Windows XP Compatibility Fix

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
If you're on Windows XP and couldn't run online.exe, please run PsoBB.exe to download a new online.exe

The reason it did not work before was the use of some Windows Vista+ Winsock2 functions for the TCP/IP code, but we've now changed back to "deprecated" commands to get Windows XP working again. ;)

Apologies for the inconvenience caused before!

How would I go about doing that? The message I get after downloading the patch and trying to relaunch the game is "Cannot load Ephinea Patch Client.mfx. This object may need an external program or library not yet installed".

Hmm, there must be some other dependency some people don't have? We'll look into this, hope to have it resolved ASAP.

I have latest update downloads for both of those and just did the latest windows update. Same error message unfortunately.

did you download the one that's right for your OS? x32 or x64, dont bother dling the arm.exe one.

We've now compiled the EXE with the dependents included. (school boy error on my part). So shouldn't need to download or install any of the runtimes.

Back