Will it even run

Nosfarot2

i am wanting to download and play but am wondering if ephinea will even run on my old windows 7 netbook any help would be appreciated I couldn't find any specs for running. thank you

Last edited:
It'll depend on your gpu. Being a netbook i suspect it'll run extremely poorly even on the lowest settings.

There's always the "I bought my PC at walmart" patch. No its literally called that, not making fun of you. xD

There's always the "I bought my PC at walmart" patch. No its literally called that, not making fun of you. xD
it removes all particles including all projectiles (yours and the enemies) and makes some weapons invis iirc

its a very bad patch :p

i'm actually playing on intel HD 4600 on 1920x1080 all on high without lag, you should be fine, pso is a old game after all.
If your laptop is that old, i wish you've at least an nvidia or ati card, it should do the trick ;)

dunno its worked for nubs in the past lol, only reason I suggest it. Lappys/netbooks just hate pso sometimes. :T

I play on my laptop and even though it's a pretty decent one, I get noticeable slowdown in places with a lot of shit on screen, especially in later areas. So it could probably run on a netbook, just not very well I'd imagine.

The requirements for this game are as follow taken from the official website :

Operating System: Windows 98SE / Me / 2000 / XP [XP recommended]
Processor: Pentium III,
700 MHz [Pentinum 4, 1.4GHz or above recommended]
Graphics Card: Direct3D compatible, 3D graphics board, minimum 32 MB VRAM
Supported Cards: NVIDIA:GeForce 3/3Ti200/3Ti500, 4Ti4200,FX5200/5600/5900
ATI: RADEON 8500/8500LE/9600PRO/9800PRO
Sound Card: DirectSound compatible
DirectX: DirectX 9.0b or above
Internet Connection Speed: 256kbps

I doubt there's a computer out there that would have issues running this unless it's 15~20 years old or something. I used to play on an old 1.4ghz celeron about 10 years ago and never had any lag (On max settings with gameguard on). If you do happen to lag, most likely it has to do with a software running on your system and not the game itself. Even the older 500mhz Intel computer I was using would probably have been fine if it wasn't capped with an integrated 4MB VRAM lol What's important is to make sure no other process is draining your cpu if you only have a single core because the game will use 100% cpu (Namely antivirus or lots of background tabs in your favorite browser, etc.).

Back