position of controllers. PSOBB by default detects the controller in position slot one first, so if you adjust the settings using a utility you can make your actual controller of use be detected first. somebody recommended devreorder in another post: https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/problems-with-360-controller.842/

Thanks, your reply helped me solve my problem.
I'm using a pair of joycons to play. Yesterday they were working fine (not perfect tho, more later) but today
for some reason they were not working. I spent hours trying to fix it, doing all kinds of things. Then i saw your post and
at least the problem made sense. For some reason, today the vJoy Device order changed and PSO is picking the
wrong device. I then proceed to use devreorder. But it didn't work. But thats obvious, since both vJoy controllers
have the same name, the same problem persist. My next step was then to try and rename one of the vJoy Devices
by messing with Registry. I could not make it work. Then an idea came into my head. The vJoy Device 2 (the 16 button one)
is not being used at all. Its only messing the ordering of the controllers. Why dont i simply remove it?
And guess what, it works! The procedure is simple: after setting all up and get your joy cons as one controller (using the joycon driver with vJoy) open vJoy Config and remove the 16 button vJoy Device. Then take a look at the joycon driver cmd prompt.
It'll say that it can no longer feed the vJoy 1, and that you need to set it up again and press enter. But hey, we only messed with the second vJoy. Just press enter. Open vJoy Monitor to make sure the controller is working. It works for me. Now theres
nothing in the way and PSO sees my joycons as one controller and is all fine. Well not all acctually. Like i said before, its not perfect.
For some reason the Plus button and shoulder and trigger buttons in the Right Joycon dont work. But since theres lots of
other free buttons theres no problem. Oh and one other thing. When configuring the pad ingame first set the Right Analog.
For some reason if you set the Left first, the X axis gets flipped.
Well thats all, hope it helps someone.

Oh wow. More info. It turns out you dont even need to have the 16 button vJoy device setup. Its only needed if you
want to use the joycons individually. Even simpler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back