xbox 360 wired controller trigger doesn't work

Alkaiser

Guildcard
Hello i use windows 10 pro 64 bit and a wired xbox 360 controller with he very latest drivers:
xbox 360 controller 10.0.15063.0 driver

the problem is i can not seem to use the back buttons on my controllers ( aka L2/R2 ) or triggers "whatever they call it these days" back buttons.

I tried upgrading latest drivers and checking option but whenever i hit buttons to change settins it doesn't seem to do anything.

Not sure if it was asked as i started on ephinea today but not being able to use my back controller buttons is a deal breaker for me.

Anyone know how to make them work?

Triggers wont works on PSO so, the best solution is to use Xpadder or any equivalent software and bind some keys on the 2 triggers.

Here's an example of my gamepad scheme:
6eMZ529.jpg

yeah I had same issue, something about how the triggers don't register as a button, but more like a throttle, so there is a 0-100% amount on it. Which seemed like you could just hit the triggers as hard as possible to register 100% to equate to pressing a button, but no.

I have an xbox one controller so it's similar. I use a program called Antimicro to keybind numbers to my controller so I can use traps and mates and stuff with it.
12.PNG

Technically you do not need to use external button-mapping software to fix the triggers; you just need to replace Microsoft's bad driver with a good driver that lets you treat the triggers as buttons, such as XBCD for WinXP.

tried using antimicro it is nice to be able to use right analog stick for stuff but i can't figure out how to make back triggers to work still.

even if i key bind to something like lets say keyboard K when i go to PSO menu and go to gamepad config when i click on trigger buttons it doesn't register anything to them.

is xpadder better for this?

P.S-
XBCD for WinXP.
does this work for windows 10 pro 64 bit?

Last edited:
Triggers aren't detected by PSO, so they will never be set in the pad configuration. What Antimicro (and similar programs do) is make it so that when you press the trigger, it presses the appropriate button on the keyboard, meaning you won't need to set anything in the options.

So for example if you put the keyboard button "W" on your back trigger, your character will walk forward while the back trigger is pressed.

Back