Windows defender issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archivebit

fourwordsalluppercase
Guildcard
Any reason why since the most recent update windows defender kills any iteration of the launcher "online" with a fire and nukes even if windows defender is disabled and i whiteflag the "trojan"

Urgh it used to be bad, but now i can barely load anything up.

I had the same issue, restored the files several times but defender kept removing them. Only fixes I've found so far is turning defender off.

Microsoft: "We know better than you."

-> Can't disable updates on most versions of windows 10
-> Now apparently can't whitelist shit? LOL

There's always windows 7/8.1 again. :wacko:

Just disable windows defender and get a real (hopefully free) antivirus.

If they won't let you whitelist shit they deserve it.

(It's just too bad they hold as monopoly and Linux is shit for gaming still)

I'm having this issue now too. Just recently did the big Windows 10 Creators update and along with screwing up the drivers for my wifi (making my new laptop BSOD if I use a wifi connection for over 5 minutes), Windows now thinks Ephinea has a Trojan in it and it wouldn't start.

I uninstalled the game hoping reinstalling would fix this but now Windows won't let me even install the game. wtf.

I'm on 7 so I'm not really sure if this is possible on later iterations, but disable real time protection. If you have to use it instead of, say, Malwarebytes for scanning, do as instructed above with exclusions (you may have to re-do that whenever Ephinea updates.)

This issue has reappeared after the update. I cant even white list this folder anymore.

I'm on windows 10. I have it set as an exclusion. But the way i had to do it was > Create the exclusion. delete the ephinea.dll that defender had already marked as needing action, then open the launcher and re downloaded the ephinea.dll and all was good after that.

This is kind of concerning.
Only concerning if you're paranoid.

We've already explained it's a false positive a million times. Any time we do an update to the DLL, due to jankiness of AV detection, it "detects" some random ass new virus.

Just whitelist the folder and be done. If your AV software won't allow whitelisting properly, get some different AV software.

There doesn't need to be a new topic or even a new post in this topic every single time there is a DLL update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back