Xbox One Controller Issue

I am using an Xbox One controller via wireless dongle and when I was playing a few months back everything was fine. Fast forward to playing yesterday. When I get to the character select screen it just keeps cycling through all of the characters. It does not do that when I am on the title screen. I then used a new Xbox One controller that I had just bought and still the same thing. I uninstalled then reinstalled the game and still the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last time this happened, someone had some virtual joystick or other driver installed on the machine at the same time.

They yoinked it out and the problem was solved.

Sorry forgot to add that the controller works flawlessly with all my other games but I'll give reinstalling the driver a shot.

UPDATE: Tried reinstalling drivers and still the same issue.

Last edited:
You shouldn’t have to install any driver for the Xbox One wired or wireless controllers. They are plug and play.

I’d try rebooting your machine. Also look for virtual joy or key or something like that as installed.

I use a PS3 controller, but I've had this happen in the past when my controller mapping got mixed up due to a driver update or something. In my case, the game's left or right analog stick control had been mapped to either the left or right trigger on the controller. In order to keep the cursor from constantly moving in the menus, I had to keep the trigger pressed about halfway until I got in-game and could remap the controls.

I noticed that when I set the controls to default the character stops moving along with the menu's. However, once I map the right analog it starts up again. I even tried a PS4 controller with the same results.

What exactly is happening when you bind it? In my case, I can select the option to bind it at which point it waits for input from the controller. Then, when I move the right analog stick, the action gets bound to the direction I moved the stick in. Perhaps you have an input from a joystick device that's stuck in an "active" position that is automatically getting bound before you have a chance to bind the action to your controller.

What exactly is happening when you bind it? In my case, I can select the option to bind it at which point it waits for input from the controller. Then, when I move the right analog stick, the action gets bound to the direction I moved the stick in. Perhaps you have an input from a joystick device that's stuck in an "active" position that is automatically getting bound before you have a chance to bind the action to your controller.

Once I bind it I'm ok then once I back out of the options it starts acting up again. I've tried the same controllers in other games and no issues.

Once I bind it I'm ok then once I back out of the options it starts acting up again. I've tried the same controllers in other games and no issues.
I was really more asking about details like, for instance, what is the name of the button it binds to? And does it wait for you to press the button before it locks in the binding? I'm guessing that it starts acting up when you leave the bind menu because the input that is stuck in the "active" position isn't officially bound until you back out of that menu.

I was really more asking about details like, for instance, what is the name of the button it binds to? And does it wait for you to press the button before it locks in the binding? I'm guessing that it starts acting up when you leave the bind menu because the input that is stuck in the "active" position isn't officially bound until you back out of that menu.

Now it was acting up even when reseting the controls. Also, the camera keeps moving too now. I tried a new receiver as well and even installed on my laptop (no controller issues). I guess I'm going to need to reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Do you by chance have Steam or another gaming platform running in the background when this is happening?
They can have controller overlays activating and you might not realize it.

Back