Work it baby

raggamuffin

Guildcard
Got all moved in yesterday. Picked up a rental van at 8:30 and met the removals men at our storage place at 9:30. They loaded up their truck and we met them at our new house around lunch time. The sofa didn't fit. I knew it wouldn't but my lady and family said to remain positive. 1-0 to the pessimists. But we got the sofa collected by a second hand furniture store about 2 hours after we'd moved all our stuff in. Efficient.

We loaded up the stuff from my parents house into the van and were unloaded back at home at around 4pm. I dropped off the van, got my car and bought a few bits from the supermarket.

We spent until around 7pm sorting through stuff, moving boxes and bags into the spare room and trying to clear space downstairs as we've got builders coming over to do inspections and quotes this afternoon.

I slept 12 hours last night, me and Kristy are aching in all sorts of places. This morning we continued sorting through stuff. I only just finished everything about 20 minutes ago.

Chris on a crutch I'm beat. Been busy all morning. Now i'm just waiting, builders coming over at 2pm. We've also got a washing machine being delivered between 2 and 6. Bought a dehumidifier for the damp this morning as there is damp just below the bay window. That's the first thing we're going to query with the builders, along with the state of the electrics. The general repairs and additions to this house were done haphazardly. The condition of the kitchen counter and cabinets I removed showed the general lack of quality of maintenance. Then again we knew/expected to have to rennoavte the whole interior of the house.

I took apart half of the kitchen counters and cabinets so we could fit the fridge and freezer in. They're plugged in now so we're just waiting for them to drop to temp so we can do a shop later and fill them up.

I took the kitchen counter, cabinets and other random stuff down the tip just now. It's a 2 minute drive down the road, pretty convenient. Plus as it's just a sorting recycling centre and not a land fill there aren't any funky smells near our house.

Gonna buy some cheap temporary curtains later for our bedroom as there aren't any. We put up bed sheets over the curtain rails last night. Very crack den esque. Put all the boxes and bags in the 2 spare bedrooms, that was the biggest task. Quite a narrow and steep staircase so our legs are killing us.

Kristy is at work this morning. We went there for breakfast then I got some spare keys cut. Unscrewed the bolt for the garden shed as the key for the padlock wouldn't turn as the padlock is in a bad way. Badlock. hurr hurr. Going to avoid using the shed until the roof gets checked. It looks very old and I'm dubious about the roof, there's a chance it could be asbestos.

Gonna sort through the bags of clothing for the bedroom later fold and sort it all etc. Bought a wireless dongle for internet until we get the internet switched on on the 4th July. It's 3GB capacity pre-loaded but it's genuinely pre-dial up speeds when it comes to loading websites etc.

After today's tasks are finished there won't really be anything to do until we have the builders start their work. They should be here any minute now so I'm gonna head off.

Ed

I don't think that's a British saying. Never heard it in my life. I think it's just a ragga.

Got all moved in yesterday. Picked up a rental van at 8:30 and met the removals men at our storage place at 9:30. They loaded up their truck and we met them at our new house around lunch time. The sofa didn't fit. I knew it wouldn't but my lady and family said to remain positive. 1-0 to the pessimists. But we got the sofa collected by a second hand furniture store about 2 hours after we'd moved all our stuff in. Efficient.

We loaded up the stuff from my parents house into the van and were unloaded back at home at around 4pm. I dropped off the van, got my car and bought a few bits from the supermarket.

We spent until around 7pm sorting through stuff, moving boxes and bags into the spare room and trying to clear space downstairs as we've got builders coming over to do inspections and quotes this afternoon.

I slept 12 hours last night, me and Kristy are aching in all sorts of places. This morning we continued sorting through stuff. I only just finished everything about 20 minutes ago.

Chris on a crutch I'm beat. Been busy all morning. Now i'm just waiting, builders coming over at 2pm. We've also got a washing machine being delivered between 2 and 6. Bought a dehumidifier for the damp this morning as there is damp just below the bay window. That's the first thing we're going to query with the builders, along with the state of the electrics. The general repairs and additions to this house were done haphazardly. The condition of the kitchen counter and cabinets I removed showed the general lack of quality of maintenance. Then again we knew/expected to have to rennoavte the whole interior of the house.

I took apart half of the kitchen counters and cabinets so we could fit the fridge and freezer in. They're plugged in now so we're just waiting for them to drop to temp so we can do a shop later and fill them up.

I took the kitchen counter, cabinets and other random stuff down the tip just now. It's a 2 minute drive down the road, pretty convenient. Plus as it's just a sorting recycling centre and not a land fill there aren't any funky smells near our house.

Gonna buy some cheap temporary curtains later for our bedroom as there aren't any. We put up bed sheets over the curtain rails last night. Very crack den esque. Put all the boxes and bags in the 2 spare bedrooms, that was the biggest task. Quite a narrow and steep staircase so our legs are killing us.

Kristy is at work this morning. We went there for breakfast then I got some spare keys cut. Unscrewed the bolt for the garden shed as the key for the padlock wouldn't turn as the padlock is in a bad way. Badlock. hurr hurr. Going to avoid using the shed until the roof gets checked. It looks very old and I'm dubious about the roof, there's a chance it could be asbestos.

Gonna sort through the bags of clothing for the bedroom later fold and sort it all etc. Bought a wireless dongle for internet until we get the internet switched on on the 4th July. It's 3GB capacity pre-loaded but it's genuinely pre-dial up speeds when it comes to loading websites etc.

After today's tasks are finished there won't really be anything to do until we have the builders start their work. They should be here any minute now so I'm gonna head off.

Ed
Now all that is left is to make this "House a HOME!" Here's to hoping the good memories start NOW! CHEERS LUV! =3

So what you're saying is...

the pad lock was in bad knick?

Back