Why is this even a thing? Why is Windows so fucking bad?

computers are hard, man

I remember Windows 98... Not as clumsy or random as newer versions of Windows. An elegant operating system... for a more civilized age.

I could customize the shit out of it, and I knew what I was doing 100% of the time. And I was 10.

That is a crapload of random possible solutions, and you know what, I've had exactly this many times, and I'd be sat thinking the computer is just getting crap done, only to find there was a dialog box waiting for me to give the 15th consecutive OK to complete the task!

Isn't that because they've been using the same kernel or w/e for like 20+ years?

Running theory is that nobody at Microsoft really knows how Windows works anymore. It's a massive tangle of layers upon layers of code, from twenty-five years of software development, wherein old programmers disappear, newer ones that do not have any knowledge of the old code have to work with what they have. The solution to your issue is lost somewhere in twenty years of improvised OS improvements.

I hope Windows dies and Linux finally takes over.

Seriously fuck this shit.

I hope Windows dies and Linux finally takes over.

Seriously fuck this shit.

You first need to remove the stranglehold Microsoft and Nvidia have on stuff like DirectX11 and convince developers to do the little bit of work to make their stuff linux compatible. Then you need to make the whole process of installing/obtaining linux much easier.

Do these things and Linux will take over the PC market.

lunix is great! I can run psobb at 2 whole frames per second on my other laptop.

and then you`ll realize the shitshow that it is and understand how nice windows actually is!

Linux bugs can be fixed. Heck you can fix em yourself if you really want to.

Windows bugs apparently can't be fixed. Even by Microsoft.

win 10 is rad tho

lol no thanks.

Impossible to disable updates on ethernet unless you have one of the better versions (professional?).

I also had graphical issues, and didn't wanna bother going to my OEM website and see if they had win10 specific drivers.

Back